Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toy Show!!!

• 26-11-2004 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

ya the toy show is on tonight yippee

althoguh saying that its kinda crap with pat kenny doing it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I think Pat Kenny's better at doing the toy show, Gay Byrne had too many singers and dancers on and feck all toys, Where as Pat concentrates on the Toys mainly and some well known Pops acts from across the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

yeah but didn't Pat ban Dustin from the Toy Show cos he took the piss out of him too much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

yom 1 wrote:
    yeah but didn't Pat ban Dustin from the Toy Show cos he took the piss out of him too much?
    Not "ban" him exactly, but he made it known that he would be very unhappy if Dustin appeared. Pat is a very fragile piece of cardboard. He has a big ego, thinks he's the dogs, but if he received the kind of roasting that no doubt Dustin would give him, he couldn't take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Tonight= Sitting down watching the toy show with a 6 Pack, a bag of nachos and some hot salsa dip. Ah happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

seamus wrote:
    thinks he's the dogs, but if he received the kind of roasting that no doubt Dustin would give him, he couldn't take it.

That's very true but as far as I'm concerned the Toy Show isn't the toy show without Dustin

Still I know i'll be watchin it regardless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

working tonight but you can bet your ass ill have it on the plasmas in the pub!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

HA HA!

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Why doesn't Dustin or Podge and Rodge have chatshows of their own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

The Toy Show followed by Mad Max 2, then up for work at 8am til' 8pm and the same the next day, I am well and truly living the dream. Still the toy show should be fun :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

How hard is it to get tickets for the toyshow?
    the nephew is asking to go..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Imposter wrote:
    Why doesn't Dustin or Podge and Rodge have chatshows of their own?

Brill idea...would love to see Podge & Rodge doing interviews with guests...but would anyone wanna appear on their interview show?? Can you imagine the roasting they would get...!! Great idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Lenny wrote:
    How hard is it to get tickets for the toyshow?
    the nephew is asking to go..
    If you apply now, you might get a pair of tickets....for 2006. Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

In 1995, my school choir sang at the very end of the toy show, so we got to hang around until 11 pm and sing. Gay Byrne though was pretty rude and ignored the audience and the kids when the ad breaks were on. I asked him for an autograph for my granny and he just snapped "No, I'm busy." The ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

The only toy show on any TV channel to be presented by a wooden doll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

seamus wrote:
    If you apply now, you might get a pair of tickets....for 2006. Seriously.
    where do u get them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

seamus wrote:
    Not "ban" him exactly, but he made it known that he would be very unhappy if Dustin appeared. Pat is a very fragile piece of cardboard. He has a big ego, thinks he's the dogs, but if he received the kind of roasting that no doubt Dustin would give him, he couldn't take it.
    Kenny's a prick tbh. He doesn't let anyone do anything that hasn't been rehearesed and pre-planned, for fear of actually having to *shock* IMPROVISE ON LIVE TELEVISION!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Kenny is a plank full stop. I like the idea of him being roasted by Dustin and Podge and Rodge, now that would be good post water shed television.

Looking forward to the toy show the whole family sit down and watch it, It also signals the turn on of the christmas lights in the Muppet household. Much too early I grant you but I,m told its tradition at this stage and I,m out numbered 5 to 1

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Pat Kenny sucks ass :/

ooh 2 1/2 more hours the count down has begun!!! :)

you could try here lenny but theres nothing about the toy show there :(
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/tickets.html im going to try email them here info@rte.ie to see if they can help with tickets for the toy show!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

you do know the toy show is on now and the chances of gettin a ticket are slim to none:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Just saw a kids band singing The Darkness (who are ****e BTW) and my ears nearly bled.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Aw come on, they were only like 10 years old or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Yeah, yer man was fairly alright for a ten year old with the guitar being double his size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

God Pat Kenny is getting fat!

I was in physical pain when I heard the Darkness band play. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Pat Kenny is a twat
    embee wrote:
    In 1995, my school choir sang at the very end of the toy show, so we got to hang around until 11 pm and sing. Gay Byrne though was pretty rude and ignored the audience and the kids when the ad breaks were on. I asked him for an autograph for my granny and he just snapped "No, I'm busy." The ****.

He lives quite near me. Want me to go egg his house for you?

Yeah, winters :) Can I come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

embee wrote:
    In 1995, my school choir sang at the very end of the toy show...

I think I may hate you with a fiery passion. Sorry...

Why?!

Aah come on dude, I was 14 and attendance was compulsory. Got the day off school though, which was class.

• Advertisement

Well....All right... But if you suddenly break into a cheesy song and dance routine you're back on the list...

Hey.... we weren't like those Billy Barry kids at all. We sang a lovely rendition of O Holy Night and stood still throughout.

Ach, speak not the name of the Cursed Ones!

Anyway, Pat Kenny has murdered the Toy Show. Gaybo may be a bastard, but he made the damn show entertaining.

\0/ dustin made an appearence it was a load of bollix though pat kenny should be shot with his own sh!t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

woosaysdan wrote:
    \0/ dustin made an appearence it was a load of bollix though pat kenny should be shot with his own sh!t

Ah did he, I missed it. Was Dustin any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

tsk. Dustin has been on it every time Pat's been on it.
    however hes not as funny/crude as he used to be, he shud start slaggin off that new guy who ppl hate on here, ryan tubridy, to bring a bit of amusement to it all.

Pat the robot as my dad calls him. Was funny laughing at him and his n0b end antics, esp while on the hovercraft "It doesnt work on cold surfaces" .. No pat, you ran up onto some wooden blocks painted green u fool..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Zoton

embee wrote:
    I'll set my dog on him for you. he lives nearby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Was it just me....or were there no billy barry kids at all this year?!!!!!!

i want a dancing army of robots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

embee wrote:
    Hey.... we weren't like those Billy Barry kids at all. We sang a lovely rendition of O Holy Night and stood still throughout.
    Ha, scary as it may seem, I think I remember that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

Not everyone hates Ryan Tubridy **PinkChick looks around at everyone for support **! I like him and think he is very funny. He would be much better at the Toy Show than Pat Kenny! In fact anyone would be better than Pat Kenny - he doesn't even show that he is enjoying himself, or at least pretend he is. He cuts the children off mid -sentence and I don't think he is very good with children!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

My fav bits from the toy show:
    1. Pat says " But you can have lots of fun with barbie, you can take off all her clothes...."
    2. Pat holds up a giant Bratz doll and the little girls' eyes widen like saucers, the then promptly ushers them off the stage.
    3. The girl makes the snowdome of pat with a giant pink thing in his hands.
    4.everytime something went wrong, like when the bouncy castle wouldm't inflate.
    Of course nothing will beat last year when he asked the little blind boy did the brail book have lots of nice pictures in it. Jesus h christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think Pat is much better with kids than Gay ever was. Gay was always so patronising to the kids... actually Gay was patronising to everyone...

But in general Pat is a bit dull when it comes to the Late Late Show.

How come Pat was so taken with those perfect hubby and wife dolls? He wouldn't put the things down....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Nasty_Girl wrote:
    3. The girl makes the snowdome of pat with a giant pink thing in his hands.
    I noticed that, pretty dodgy alright... Did you notice the condition those Cork kids had brought those toys onto the show on? The woodwork thing was broken and Snowglobe's box was in bits.... And the little prat wouldn't stop trying to plug things, like the local toyshop... Worst kids of the evening...

The girl from Clare Hall was a bit too much.. but mainly because she was trying too hard... but she gets top marks for tattooing pat with a the symbol for a ladies loo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

I thought Pat was going to crap himself when she told him it'd be there for 2 weeks.....

She was ok for the 1st 5 mins but after that she got a bit too sure of herself.

I thought the Cork kids were gas...especially when the showed the 'Pat' snowglobe. Class!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 r00sevelt

Ah Pat - getting more and more like the king of chat - Mr Partridge - every time i see you..

especially on a hovercraft..

Advertisement