Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Propellerheads

• 25-11-2004 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Hey. Could someone please help me?
    I'm not big into dance, I like some tunes but I don't know that much about it. What exactly are the band propellerheads classified as? I have a tape of the album with Take California and History Repeating on it. Any idea what its called as I want to get it on CD?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

CD

That album is just amazing, Just got it on vinyl the last day and its got so many sounds and beats on it. It would be very hard to say what type of music they play, its Electronic but with live drumming and instruments on most of the tracks, Its just very good music

This is everything they have ever been linked to:Link

sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Presume you're talking about Decksanddrumsandrockandroll? Hard to pidgeonhole, but it's a great CD one way or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Yeah that's it, Decksanddrumsandrockandroll.

I was kind of expecting that answer, 'hard to define' cause of the playing their own instruments and the decks and all.
    Thanks much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

that was like 1999 or something? does propellor heads still exist or what they doing now?

loved history repeating the original aswell... i never knew they played their own instruments
    what other groups do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

most would

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

they were part of the "big Beat" scene in the late 1990s, along with people like the wiseguy, chemical brothers, skint records, wall of sound records, fatboy slim and that so I guess you could call them "Big Beat" now all you need to do is figure out what "big Beat" is?

another option would be to call them "Breakbeat"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Again, not my area of expertise, but I like some of the chemical brothers and fatboy slim. But 'praise you' and the one that goes 'superstar dj!' get on my nerves. Yeah I can see the similarity.

Advertisement