Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AJ from The Sopranos Greatest Hits

• 26-11-2004 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

It just struck me last night how many classic lines / scenes AJ has, and they are all the better for their brevity / irregularity.

For instance in an episode from Season 4 I was watching last night he has 2 classics:

1) While debating his English homework with Meadow, she suggests his 19th Century novel by Hermann Melville is about homosexuality. AJ responds "I didn't know they even had fags back then".

2) AJ lying on his bed talking to Meadow about Death in Venice. Raises his backside and farts, then exclaims "Dude". Then looks at Meadow and states "Meeting over" before returning to his book.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

magpie wrote:

2) AJ lying on his bed talking to Meadow about Death in Venice. Raises his backside and farts, then exclaims "Dude". Then looks at Meadow and states "Meeting over" before returning to his book.

Yeah, that was funny, especially the look on Meadow's face.

Once at the dinner table they were talking about Italian heritage, and how most Italian surnames end in a vowel.

Queue AJ: "Our name ends in a vowel".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Yeah, that was funny, especially the look on Meadow's face.

Once at the dinner table they were talking about Italian heritage, and how most Italian surnames end in a vowel.

Queue AJ: "Our name ends in a vowel".

Hahaha, its a quality show isnt it? I'm gonna miss it when its over...
    One of my favorites was in the first series when Junior went to see Tonys mother in the retirement home.

Decrepid bloke with a Zimmer Frame - "Are you new here?"

Junior - "Keep moving fella"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Best Sopranos quote.

Tony: "Where the hell you been?"

Christopher: "The highway was jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive."

and this with Little Steven sitting there - classic !!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I reckon Junior has the best lines by far. His delivery is perfect, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Best Junior line is what he says after Tony lies to Junior about his health prospects in order to cheer him up
    "If ya were gonna cheer me up by lyin to me you could at least tell me theres a young broad outside wantin to tongue my balls"

Best line to Junior was when he has just told Tony that he had a disabled uncle(Junior and Tonys dads other brother)who lived in a mental home since his birth until he died. Tony says
    "I remember when i was a kid,when my parents would be arguin my mother would make fun of my dad because he had a "retarded brother".......i thought she was talkin about you" :D

And the rest......

Ralphie(pointin at some medium fat guy first,and Bobby Baccala second)"Its like an ad for a fcukin weight loss clinic-before,and waaayy before!"

Chris(during the drug addiction intervention)"Aw great,my own fckin motha. Fcuk you ya fcukin hoo-wa(hoore-it was just the way he says hoo-wah that cracks me up)

Puerto Rican dealer(after grabbing Chris gun)"Hey big man,what thi for eh?
    Chris"Shovin up ya mothas twat"

Ralphie"Wheres Tony?"
    Mob guy"Out the back gettin his weasel greased"
    Ralphie"Why, is your brotha here? Calm down,my own cousins a fag"

Chris-What if the russian comes after us?
    Paulie-And whats he gonna kill us with?His dick?!!?

Tony (on cellphone): Hes like some fcukin Russian Green Beret. He was with the ministry of the interior and killed 17 Chechens(cuts off)
    Paulie : He's an interior decorator who killed 17 Czechsolvakians
    Chris: That's funny - I thought his apartment was sh1t

Adriana to Chris,after he tried to get her to do a bit of lesbian carry on with her mate who later turned out to be a fed
    "You were trying to get me to have sex with her.You and your fuc`kin videos" ROFL

Chris claims not to have noticed Ralphie wore a wig,to hich Tony replies
    "You`ve been so high on smack the past few months ya wouldnt have noticed if he was wearin ya mothas muff on his head"

Mob Guy 1 "You should see this guys goomah. She got such a ****in moustache its like kissin a fireman"
    Mob Guy 2(in camp voice) "Well,you should know sweetie"

Earned him a whack in the face with a beer bottle

Tony,referring to Meadows half black half Jewish boyfriend as "the hasidic homeboy"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

Junior " Tony is just a cnut hair from controling all of North Jersey, and I am that cnut Hair"

Advertisement