Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bmx???

• 25-11-2004 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

There are soooooo many skaters, but how many bmxers are there in comapison?
    I never see them anywhere. unless im with my friends, but skating seems to have taken over.
    Any bmxers out there at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Sasper

yeah, but in the streets on dublin city

there are less riders than skaters. you don't see them very often, you've said this yourself already so whats your point/problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

I'm a BMXer, but I only became one recently. But I guess dublin 15 isn't dublin city streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 booboo49

theres usually more skaters everywhere because its less dangerous and cheaper than BMXing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 zozimus

There aren't any facilities for BMXers in Ireland that I know of - right there is ramp city, but I mean good outdoor parks - or ideally a HUGE warehouse park so that the track is dry for a few days a year :-)

Dublin City Council will be building a sk8 park in Bushy Park in 2005 - perhaps we should all send letters to Seán Redmond and ask him to consider BMXers too. I really think that BMXing is making a big comeback.

bushy park park will be bike friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 themadman88m

Theres more work involved in bmxing that skate boarding. such as fixing bikes and building riding locations. Im in N.Ireland and there is very few gd parks so we built our own places and works out cheaper in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nmrd600

i used to go to ramp city a lot, but everyone was all older than me, twas intimidating. :p
    anyway, this bushy park place sounds good, looks like i'll be getting more into it now. anyone know of any trails around dublin? there used to be some in st. annes, but they got flattened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

im just starting biking again after a nearly two year break. there are more skaters than bikers but skating has died down a good bit lately, which is a good thing for skateboarding cos a lot of faggots used to have a board just cos it was cool at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Skank

a well shore all i can say is im a former moutain biker to be a bmxr just looks like more fun and i can go out sid emy house and have fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Lack of facilities has really but me off using my bmx, also im in the country and that doesnt help things anymore.
    I really must build a half pipe. Is this new park get thing one, i got and e-mail but to busy to give it a good read.

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭GoofySkater

why not check out ramp'n'rail on a monday night, they do bmx sessions there and its closed to all bladers and skaters. im pretty sure that they used to anyway but give em a call and find out 01 8377533.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

why not check out ramp'n'rail on a monday night, they do bmx sessions there and its closed to all bladers and skaters. im pretty sure that they used to anyway but give em a call and find out 01 8377533.

SKATING RULES HAHAHAHA :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I love bikes.. Any kind, but I'm planning on getting big into Bmxing cause it's handy to do it just outside your door. And I live right beside UCD :D Although they have mad strict rules about not allowing bmx's in.. I used a mountain bike for a while, just doing some pretty cool tricks such as my signiture 'indian' :D sit cross legged on the cross bar with your hand off the handles.. But my bike's in bits now and I'm thinking of getting a new one, so I could just get a bxm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

I am from Cork my website is www.rebelbmx.cjb.net :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

rebelbmx wrote:
    I am from Cork my website is www.rebelbmx.cjb.net :D
    although im a skater i know a good bit about bmxin and that website is so cool. who are the guys in this? they are pretty cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I am also from Cork you can see the same people from rebel bmx site on my site also http://www.freewebs.com/extremepix..bmx is starting to get known again if u like and its about time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

seems to me that cork has a good all round extreme sports scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

Cork BMX website www.rebelbmx.com :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 unitedbmxeire

skaters get in your ****in way at the skate park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

BMXERA GET IN MY FUXKING WAY WHEN I SKATE!!!!!1!!111!

Chill dude, everyone's there to have a good time. Don't ever let yourself be "that guy" at the skate park.
    And you could have started a new thread.

Advertisement