Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any advice?

• 26-11-2004 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Dear Technical Support,

About 18 months ago, I upgraded to GirlFriend 1.0 from DrinkingMates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble.

However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to try and run GirlFriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.

To make matters worse, GirlFriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other applications, such as BoysNight Out 3.1, Football 4.5, FlashCar 2.5 and Playboy 6.9. Successive versions of GirlFriend proved no better.

I tried a shareware program, Slapper 2.1, but it had many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks.

Eventually, I tried to run GirlFriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems detected each other, they caused severe damage to my hardware.

I eventually upgraded to Fiancée 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded further to Wife 1.0.

While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSexPlus and CleanHouse 2004.

Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 could be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them. Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and E-mail Filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and Whinge. These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is.

Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring Shoe Shop Browser for new attachments and HairstyleExpress which needs to be reinstalled every three weeks. Wife 1.0 also spawns unwelcome child processes that are a heavy drain on my resources.

Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Mercedes SLK hard drive, it often crashes.

Wife 1.0 also comes with an irritating pop-up called Mother-In-Law, which can't be turned off.

Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2004, but there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2004, it tends to delete all of your Money before uninstalling itself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Hehe very good! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

That should be in humour. Actually I think it's already there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Lol thats very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

A y2k joke might be a good bit more recent, that jokes been around for so many years it hurts to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

*yawn* this should be in humour!!! it was funny the first few times but its after loosing it humour!!! sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭shellspeare

sorry guys my mistake, i didnt realise there was a humour forum

do now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

hehe brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I have had similar problems, which also started when I got Girlfriend 1.0. I tried turning down the volume as recommended by other users, but Girlfriend 1.0 often reciprocated by not working although eventually coming back online and slowly returning to normal. Having tried several versions of Girlfriend, many having very eyecatching packaging but still similar problems, I finally found that Girlfriend 7.0 worked quite well. Encouraged by this and with constant pop-ups asking me to do so, I too eventually upgraded to Fiancée 1.0.

Big mistake, as I eventiually had to get Wife 1.0. The installation process was exhaustive and I was unable to use any other programs for some time, with the exception of a dumbed down version of DrinkingMates 4.2 known as Bestman 1.0. I did get a very good variation of BoysNightOut called StagNight 2.4, but I was only able to use it once, though it worked very well. It was one of the best pieces of software I ever used, though it did cause memory problems afterward and also had a few negative problems at the latter stages of use, that no one informed me about and which came as a complete shock. Still, it was worth these hassles.

I had the problems in Wife 1.0 with Whinge and TurboStrop, but I did tackle them. This proved a long and arduous process and while I got lucky and discovered the source of some of the problems, others proved very difficult and I still have no idea what caused some of them. However, using Wife 1.0 carefully, without putting too much stress on it, seemed to alleviate the problem, though it often took a long time before it was back working at a normal rate.

It has also some errors in storage and security. Data that I have entered and which Wife 1.0 is meant to keep secure, I have later found to have been sent across the network of other Wife 1.0 systems. I think there is a connection between this problem and a networking process called GirlsNightOut 3.3, which Wife 1.0 has to run regularly. I have tried to stop it running but Wife 1.0 reacted badly so I decided it was best to leave it alone and let it run. I have been careful with data that I have installed. However GirlsNighOut 3.3 has resulted in me recieving some very interesting data, some of which has proved useful. Unfortunately you have to wade through loads of useless and seemingly irrelevant data to find these bits and doing so is not optional.

I also had to install Shoe Shop Browser for new attachments and HairstyleExpress. Wife 1.0 has also nearly emptied my bank account and put my credit account seriously into the red when running these. A program called Sales 2.2 which runs several times a year has proved particularly draining. What is more confusing is that Wife 1.0 often uses these attachments only once and then they are put into storage and not used again. I have also heard that if anyones copy of Wife 1.0 uses identical copies of these plugins to another one while networking, it can cause major problems. Nagware has been a constant problem too.

About a year after installing Wife 1.0, it had a major crash and I had to install Chocolates 2.2 and Flowers 4.1 to solve the problem. However this problem re-occurred in mid-February but I solved it with the same two pieces of software and Meal 6.8. A similar problem occurs at one other point in the year. My firiends that also run Wife 1.0 have reported similar problems once a year but all at different points in the year. One friend told us that he had installed Diamond 1.4 and that he found Wife 1.0 worked exceptionally well for some time after. Unfortunately I could not afford to buy this and my friend was unable to give me a copy.

Wife 1.0 came with a large amount of games, but unfortunately most had no user instructions and were not safe to use, often resulting in other programs not working. I have managed to learn to play some of these games with trial and error and have achieved some high scores and found some of the other systems work better when I did, so I at least try and play them, though many remain a complete mystery.

I also considered getting Mistress 2004. I got similar warnings and I have also been warned that even after Wife 1.0 has unistalled itself and Mistress 2004 has been installed, it has an upgrade known as Wife 2.0 which has similar bugs to Wife 1.0.

While Wife 1.0 comes with a lifetime guarantee and has some nice features, though many are getting more outdated, it does require constant maintenance and reacts badly to requests if this is not done. I have considered trying to get a copy of my old reliable DrinkingMates 4.2 but I am told that it is no longer available. If any of you are running it still, stick with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rattlor

Flukey wrote:
    I have had similar problems, which also started when I got Girlfriend 1.0. I tried turning down the volume as recommended by other users, but Girlfriend 1.0 often reciprocated by not working although eventually coming back online and slowly returning to normal. Having tried several versions of Girlfriend, many having very eyecatching packaging but still similar problems, I finally found that Girlfriend 7.0 worked quite well. Encouraged by this and with constant pop-ups asking me to do so, I too eventually upgraded to Fiancée 1.0.

Big mistake, as I eventiually had to get Wife 1.0. The installation process was exhaustive and I was unable to use any other programs for some time, with the exception of a dumbed down version of DrinkingMates 4.2 known as Bestman 1.0. I did get a very good variation of BoysNightOut called StagNight 2.4, but I was only able to use it once, though it worked very well. It was one of the best pieces of software I ever used, though it did cause memory problems afterward and also had a few negative problems at the latter stages of use, that no one informed me about and which came as a complete shock. Still, it was worth these hassles.

I had the problems in Wife 1.0 with Whinge and TurboStrop, but I did tackle them. This proved a long and arduous process and while I got lucky and discovered the source of some of the problems, others proved very difficult and I still have no idea what caused some of them. However, using Wife 1.0 carefully, without putting too much stress on it, seemed to alleviate the problem, though it often took a long time before it was back working at a normal rate.

It has also some errors in storage and security. Data that I have entered and which Wife 1.0 is meant to keep secure, I have later found to have been sent across the network of other Wife 1.0 systems. I think there is a connection between this problem and a networking process called GirlsNightOut 3.3, which Wife 1.0 has to run regularly. I have tried to stop it running but Wife 1.0 reacted badly so I decided it was best to leave it alone and let it run. I have been careful with data that I have installed. However GirlsNighOut 3.3 has resulted in me recieving some very interesting data, some of which has proved useful. Unfortunately you have to wade through loads of useless and seemingly irrelevant data to find these bits and doing so is not optional.

I also had to install Shoe Shop Browser for new attachments and HairstyleExpress. Wife 1.0 has also nearly emptied my bank account and put my credit account seriously into the red when running these. A program called Sales 2.2 which runs several times a year has proved particularly draining. What is more confusing is that Wife 1.0 often uses these attachments only once and then they are put into storage and not used again. I have also heard that if anyones copy of Wife 1.0 uses identical copies of these plugins to another one while networking, it can cause major problems. Nagware has been a constant problem too.

About a year after installing Wife 1.0, it had a major crash and I had to install Chocolates 2.2 and Flowers 4.1 to solve the problem. However this problem re-occurred in mid-February but I solved it with the same two pieces of software and Meal 6.8. A similar problem occurs at one other point in the year. My firiends that also run Wife 1.0 have reported similar problems once a year but all at different points in the year. One friend told us that he had installed Diamond 1.4 and that he found Wife 1.0 worked exceptionally well for some time after. Unfortunately I could not afford to buy this and my friend was unable to give me a copy.

Wife 1.0 came with a large amount of games, but unfortunately most had no user instructions and were not safe to use, often resulting in other programs not working. I have managed to learn to play some of these games with trial and error and have achieved some high scores and found some of the other systems work better when I did, so I at least try and play them, though many remain a complete mystery.

I also considered getting Mistress 2004. I got similar warnings and I have also been warned that even after Wife 1.0 has unistalled itself and Mistress 2004 has been installed, it has an upgrade known as Wife 2.0 which has similar bugs to Wife 1.0.

While Wife 1.0 comes with a lifetime guarantee and has some nice features, though many are getting more outdated, it does require constant maintenance and reacts badly to requests if this is not done. I have considered trying to get a copy of my old reliable DrinkingMates 4.2 but I am told that it is no longer available. If any of you are running it still, stick with it.
    Yawn. Nice try....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Upgraded Wife 1.0 from 34C to 34DD. It was her idea. She since found out that Xgf 3.11 had a similar upgrade and now thinks I "planted" the idea.

Should this be in personal issues :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement