Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows XP-64 AMD VS Windows XP 32Bit (Benchmarks Included)

Options
  • 25-11-2004 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

So i finally got some pics up of my benchmarks (lots of people have been asking to see them, ive just been busy recently), heres the link
    http://www.angelfire.com/alt2/glines_pc_page/Images/

I compared some common sandra tests on win xp-64 and normal 32bit xp and my 3dmark 03 score is up and some other misc pics of pc.

As u can see, no real major increase in speed and memory bandwidth in win xp-64 as of yet, maybe when its finished there will be other increases. Also sandra 2005 is probably not true 64bit, there are very little true 64bit applications available for this verion of windows so the benifits cant really be seen as of yet. Drivers are getting better for it though, i got the ati beta 2 drivers and i actually got 3dmark to complete, also i got the new beta creative drivers and now i have sound also (which the last creative beta's didnt even give me, lol).
    By the way the only reason i havnt got a 32bit 3dmark2005 score yet is it doesnt work for me, im going to be formatting drive soon as there is a load of crap on it and will try and get a score with 582mhz core like the 3dmark 2003 score.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Ya got some nice Scores there gline, but i thought your 3D Scores would be a little bit higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Thats sweet gline. Are you running both OS on your machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

The low 3dmark 2003 score is on the 64bit OS because i didnt manage to get atitool to work to oc the x800, i thought my other 3dmark 2003 was pretty good for an x800 pro, no??? its in my sig. Yeh im running both os'es on my machine, 2 harddrives, 64bit isnt half bad,

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

gline wrote:
    The low 3dmark 2003 score is on the 64bit OS because i didnt manage to get atitool to work to oc the x800, i thought my other 3dmark 2003 was pretty good for an x800 pro, no??? its in my sig. Yeh im running both os'es on my machine, 2 harddrives, 64bit isnt half bad,

The BM in your sig is very good but the 3Dmark2005 one was slightly disappointing maybe you haven’t BM it in the 32bit OS yet.

I havnt done a 3dmark2005 with my x800 overclocked, the 2005 score u see in the pics is on the 64bit OS at stock speed, i cant get 3dmark2005 to run on my XP 32bit cuz it needs formatting i think, OH yeh and the ati 64bit drivers are beta, when 3dmark 2005 was running there were errors ALL over the screen, probably explains low score, still waiting for proper drivers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

nice results gline!

thanks man, im sure i will be able to improve on them with better drivers etc

Advertisement