Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who make the best ATi/Nvidia cards?

Options
  • 26-11-2004 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Just wondering which manufacturers make the best quality cards, I know that ASUS and MSI are good but who is the best? And probably more importantly who don’t make quality cards?

Anyone know if Sapphire makes good quality cards?

Note that im not trying to start a war between ATi and Nvidia lovers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Sapphire are great, from my experience selling them we never get any back, MSI and Asus the same. The nvidia one to watch out for is Galaxy. Iv a 6800GT and its my second one.. a friend of mine has gone through 3. Great card but half of them go gammy after a week.

I would also personally steer clear of XFX, CLUB3D, and you couldnt give me a PNY card for free.

My all time favourite would be Creative, its a shame they dont make them anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Xithus wrote:
    Sapphire are great, from my experience selling them we never get any back, MSI and Asus the same. The nvidia one to watch out for is Galaxy. Iv a 6800GT and its my second one.. a friend of mine has gone through 3. Great card but half of them go gammy after a week.

I would also personally steer clear of XFX, CLUB3D, and you couldnt give me a PNY card for free.

My all time favourite would be Creative, its a shame they dont make them anymore :(
    XFX only had a problem with the 6800's, a bad batch of memory apparently - but their returns staff is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yeah Galaxy are the one to go for with 6800's. The cooling on those seems to be the best although you could buy a cheaper one and an artic cooler and it would work out cheaper.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I like Asus, my old fx5200 was a beast for overclocking and i never had any problems with it, and ive never heard many complain about them, i think they are a very good brand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

BloodBath wrote:
    Yeah Galaxy are the one to go for with 6800's. The cooling on those seems to be the best although you could buy a cheaper one and an artic cooler and it would work out cheaper.

BloodBath
    Arent the leadtek 6800's supposed to be great for overclocking and cooling aswell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Couldn't tell you. If I was going with Ati i'd get a HIS Artic model. They have the best cooling of theAti cards but again you could get a sapphire and an Artic cooler and do it yourself cheaper.

BloodBath

Advertisement