Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pics of your ride :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

My Alfa GTA:

aFrontRight2.JPG

aRearRight3.JPG

aRear.JPG

aInsideFront.JPG

aFrontRight.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Now i feel sick,
    specifically, green with envy.....

I don't wanna play anymore :p

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭halkar

Haven't yet figure out how to get her do all this but here she is :Dscreenshot-6028-350-f.jpg

Off topic, had 2 BMW 320d - 02 and 03 other day for few hours they were uber****e to drive comparing to this baby:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

What I drive.....

01_Nice_and_shiny_001.sized.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Ernie Ball wrote:
    Wow. Looks like a cool motor. When are you getting it?

The boat is due in from Japan June 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

fletch wrote:
    She's a beaut....class car that wrongly goes totally unnoticed

thanks m8 ;) , and I agree with you. I got more looks in the old focus :rolleyes: Would be a good car to rob a bank with :D

bmoferrall wrote:
    My Alfa GTA:

woohoo, now we're talking. No success in selling her yet?

ando wrote:
    woohoo, now we're talking. No success in selling her yet?

Not yet; still hopeful for some reason though. If I don't sell it soon I'll probably hang on to it long term - would be criminal to give it away for much less.

Leon looks great by the way, especially in black (is that the Cupra R?). Test drove a cupra a while back and loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

bmoferrall wrote:
    (is that the Cupra R?). Test drove a cupra a while back and loved it.

no she's not unfortunally, Tdi 110 but I'm on the hunt for a 180hp Cupra. If I get a chance to get one for a reasonable price, I'll jump on it. Chip them and they go Focus RS fast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

was gonna get an m3 but decided that this was a more personal touch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

the jew wrote:
    I don't think the two are really comparable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

the jew wrote:

Thats a mean looking ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Heres my motor...........changing it soon though!

Havent decided what to get yet!!

Sorry the pic is a bit crappy....car isnt clean or waxed !!!

IMO the car looks ok when ive cleaned, waxed, blackened the tyres and shine the wheels!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

My chariot:

IMG_3150.jpg
    IMG_3152.jpg
    IMG_3153.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

bmofarrall that is one class ride!

(But maybe you might do it one little justice and get the clear side repeaters will you!?)

Mine's a bit of a wuss in comparison - 1.8TS :(

Still .... I like it. :)

Alfa1.jpg

bmofarrall that is one class ride!

(But maybe you might do it one little justice and get the clear side repeaters will you!?)

Mine's a bit of a wuss in comparison - 1.8TS :(

Still .... I like it. :)

Cheers. I'll check the clear repeater in photoshop tomorrow. I don't like interfering with a good original design but you could be right in this case.

Your car looks good, especially the wheels; not sure about the rear lights but maybe a full-on rear view would show them in a better light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

They're an aquired taste. ;)

Honestly I was not sure about them either when i got them first and swapped them back a couple of times to make sure but now they've grown on me! From the back they suit the silver a little better imo. And add a little bit of character. Still, after the repeaters I wouldn't change anything on yours.

Btw they're only like €30 and are easy to fit so you can change back if you want. But I do think they look better on silver. Blend is much nicer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Damn, that black MR2 looks good Ernie!!! It was just a little pricey for me and I couldn't find a black one in a garage for a good price.

Might get one in 3 years when I have paid for my MX5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

My baby
    4522rocksegts.jpg
    Give me another year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

I'm really posh - I've 2 cars!
    Pic taken tonight... neither of 'em washed, waxed or taxed :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Love those Alfas. Is that an aftermarket kit on the GTA? The front spoiler look a little different from others that i've licked clean.

This is my Bête Noir

image001.jpg
    image007.jpg
    P1010018.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

Of all the cars here DS20's is definitely the coolest :cool:
    When I was a kid there was one of these always parked in the same place on the way to school and *every* morning I would cross the road to have a closer look - Remember reading an old car mag where they had a review of the DS and the summary was: "A Cathedral on Wheels".
    One of these days I'll have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

The Alfas (especially the GTA) and Seats are real nice, but they just don't compare to my pimpin' protegé!

This Is My Car...

(edit: gahhh. mspaint has done horrible speckly things with JPEG compression. the original picture with licence plate intact really shows the superb polish job the dealer did :) )

Love those Alfas. Is that an aftermarket kit on the GTA? The front spoiler look a little different from others that i've licked clean.

GTA is standard to the best of my knowledge (it was a demo for a few months before I bought it).

This is my Bête Noir

Great to see all these Citroen DS's still on the road. Full of character, so unique and so cute - and perfectly equipped for our roads today. I presume the designer was influenced by the facial expression a frog/toad?
    image001.jpg
    Looks like it might a tight squeeze to get it into your garage - shame to have to leave it exposed to the elements.

From the other DS's in the picture it looks like you picked the best colour combination - bet it doesn't look that clean all the time though! I see you have a cushion/pillow handy for those nights when you just can't bear to leave it :)

image007.jpg

bmoferrall wrote:
    Great to see all these Citroen DS's still on the road. Full of character, so unique and so cute - and perfectly equipped for our roads today. I presume the designer was influenced by the facial expression a frog/toad?

This nose is actually the last revision of the DS. The first is visible in the mirror on the 3rd picture and has a much friendlier face. The original design was by Flaminio Bertoni, who also penned the 2CV, Traction Avant, Ami and Mathis 33. What I really like about him is that none of his cars followed a "design language" - they were all radically different to each other. Also, for the Traction he used clay sculpture rather than pen and paper to design. This nose is said to be the work of both Bertoni and Robert Opron, who went on to design the SM, CX, GS, Renault Fuego, etc.
    Looks like it might a tight squeeze to get it into your garage - shame to have to leave it exposed to the elements.
    Tell me about it. I have a very good cover, but the plan is to build a proper garage this year.
    From the other DS's in the picture it looks like you picked the best colour combination - bet it doesn't look that clean all the time though!
    Many people say this, but to be honest I'd prefer it in a pastel yellow with an aubergine roof - the original launch colours. Much less "Paris gansta, 1970"
    I see you have a cushion/pillow handy for those nights when you just can't bear to leave it :)
    I am firmly of the opinion that all 70s cars should have a cushion in the rear. They did when I was growing up. And maybe a tartan rug, or some sheepskin on the parcel shelf...

damo605 wrote:
    Of all the cars here DS20's is definitely the coolest :cool:
    When I was a kid there was one of these always parked in the same place on the way to school and *every* morning I would cross the road to have a closer look - Remember reading an old car mag where they had a review of the DS and the summary was: "A Cathedral on Wheels".
    One of these days I'll have one!

Thanks damo. You should get one. They're not half as complex or unreliable as people make out, and they are not expensive compared to a modern car.
    €10,000 would buy you a good daily driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

gotta say ds, that car is gorgeous, really nice, wish my 911 was that mint...fair play

Kersh wrote:
    gotta say ds, that car is gorgeous, really nice, wish my 911 was that mint...fair play
    Cheers Kersh - wanna swap? ;-) only kidding - you'd have to kill me to prise the keys from my hands.

I love your 911 - it's a great colour. Personally, I'd go without the whale-tail spoiler, but it is original, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Couple of mine seen as we are all at it :)

advert2.JPG

advert.JPG

advert3.JPG

front1.jpg

Advertisement