Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give yer opinion on this.....

Options
  • 03-12-2000 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

The Flaming Lips- The soft bulletin
    well any of ye know it? if ye do what do ye think? dont say its ****, if nothing else you have to say its like no other album you'll hear.Bizarre, and beautiful smile.gif, IMO.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Great album. The best lips stuff so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

yea tis very good alright
    ye have to be in the mood though sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

"Two scientists are racing for the cure that is the kind, both of them side by side, but their determined.Locked in heat of battle............"

Cool album in a strange way, very much a mood album. My fav song is i think number 4 which contains the lyrics "I stood up and said hey"

What do you think of Deserters songs by Mercury Rev. I ask cos i put these two bands on the same "mood band" level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

i like it. "holes" is a great song, as is "goddess...". and i love that riff in "funny bird". but i felt twas somewhat overrated,as i cant listen thru it all,the instrumentals are pure ****e,and there are some dodgy tracks on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yeah Deserters Songs was well overhyped when it came out by critics.. it just doesnt last that long on the table with the cd player if you know what i mean..
    its only good for personal listening.. its actually painful trying to have a conversation with that in the background.
    *whine* *screech* *whine*
    all that said though i quite like it but aint gonna take Spiritualized out of the player for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Spiritualized? I never really saw their talent to be honest. I purchased "ladies and gentlemen...." and though the title track and the likes of "come together" were top class the rest was a tuneless w@nkfest.

This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

[This message has been edited by bugler (edited 09-12-2000).]

Advertisement