Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet cafe setup

Options
  • 25-11-2004 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Evening all,
    I am doing some research on the possibility of setting up an internet cafe. does anybody on this forum operate or own a netcafe. if so i would appreciate any information on their profitibility and whether it is possible to make a living operating one.
    any information about pitfalls or any warnings would also be appreciated.

thank you,
    mark

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

osheam4 wrote:
    Evening all,
    I am doing some research on the possibility of setting up an internet cafe. does anybody on this forum operate or own a netcafe. if so i would appreciate any information on their profitibility and whether it is possible to make a living operating one.
    any information about pitfalls or any warnings would also be appreciated.

thank you,
    mark

Few points here from a previous query might be of use to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Best of luck mate you will need it,Internet cafes are ten a penny thesedays, i was looking into opening one around the Phibsboro area about 5 years ago when there were NONE in that area,done my research,etc but dont you just know it i couldnt raise the capital and that was the end of that,now there are about 5 within 7 minutes walk of each other,im not trying to put a dampner of your idea but unless your planning on opening one in an area where there is a need for one i would reconsider as ive seen many new cafes open then close a couple of months later due to lack of business, the one that used to be around the corner from me closed recently,guy said he owed out a fortune and couldnt continue to run the business,i wish you luck all the same........ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Broadband and mobile phones have killed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would be very careful about this business. It's tough now. From talking to people in the trade, I think the trick is to have a very large operation which can be run cost-effectively.

Do not, repeat do not, try to combine a coffee and Internet business unless you are already experienced in one or the other.

a.

Advertisement