Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pics of your ride :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

ciarsd wrote:
    Couple of mine seen as we are all at it :)

I'm usually not keen on modifications to a good original design but you've done a nice job with this 147. Great colour too (is it standard?). Must sound like the hounds from hell with that exhaust! (Best of luck with the sale)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

The spoiler is not original porsche, dont know why, someone must have fitted it, or replaced the original, cos it has the 16" Fuchs wheels, and the full leather interior, which was an option that came with the spoiler, so I really dont know???,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Hehehe, had to get mine in here:

1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

bmoferrall wrote:
    I'm usually not keen on modifications to a good original design but you've done a nice job with this 147. Great colour too (is it standard?). Must sound like the hounds from hell with that exhaust! (Best of luck with the sale)

cheers :)

the colour is another of Alfa's wonderful colours - little known and seldom seen. Its called Africa Gray.

The exhaust system is made by an italian exhaust company specifically for the 147. It's not a screamer by any means at idle or low revs, but there is a slightly deeper note under acceleration higher up the rev range. I HATE screaming exhausts - I've still got silencers/cat incorporated into that system to keep it totally above board, legal and not sounding like a rally car :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

ciarsd wrote:
    the colour is another of Alfa's wonderful colours - little known and seldom seen. Its called Africa Gray.

My 156 was Africa Gray. Sob.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

My baby, Lotus Elise 111r, so amazing and its always been my dream car :D

0-60 4.9 sec
    Transmission 6 Speed Manual Gearbox
    Weight 860 kg
    Power 190@7800 bhp
    Maximum Speed 150 mph

lotuselise.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Funxy wrote:
    My baby, Lotus Elise 111r, so amazing and its always been my dream car :D

0-60 4.9 sec
    Transmission 6 Speed Manual Gearbox
    Weight 860 kg
    Power 190@7800 bhp
    Maximum Speed 150 mph

Is that the one with the celica engine in it?? Some beast....

Thats the one! Would of course choose the toyota engine over a rover anyday! :eek:

Excellent choice......your not in waterford by any chance are you?? I have seen a blue 05 elise going around.

That would be me *blush* give me a wave next time :p

• Advertisement

Actually havent seen the car around in a while, but I have been in the middle of exams.....dont forget to wave back...:D

Ill probably be like who on earth is that .... ooooooo boards.ie :p Best of luck in the exams!

Thanks....now back on topic prehaps....If only my car was here, I could put up some new pics of it

What kind is it and when will you have it back? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Here, have mine while you are waiting, now be sure not to scratch it when reversing out.... :)

@funxy
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2707168&postcount=50
    from earlier in this thread

@AMurphy
    thanks...I think.....would i have to retrive it myself?

Nice car, really different looking, i like alot and ive never seen one on irish roads, which is always good to be original. When you expecting it? :D

Funxy wrote:
    Nice car, really different looking, i like alot and ive never seen one on irish roads, which is always good to be original. When you expecting it? :D

Thanks......when it lands it will be the 3rd I know of, and the 2nd in Waterford believe it or not. You'll be seeing it around from the first week in june all going well.

I'ld challenge you to a race, but your elise would rape it....lol (in a purely car vs car way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

heres my bundle of joy, apologies for the "professional" reg blurring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

same as mine, 5 door though, regular 1.6 Lusso with side skerts...

• Advertisement

bp_me wrote:
    Thanks......when it lands it will be the 3rd I know of, and the 2nd in Waterford believe it or not. You'll be seeing it around from the first week in june all going well.

I'ld challenge you to a race, but your elise would rape it....lol (in a purely car vs car way)

Ah excellent, just in time for the nice summer driving :cool: haha the elsie is a fast beast alright, hoping to go to the uk for some driver training and track days to get the most from it :D

You lucky thing you......Ah well, maybe in a few years I will be able to get a truely fast car.

Have a look at this picture
    http://www.omicron.uk.com/sera/forum/index.php?&act=Garage&CODE=14&type=garage_gallery&id=103

Thats how much glass is in it.......

*wanders off to stock up on sun block*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bill Gates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

ianomccabe wrote:
    heres my bundle of joy, apologies for the "professional" reg blurring

I quite like the GTi, I'm working with them at the moment, all I can say is that they do look especially sweet with the 18" wheels. Is it a DSG btw? I've driven both and really liked the DSG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Funxy wrote:
    Ah excellent, just in time for the nice summer driving :cool: haha the elsie is a fast beast alright, hoping to go to the uk for some driver training and track days to get the most from it :D

Any idea where? I'd be interested to hear how you get on as I'm thinking about doing something like that myself.

Bp ~ deadly, i love the doors, half lambo/half gullwing :cool:

ernie ~ im not sure as of yet, theres so many different places to do it and im clueless about driving in the uk. Theres a few courses id love to do specifically for the elise but they seem to be only on bout once a month. So ill probably go to a normal performance driving course. The uk lotus site recoomends these places:

- Cadence - http://www.cadence.co.uk/

- Kieran Watts - http://www.kieranwatts.com/

- John Lyon - http://www.high-performance-course.co.uk/

- Ride Drive - http://www.ridedrive.co.uk/

Once i decide when to go, ill look into dates etc. I want to try to schedule it with my 9000 mile service as i dont trust the irish dealer to deal with my car as they messed up a few simple things already :rolleyes: I wonder has anyone else here been to the uk for this kind of thing? Do you know h ow long lets say it would take to get the ferry over and then drive to london, just to give an idea of distances etc

Think it would take 4 or 5 hours to get to london from fishguard, but dont quote me on that.....the AA's uk site should have mapping facilities on it.

Squirrel wrote:
    I quite like the GTi, I'm working with them at the moment, all I can say is that they do look especially sweet with the 18" wheels. Is it a DSG btw? I've driven both and really liked the DSG

no its not a dsg, never drove the DSG but ive heard great things about them. It is the most enbelievable car ive owned. I absolutely love it!

Whats the DSG like compared to mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Super gearchanges, well worth the extra cost. On a track it probably wouldn't be as fun, as without the clutch it isn't a real "drivers" car, but it gives a better drive than some "drivers" car. That said I wouldn't say no to the standard gearbox, very nice six speeder

• Advertisement

I wasa thinking of shelling out but was afraid that i might lose some of the feeling of the 6 speed. Bit of a purist!
    I've yet to see a bad review of the car and i've done some amount of research on it. I love it

Advertisement