Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pics of your ride :)

Options
  • 25-11-2004 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone :)
    Just a little thread i said i'd post up. It could give me and other people ideas for their cars and on what car to buy. So i'm asking people to post up pics of your cars on this thread. :) Especially the pimped up cars. ;)

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Oh I'd be far too embarrased - you show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Mines really big though and might give other Motor/Boardsies shed-on-wheels envy.

And from experience, anyone admitting to mod'ding their car gets flamed to death by the 'I've got a diesel A4 and boy racers should bow low and adore my Teutonic tarmac-ripper'. I like to call this 'Foreskin Durch Technik' syndrome.

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This must be generational thing....Pimped up?!

If you want to see what we drive click this

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

only cars? Well.. allow me to revolt against the system by posting a pic of my bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I go everywhere in style

Dt5x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I go everywhere in style

woooo, alloys and a drop and your sorted bud :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ando wrote:
    woooo, alloys and a drop and your sorted bud :D
    and neon underneath - not sure would blue clash so maybe go for pink

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

And from experience, anyone admitting to mod'ding their car gets flamed to death by the 'I've got a diesel A4 and boy racers should bow low and adore my Teutonic tarmac-ripper'. I like to call this 'Foreskin Durch Technik' syndrome.

'c

Ah 'ceptor, it's funny cause it's true. Another classic post :D

DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Don't the latest models come with dropped suspension in the front as standard, low rider style that can be adjusted. :D

dcGT wrote:
    Ah 'ceptor, it's funny cause it's true. Another classic post :D

DC.
    I can't help it, I have an overactive sarcasm gland and no-one will hire me as an auto journo. I was sitting in a DB9 this morning though...

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

This is what i drive unfortunately,,,

this one inparticular is not my piece of ****, but it's a piece of shít none the less :D

CB264328.jpg

But next year's when my fun begins!!!

maybe....

CB281090.jpg

or

CB262584.jpg

or

action_01_tcm46-13871.jpg

mmmmm :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Jesus I wouldn't go for onw of those coupes, they look absolutely muck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

And from experience, anyone admitting to mod'ding their car gets flamed to death by the 'I've got a diesel A4 and boy racers should bow low and adore my Teutonic tarmac-ripper'.
    It's nowhere near as bad here as it is on Motornet. Those guys are so anal I'm amazed they don't retain themselves.
    FX Meister wrote:
    Jesus I wouldn't go for onw of those coupes, they look absolutely muck
    Is that a Hyundai? I used to love the old S Coupe, but the new ones are awful, like the designer's pencil slipped or something.

adam

newband wrote:
    But next year's when my fun begins!!!

maybe....
    Oh newband, please don't buy the Hyundai Coopey - it is so baaaaad. I have driven lots of them and they make my teeth furry and my stomach sore. The new one is bearable but only for the first 5,000 miles until it develops the terminal-hyundai-sh1te-build-quality death rattle. Please drive a Honda Integra and the Hy Coupe on the same day and tell me you still like them.

As for the Punto, they look, feel, smell and handle like cr4p but 15 million europeans can't be wrong.... Or can they?

'c

touché!,, well i don't think the insurance company will be kind if i get an integra... i have to be honest i do love the look of the coupe, i used to hate the newer ones but they've grown on me. and from the reviews i've read there's more positive then neg,, but i shall be making notes of all points raised and shall take it into consideration.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

mdlMain14.gif

When seen from the front, looks like it was inspired by Kryten from Red Dwarf. Inside looks like it was upholstered in cheap lunch boxes. For some reason, they chose an aircraft throttle as the hand brake. The old Megane was WAY better.

Drives quite smoothly though, although it's bulk makes it a bit awkward for city driving. It's great for cruising along dual carriageways and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

citroen96.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Thanks for the pics but didnt know there was another thread about it going aswell. Unfortunately i dont have a car just yet, but i would love a little Opel Corsa. Small but convenient. ;)

P.s Be carefull 2 when your posting up pics of your cars that u have your reg blotted out just to be safe. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I just bought my runabout last week, whatcha think? Its a bit tricky down Pearse street but its ok I guess when its on the motorways

Ferrari%20F50%20P1%201.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

This in green
    primera20-02.jpg

also this in green
    LAND1.JPG

have this in dark grey and commerical
    my fav one :p
    toyota-landcrsr2734s.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I drive one of these:
    skoda.JPG

Same colour too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

..........And from experience, anyone admitting to mod'ding their car gets flamed to death by the 'I've got a diesel A4 and boy racers should bow low and adore my Teutonic tarmac-ripper'. I like to call this 'Foreskin Durch Technik' syndrome.

I'm somewhere in between camps. I'm a diesel 'Foreskin Durch Technik' driver who looks down on 'Some' boy racers. Nothing wrong with a little hatch spoiler on a hatchback and a decent set of alloys on 'any' car. In fact in the future I'll be getting a subtle votex bodykit, spoiler, bigger alloys etc on my A3. Nothing wrong with a 'full on' kit and/or paintjob on a decent car either, a la 'Fast and Furious'.

What I cannot stand are the muppet skangers who don't know the meaning of the word subtle and give their 1L Corsa's or daihatsu Charades the 'Full On' bodykit treatment.

Anyway heres a pic of mine.

img_0198.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

ibiza_01.jpg This is the same as my pride and joy except for the alloys and mine has red bumpers aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Nice ride! :)

This is what i hope to be driving next year. ;) or a little Opel Corsa

GTTurbo.jpg

^seriously?
    I'm somewhere in between camps. I'm a diesel 'Foreskin Durch Technik' driver who looks down on 'Some' boy racers. Nothing wrong with a little hatch spoiler on a hatchback and a decent set of alloys on 'any' car. In fact in the future I'll be getting a subtle votex bodykit, spoiler, bigger alloys etc on my A3. Nothing wrong with a 'full on' kit and/or paintjob on a decent car either, a la 'Fast and Furious'.

nice alloys are very nice on MOST cars!! there's nothin like a nice set of alloys to accent a car...mmmmm

i don't mind the odd spoiler(very VERY subtle tho!!)

other than that there's no point in 'kits' cos they're ****!!

why cake on the makeup when au naturall rules the roost!! :D

v. nice car by the by!! ;) that could also be on my shoppin list

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I mean I do get the whole, "making your ride unique" etc but I reckon if you're going to to it, do it properly. These guys spending $5000 on all sorts of tat on their 1L micra's and corsa's are mental. Listen lads, we know that you can't get insurance on anything bigger, we couldn't when we were your age either but rather than blowing a fortune on paintjobs, bodykits etc for a 'city runabout', I reckon they should put that €5000 in the credit union.

Put a set of alloys on the corsa by all means but don't spend anymore on it. Sit it out for 5 years till you've built up your NCB, experience, Full Licence etc. Continue putting all that money into the Credit union that you've saved by not buying fake Turbo DV valve speaker thingies, neon tubes etc. Then when Insurance is cheaper for you and you're earning a little more, by all means blow the €10,000 you now have in the Credit Union on modding a decent car which you can now afford to buy and insure. A car like those in the fast and the furious that actually look cool with the neon glow under the car and the big spoiler and the 'real' turbo etc etc On a micra they just look f*cking ridiculous!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Im going to revolt aswelll.......here's my baby http://community.webshots.com/album/208650895yyYAna :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

www.way2ez.net/pics/megane.jpg
    Ignore the park job in the handicapped spot, that was done for comedy effect for somewhere else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Had no pics of my own, so I Googled it. Hope you don't mind. ;)

Mine in a year or two: 1988 BMW 320i
    5356.jpg

My dad's: 1969 MGc / 2000 BMW M5
    mgcfront.jpg

10868.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Oh if we can post Googled photo's...

Yes, I am one of those Civic Knackers. It's missing the front fog lights (which I don't use BTW)

• Advertisement

jayok wrote:
    Yes, I am one of those Civic Knackers.

Not knackage if its a current type R *me v.jealous
    jayok wrote:
    It's missing the front fog lights (which I don't use BTW)

Stop sucking up to the 'Switch off yer foglights brigade' Hehe...

'c

Advertisement