Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster v Glasgow

• 26-11-2004 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody goin to the game tomorrow? I'll be heading a long and wondered if anyone fancied a prematch pint!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

with desperate inevitabilty I'm heading tonight. Have the car though so I'll sip a coke!! I'll bell you later when I know what time I'll make it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

uberwolf wrote:
    with desperate inevitabilty I'm heading tonight. Have the car though so I'll sip a coke!! I'll bell you later when I know what time I'll make it?

grand. Team is a bit of a strange one....Lewis on the wing, Hewitt at fullback again....

Leinster:

15: David Hewitt
    14: Kieran Lewis
    13: Christian Warner
    12: David Quinlan
    11: Gary Brown
    10: David Holwell
    9: Brian O’Meara

1: Emmett Byrne
    2: David Blaney
    3: Ricky Nebbett
    4: Leo Cullen (Captain)
    5: Ben Gissing
    6: Ciaran Potts
    7: Shane Jennings
    8: Des Dillon

Replacements:

16: John Lyne
    17: Gavin Hickie
    18: Aidan McCullen
    19: Niall Ronan
    20: Brian O'Riordan
    21: James Norton
    22: John McWeeney

Leinster exploded at the start of this game and scored two quick tries but then did nothing or note till the last 10 mins of game when they got another.....some good performances, some middling and some just ok....final score 22-16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote:

I would love too but i'm heading to Liverpool to see my girlfriend....haven't been to a munster game in Munster for a good while....

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote:

European Cup final......see ya in Murrayfield :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

OOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Mouth watering prospect.
    Leinster V Munster in both Finals :D

Could one of them do the Double :confused:

Nukem wrote:
    OOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Mouth watering prospect.
    Leinster V Munster in both Finals :D

Could one of them do the Double :confused:

Have to say i would laugh my arse off if that happened..... :D

Could you imagine the crowd.What a laugh that would be :D
    Murrayfield full to the rafters with Irish :)

Brings a tear to the eye ;)

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote:

would those be full strength teams playing?!?

uberwolf wrote:
    would those be full strength teams playing?!?

Don't think so.....EOS always holds a training camp around this time..... :mad:

I dunno.Wasn't it last year Munster had a full team out,ya remember ROG was hurt in the final,but knowing EOS and the way training camps are going id say he'll have one at that time.Still dont think it would make that much of a dent on the match as the teams are really strong with/out the internationals.

Nukem wrote:
    Still dont think it would make that much of a dent on the match as the teams are really strong with/out the internationals.

easy knowing someone wasn't in donnybrook lst night ;)

uberwolf wrote:
    easy knowing someone wasn't in donnybrook lst night ;)

No was workin late.Were they that bad :eek:

nah they were grand, but a lot of sloppy line out play. The ball, when it got to the wings, was getting there too quickly so there was no streching.

Lost their concentration for a good 1/2 hr in teh 2nd half as well. They shoulda been out of sight, instead of which myself and ruggiebear ended up watching teh clock waiting for glasgow to run out of time.

I watch the clock from the kick off...i'll have you know..... :D

Seeing as yourself and Ruggie are huge Leinster fans.Any chance ye know exactly when D'arcy is back

Nukem wrote:
    Seeing as yourself and Ruggie are huge Leinster fans.Any chance ye know exactly when D'arcy is back

well there were rumours that he'd be back for Bougoin......but i think that's unlikely coz i've also heard rumours that he snapped his groin muscle which means a time period of months rather than weeks when we'll be seeing him play again.....so to truthfully answer your question.....I don't know!!! :p

Cr*p Cr*p Cr*p

Ye might have noticed(In other threads) not a Dempsey Fan at all and D'arcy would solve all the problems.But Cr*p again we could really use him in the Ire setup ASAP.He needs match practise also.If ye here anything post it please.

• Advertisement

Will do but i'm not exactly in the loop :D

daveirl wrote:

Oh i haven't missed a leinster home game yet this season.....i'll watch our u/21's go out and get stuffed by Borders if i have to....still it would be nice to see the firsts actually play in Donnybrook....tis the homeground and some of them have barely played there this season....

daveirl wrote:

Chuckle Chuckle
    Thats it Dave let em have it. Go on my son! ;)

Nukem wrote:
    Chuckle Chuckle
    Thats it Dave let em have it. Go on my son! ;)

Still the want to be careful not to alienate the paying masses to much....

RuggieBear wrote:
    Still the want to be careful not to alienate the paying masses to much....

Oh yes of course :p

you've touched on an irk of mine there actually. Season ticket holders should have first dibs on International matches. Not as for todays - me relying on finding some corporate tickets only because the chap had to take them to remain on the list for the 6 nations junkets :mad:

Yeah but you know what would happen.....there would be huge uptake of season tickets but none of them would go to the games....instead using the season ticket soley to get at the international ticket allocation....

• Advertisement

Have to agree from an outsiders point of view.(not a season ticket holder)
    Try to make it to as many matches as possible,handy that i live in Lime and Cork but ye are dead right a bit of loyalty to the average rugby goer would be nice.

Now i know your gonna hate this but iv been offered tickets fo the US and todays match twice all because of who i know and where they work.
    And what kills me is i usually have to decline.Up the walls in work :mad:

Yeah it's annoying alright....gonna get worse tho when the stadium is rebuilt and all seater.....means the fairweather muppets won't have to stand anymore (which seemingly is a big turn off for women and corporates) ;)

Them and there sandwiches.....................Cough :p

Hate that,its a fad,rugby gets popular and now everyone is like "ya im the biggest fan ever" then ask them how long they've been following it and try not to clatter them :mad:

Nukem wrote:
    Them and there sandwiches.....................Cough :p

Hate that,its a fad,rugby gets popular and now everyone is like "ya im the biggest fan ever" then ask them how long they've been following it and try not to clatter them :mad:

Well you see....without wishing to annoy any real Munster fans out there.....i've been to Thomand Park for an interpro and there were only about 600-1000 people there....so personally, i think a good bit of the red army is a bunch of success chasing band wagon supporters. Having said that the counter argument is that although alot of the fans are new doesn't mean they aren't as passionate about their team as i am about mine.....

• Advertisement

Annoy away dude but hope this clears it up Celtic league attendance

RuggieBear wrote:
    Well you see....without wishing to annoy any real Munster fans out there.....i've been to Thomand Park for an interpro and there were only about 600-1000 people there....so personally, i think a good bit of the red army is a bunch of success chasing band wagon supporters. Having said that the counter argument is that although alot of the fans are new doesn't mean they aren't as passionate about their team as i am about mine.....

you risk elitism without that last sentence! - which TBH is earned from what I know of you.

Why should people like you (RB) and myself with our season tickets to watch reserve team rugby not have first refusal on 6 nations games?

Cos TBH I'm more likely to see half of the Leinster team in green then in blue this season - If I could get to the games. In fact there (with friendles) will be more Irish games than Leinster Heino games this season.

Nukem wrote:
    Annoy away dude but hope this clears it up Celtic league attendance

Sorry mate.....i was talking about a interpro between Leinster and Munster about a decade ago....(god i'm getting old). Just you hear all bout how good the Munster support has alway's been....when it's not true~!:)

TBH i reckon that Leinster attendence figure for last night is BS....didn't seem that busy...but you never know.... In the Celtic league we really need to be hitting 7k+ every match...

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote:

Aye...how many real munster fans couldn't get to the Wasps Semi last season....i would have liked to have gone...but i felt i'd have been cheating some red fans from tickets they much more deserved than me:)
    uberwolf wrote:
    Cos TBH I'm more likely to see half of the Leinster team in green then in blue this season - If I could get to the games. In fact there (with friendles) will be more Irish games than Leinster Heino games this season.

Sadly... a very distinct possibility. but i'm still dreaming of the HC final...actually just thinking about it....i think i've been to 4 finals including the last three.... Ulster colomier and then Munster Leicester, Tolouse perpingnan, wasps tolouse. that sound right?

Sorry about that RG misunderstood the statment.
    Ya your dead right the interpros were well poor on attendance

Nukem wrote:
    Sorry about that RG misunderstood the statment.
    Ya your dead right the interpros were well poor on attendance

no worries.....just some mud i like to throw the way of Red fans every now and again....usually when they're ripping about Leinster fans!!!! :D

RuggieBear wrote:
    no worries.....just some mud i like to throw the way of Red fans every now and again....usually when they're ripping about Leinster fans!!!! :D

If this is the case then how is it Leinster are so far behind on atmosphere

/those lunatics with bodhrans not withstanding ;)

RuggieBear wrote:

What i say bout Leinster fans :confused:

Nukem wrote:

in general... look at the bigger picture here :)

Nukem wrote:

Nothing......i was just getting at the new Munster fans who slag Leinster. Afraid you are just an innocent bystander!!!! :p

But i'll defo admit to their being a quiet atmosphere at Leinster Games sometimes....maybe we should start singing "there is an Isle"..... :D

Ok Ok.Lets just say it was poor before and that its getting better and its making rugby a better place :D

Nukem wrote:
    Ok Ok.Lets just say it was poor before and that its getting better and its making rugby a better place :D

indeed

• Advertisement
Advertisement