Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is NTL Broadband Capped on the upload?

• 25-11-2004 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

i only notice the other day when uploading a big file... i never go over 15/16 kb a second.

anyone know why ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

What NTL Service u got ?? The 750k or 1.5MB Or the low one ??

Heres you speeds and caps of all sorts...

http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/internet_cable.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i have the 750k

i should be getting alot quick uploads i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

750kbps download / 128kbps upload

is it 15 / 16 kbps (kilobits) or KBps (kilobytes) you are getting?

15 / 16 KBps x 8 = 120 / 128kbps

you are getting practically full upload speed

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

Yes you are getting full speed from your upload. You are using ADSL, Asymetric Digital Subscriber Line. These lines are used mainly for home users, where the download speed is far higher than the upload speed (ie. It's not good as a server). In fact most Broadband packages in Ireland are ADSL (eircom, ntl, esatbt etc...)

Irish Broadband Breeze packages are DSL, where the upload/download are the same (eg. 512/512 or 1024/1024).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

ahh thats crap.... way to slow..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Big P: fyi NTL uses cable, not adsl, dsl, or anything to do with phone lines for that matter. The line itself, however, is asymetrical, meaning that yes, his upload is slower than his download. When i was on the 750 (i'm on 1.5 meg now) max upload speeds i was getting were 13-15 kbps, and now that i'm on 1.5 it generally tends not to go over 30kbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

Achilles wrote:
    Big P: fyi NTL uses cable, not adsl, dsl, or anything to do with phone lines for that matter. The line itself, however, is asymetrical, meaning that yes, his upload is slower than his download. When i was on the 750 (i'm on 1.5 meg now) max upload speeds i was getting were 13-15 kbps, and now that i'm on 1.5 it generally tends not to go over 30kbps.
    Yeah, I was just being general! ;) The 1.5MB line has double the UP speed at 256KB/s. I sure would love some NTL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Advertisement