Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

landlord/apartment trouble

• 25-11-2004 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

Didnt know where to post this so i put it here . i think most of yas go here anyway....

meself and the girlfriend moved into an apartment last july , everythn was great with it and we like the place a lot.
    About 2 weeks ago we noticed a lot of damp mould on the bottom of the bedroom wall...and discovered that it had gotton into the wardrobe beside the bed...and some of my g/f clothes were destroyed, namely a leather coat worth about 300 euro.

So we asked the caretaker to come over and have a look at it (the landlord is in galway), he said that it had happened before and that it wasent damp but that it was condensation from lack of ventilation...(YEAH RIGHT),and that he would bring us over some stuff to kill off the mould.

That was last night..today i came home to find the mould had been wiped away and the fan in the bathroom was on, so i rang the girlfriend to see if shed been home ......she had'nt...so that mean the caretaker was in our apartment without us being there...now correct me if im wrong, but dosent he need permission to be there from us?

What grouds do we have legally , im not up to date on all this legal mumbo jumbo so i need help!

P.S Sorry for long post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what does it say in your contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

You asked him to come over and sort it.
    Obviously if he's the caretaker he's got keys.
    If you hadn't asked him and he'd been in to do something, then yeah that'd be different.
    Did he take anything, apart from the mould?

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Landlords and Caretakers are like vampires, they have to be asked in - and you say you did.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

And I hate to tell you he's probably right... It's not damp, or else he'd **** himself... You get mould if you dont onpen your windows and air the place out... and if you have the heating up high and the wall is an exterior wall, and not insulated there is condensation, which in turn has mould... you'll have no real come back.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

well we got sorted . looked at a house today and were goin for it...gave our 28 day notice here and i wouldnt live in this dump if i was paid , the landlord basically told us today "'IF YOUR NOT HAPPY THEN YOU CAN **** OFF""

if anybodies interested they are the esker glenn apartments on the dublin road in athlone

GOOD RIDDANCE

Advertisement