Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heartbreaking...

Options
  • 16-12-2000 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

For some reason i stayed in tonight and for a stranger reason i was watching the Late Late show with pat, and then he announced that Shane McGowan and his ma were gonna play right now...
    Did anyone see it?
    It was all...i dunno, you know the way it is with your ma and all, they sang Fairytale in New York together.
    it was funny too though, cos shane was (surprise surprise) ****ed and messed up a bit, but i still cant wait till tomorrow, im gonna go see them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Macgowan is usually a distressing site,and seeing him with his mother just exacerbates it.he cant have too many more years left in him...see him while u can,apparently he was in flying form(by his standards i suppose) on his recent US tour, enjoy.

This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

[This message has been edited by bugler (edited 16-12-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

i did enjoy it. smile.gif
    on stage he was just stumbling around and everything, but he was still not as bad as stories that i have heard about him.
    He turned up 2 hours late, but nobody cared, i have never been at a gig where people went so crazy for just one person, even at the back of the Olympia, people were jumping around and dancing.
    He ended with a loud THUD as he threw the microphone over and walked offstage, then the whole place went nuts and just kept chanting his name.
    After about 5 minutes he turned up again and sang a few Pogues songs, Streams of Whiskey and something else, then his ma came out and they sang Fairytale in New York together, after that his ma said happy christmas in irish and then that was it.
    He played afterwards in Eamonn Dorans, it was £7 in, but i didnt know about it frown.gif
    Still, it was a cool night out

Advertisement