Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flimbos Quest?

• 25-11-2004 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

sorry bout this, mods. :(

but more people read A.H than the 'wanted' forum :o ... so here goes...

WHO HAS FLIMBOS QUEST??? the finest game ever made for commodore 64. actually, make that the finest game made ever :D . need it before xmas. moneys waiting. do something nice for xmas and help me out. please.

P.S
    Advertising
    - Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and locked. If you wish to buy add space, contact advert@boards.ie .
    this aint an ad. more a cry for help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

my ****ing god what an amazing game
    i had it on a cartridge with fiendish freddys circus and a football all together
    ill see if i can still find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

http://www.retrology.com/menuc64.htm

Maybe this guy still has it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i remember that! flimbo's quest was the only game i played, the football sucked and klax was boring, the circus wasn't too interesting either.
    then we advanced to the tapes which took FOREVER to load.
    amazing how quickly technology advances now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

I have that cartridge somewhere, haven't a notion where it could be buried though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

I have that cartridge somewhere, haven't a notion where it could be buried though

look...please. ya might aswell make a couple quid from it.
    and i can't get that damn klax noise outta me head now. i'll be makin those stupid noises for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Loved that game.. hell the music was cool too!!!!
    Anyone ever play the last game (i think) for the C64? It was Mayhem in monsterland and had graphics like a console.. it proved the C64 was capable of more if the programming was good enough...

My fave was creatures 1 & 2

http://www.c64.com/

Anyway im sure it can be found here

just downloaded it along with a emulator http://www.computerbrains.com/
    and managed to load it!! yay!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

BOOOO Mayhem in Monsterland really upset me, because it was mail order only and I asked for it from Santy and found it when it was delivered! The final game was a bit of a let down too because Commodore Format(I think that was the one I read most) had hyped it no end and I had 3 quarters of the game in demo form from their cover tapes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

i only had cover tapes too... :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I despised flimbo's quest. I think it's still in my parents' house in Ireland (Amiga 500 floppy version). I can ask, though it would be a very weird request :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have it in my attic. Found it last week. Its the tape version. However I won't be selling it.

Flimbos Quest pales in comparison of the mighty mario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'm sure I have Flimbo on Tape somewhere. That's right, TAPE. None of your fancy-dan cartridge stuff for me.

I could probably dig it out, if it's still there that is. Might have given it away years ago.

I don't suppose the emulated version would do you?

Advertisement