Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fitz 270 Freezeout

Options
  • 25-11-2004 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

Spent 3 hours qualifying in the freeroll and eventually won a ticket for a tournament that lasted only 25 mins for me. Top 2 pair Aces and Kings ran into trip 8's. It's a funny old game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

thats terrible, really is......... hard luck

p.s. hahhahahhahahahahhahahah
    its a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I wasn't actually that pissed off, it is a great game ain't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Tough hand to go out on, doesn't look like there was anything you could do.

Anyone out there know who took home the money? How many played? (Missed this game... again :mad: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

thats rough, hard luck davey

yeah it's the greatest game though

that freeroll was pretty crazy, even for freerolls!
    which seat were you on the final table?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Was in seat 4/5 wearing the grey coloured jacket, I agree tough freeroll - some fairly solid play for once.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

it was a strange one alright, that final table would still be going on if we didn't split it between the 5 of us. I was pretty happy with me €232 credits though. Couldn't play last night but looking forward to the December one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Was in seat 4/5 wearing the grey coloured jacket, I agree tough freeroll - some fairly solid play for once.

Maybe the final table was Davey but I'm afraid the rest was as bad as usual. At the first table I was at (with you) one guy calls an all in with A high and hits runner runner club for his flush. Then moved to another table where one guy wants everyone to deal for themselves rather than Luke dealing all the time. Its the second time he's done that, last time he didn't want Marq dealing, although I can understand that :D

Then one player took an age to decide on whether to call the BB or not, so I smelled weakness and reraised all in. He called like a flash with Q5o and quickly sent me packing.

We did have a good STT though which P Hicks won. As per usual I got most of my money back on the roulette (def playing the wrong game).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ROBBO7

played that freeroll last night and it drove me mad hopping from table to table..first table i was at and the all ins were A 5 etc and not much else..second table completely different..have to say i was all over the place..went all in with JQ suited and met AK suited!!.first time playing in that freeroll and probably last time..i was also at that table where the guy insisted that there couldn't be one dealer..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I really can't understand why people insist on everyone dealing for themselves. The person offering to deal is doin themselves a disservice. on top of that, it's extremely annoying when the table deals for itself. I reckon the hands per hour are reduced by at least 35-40%, and on some tables i've been on, far more than that.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah it annoys me so much I usually offer to deal even though I know it can affect my play. It affects it less then if I have to sit there getting 7 hands an hour!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Won my ticket in a €30 STT, flopped 2 houses, and got paid on both.
    Playing the €270 game, was upstairs at table six, on a table with HectorJelly, roy the boy, and a few other familiars and some unknowns.
    Hit a house, on the flop got paid.
    Hit a straight on the river, but the guy had hit a runner runner flush.
    Tried to steal, board paired again and I eventually was playing the board, had to fold my 33 to HJ's river bet.
    Got frustrated and tilty, limped with K8 hearts in the SB, flop came J 10 x with 2 hearts, I bet all-in on the flush draw, J10 on the button calls and fills his house on the turn.

At least I got my dinner.

How did you get on HJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

lafortezza wrote:
    Won my ticket in a €30 STT, flopped 2 houses, and got paid on both.
    Playing the €270 game, was upstairs at table six, on a table with HectorJelly, roy the boy, and a few other familiars and some unknowns.
    Hit a house, on the flop got paid.
    Hit a straight on the river, but the guy had hit a runner runner flush.
    Tried to steal, board paired again and I eventually was playing the board, had to fold my 33 to HJ's river bet.
    Got frustrated and tilty, limped with K8 hearts in the SB, flop came J 10 x with 2 hearts, I bet all-in on the flush draw, J10 on the button calls and fills his house on the turn.

At least I got my dinner.

How did you get on HJ?

My AA ran into Q8 suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Alright Tom and lads, how u doing?

The reason I like to deal in the free and cheap tourneys is because it breaks my heart and soul to see internet players turn up and not know how to shuffle a deck of cards. It absolutely destroys me and I start going all in on jack8 just to relieve the stress and boredom!

There ought to be a law and those who can't shuffle - have u no shame!

Another reason is because I tend to watch other people shuffle and it's impossible not to spot a couple of cards falling and being shuffled to mid or back of the pack and thats a massive advantage to me - not that I need it!
    So you're right to say I'm doing myself a disservice by shuffling but all I'm trying to do is keep the playing field level. So next time that character refuses a dealer explain to him why he's a moron.

Good luck at the tables and well done Tom and others on a great forum site.

Des

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

My AA ran into Q8 suited.
    Unlucky going out on a coin toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Yeah you really have to win those 50/50's

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well, they were suited...

DeV.

Advertisement