Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placing varible in HTML which tells Flash to goto a specific frame?

Options
  • 25-11-2004 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm trying to tell a Flash movie to go to a specific frame from a HTML file.

I'm trying to do is:
    So the HTML page will load & flash will sees a variable in the HTML & jumps to frame (then the swf going to load a specific movie)

Has anyone done this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

You can embed variable values in the html for the page which holds the movie, using Flashvars, and then set up some actionscript to check for this variable and perform an action accord to the value.

Check here for a guide to using flashvars. Note that they need to be included twice in the html, once on the 'EMBED' tag, and once as part of the 'OBJECT' tag to cater for different browsers. They will also only work with flashplayer 6 and up, and may not work on all browsers.

If you want the movie to go to a specific frame, why not put a gotoAndPlay() action on the first frame of the movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

cheers impr0v

That's what I'm looking for.

gotoAndPlay() is no good to me - I have a movie that plays on the index page is then cached. On the second page I want to jumb past the 'into animation' bit in this first swf & on to a frame that loads a second swf in.

thanks again.

Hey impr0v,

In my HTML I have set:
    <param name="FlashVars" value="var1=about">

I can get the variable "about" into to the swf from the HTML as suggested by the article you posted. I can display the variable in the swf - all ok.

I wan to use this variable to send the movie to a frame called "about_frame".
    So I'm trying:

if (var1=about) {
    gotoAndPlay("about_frame");
    }

But its not working - how do I do this, were var1 is about, goto frame "about_frame".

Cheers

you need another '=' sign:
    if (var1==about) {
    }

line1_txt.text=var1;

if (var1==about) {
    }

na, not working - the variable is definity making it in because I can display it in a dynamic text item.

But it won't jump to that frame label. R U sure thats the correct Actionscript?

• Advertisement

sh1te don't know whats going wrong, even this won't work & the frame label is defined.

test = "12345";
    if (test == 12345) {
    gotoAndPlay("about-frame");
    }

This is placed on the first frame on the top row

Make sure the frame label is the exact same as the gotoAndPlay label, about_frame or about-frame.

Also, you'll need quotation marks around the 12345 in your if condition as you've defined it as a string.
    test="12345";
    if (test == "12345"){
    }

Advertisement