Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Payments

Options
  • 26-11-2004 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a quicker way where you pay money off your credit card and it might show on your account that day?is this possible?Im with MBNA and the Post Office seems to be the quickest method of payment yet that takes 2 days, i cant always get to the PO either and mostly use 24 hour online/banking and that takes even longer..its a bit frustrating when you need cash on your card immediately to book flights,etc.... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

No, I dont think same day is possible, I have a BOI credit card and current account and its not possible with them even though they are the same bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Horeb

Even if you were an AIB Customer and had an AIB Credit card it takes a minimum of 2 day to show up, eventhough they all use the SWIFT system for Banking, which in Theory is instantenous :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

yeah.. but have anyone noticed that it is taken out of your bank account immediatly!!!!
    So.. where is our money for those two days????
    the truth is out there! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Even though SWIFT is instant, it probably takes a while for MBNA to update their payment records for each individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

eth0_ wrote:
    Even though SWIFT is instant, it probably takes a while for MBNA to update their payment records for each individual.
    Yes 1.428 seconds. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

gubby wrote:
    yeah.. but have anyone noticed that it is taken out of your bank account immediatly!!!!
    So.. where is our money for those two days????
    the truth is out there! :mad:

Good point that..personally i think its silly,surely in this day and age when you pay money off your credit card it should take no longer than a couple of hours to show up on your credit card account..maybe someone who works for a credit card company would care to explain the process, and if there is any chance in the future of things changing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

If your credit card and current account are with the same bank, you should be able to do a same-day transfer. I'm with NIB - In the old days of telephone banking, when I set up my NIB credit card as just another payee, it was taking 3 days. I then found out they had a 'funds transfer' option which allowed me to transfer the funds same day to my cc account. It is the same with their online banking facility now - the funds transfer makes same-day payments to my cc account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I can pay my AIB CC through 24 hour banking, takes 1 day. MBNA always took 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

MBNA can take weeks to post the money to your account, or in my case, sometimes not at all, until you remind them to look for it.

Advertisement