Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever won a competition?

• 26-11-2004 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭

If so what did you win.
    The only thing I've won is a beach towel. I also won a pepsi soccer ball.

Other people in my family have won family trips to Disneyland Paris and Lapland, which I went on which is cool.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Not a sausage :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I once one a fantasy novel by entering a photographic caption competition run by the original Octarine Terry Pratchett Fan Club. I believe I was approximately 15 years old.

My brother won a ten-day all-expenses holiday to Thailand in February 2003.

Guess who got the luck in OUR family...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I won a book on radio one last week on rising time.

other things I have won, a crap hip hop CD of live 95fm,

oh I won tickets to the preview night when the new omniplex opened here in limerick, they showed 101 dalmations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

a few crappy things is all nothing really worth mentioning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Well i won 50 euro once and an easter egg! :D

Tis safe to say now because of that im now living a life of luxury! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

i won a microwave a pair of runners and a pair of pants!

next up the lotto......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

I won a beta slot in the US world of warcraft beta by playing 18+ hours a day for 10 days straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Signed poster from Rareware
    Resivour dogs postcard set
    DDay game

thats about it

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

When I was ten I won a draw that give me the option of 2 ducks or an Aran sweater, my mother made me pick the sweater (for my father)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

when i was about 11 or 12ish i won tickets to see garth brooks in croke park, train tickets n' all, from Cork Multichannel,now Chours. i brought me mam :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I was in the attic at me ma's gaff a while back when I found an ancient, deformed t-shirt. I'd no idea what it was, but knew I should have, so I asked the ould doll and she reminded me I'd won some class of a poetry competition in the Irish Times when I was about 5. The whole class got t-shirts, I think. There was a goat on them. I drew a total blank on the whole scenario until the next day when the poem suddenly resurfaced in my wee brain. But I've completely forgotten it again since, and won't be posting it!

Won some stuff on TV as well, including a TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I won tickets to a play on the radio once, but nobody would go with me, so I didn't bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

When I was in 6th class in school (long, long time ago), we'd have a draw every Friday and the winner got to bring the prize in the following week! I won a mirror one week and brought a cake that my mother made in the following week.

I've won lots in my youth at Feis Maitiu - speech and drama comp each year in Cork.

I won a baseball hat and t-shirt in karaoke about 10 years ago.

On the basis of the above, I belive I'm owed alot!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Good Ol RedFM. I won a slab of fosters, and a Cork City Jersey in seperate comps.

I may have won a raffle, but I cant be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Biggest Spamm0r Award 2002 ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Won an orange when I was in 4th class.
    Around the same time I won a jar of beetroot at a fair!!

Won a Nokia 5510 with nokiagame in 2002.

Thats it!
    JC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I won a kite when I was in school...

My brother set it on fire when i got home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

my bro won a limited edition Madonna LP from Dempsey's Den, but he used my name because he was embarresed about anyone finding out that he watched the Den. I remember it clearly... "and the winner is... KING RAAM"
    They threw in a picture of Ian with Bosco for good measure

KR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I won a school uniform contest in a local nightclub a year ago, I came third in the vote but there was a draw then for the prizes, the winneres got first pick of three envelopes, then the girl who came second picked and then me and they ended up with "gold membership" to the club while I swanned off with a hundred euro in me little bag.
    Was really funny, because they'd spent loads and loads of money on their uniforms where as I just threw mine together from stuff I already had.

i remember that night!!! smak dressed up aswell!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Last Saturday [Preacher] and I were at Man Utd courtesy of the Premiership Live competition on TodayFM. It was magic. :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

School Uniform Competition? I'm intrugued (and not in a dirty way).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Won a trip to Japan in 2002 to see one of the Irish Matches (vs Saudia Arabia) in World Cup from Tesco :D

Before that just small stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i won a poster competition when i was about 7, i won a $5 voucher for woolworths and a packet of penguins, it was the happiest day of my life... and i didn't even draw the ****in thing...

p p pick up a penguin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I won a competition a good few years ago on a saturday morning TV show on Network 2 called TX. The prize consisted of a t-shirt, a yo-yo, and an all saints cd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Won a phone with Fanta in August... don't even use the thing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Portable TV
    Snoopy Mug
    Money

actually i did win a mini bulmers light fridge in my local one night!!! it took a lot of rigging but it was worth it!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I won Zoop in 1996 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I won ten CDs once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I came second in a Lego buidling competition in Eason's back when I was a kiddywinky...

I'm concentrating more on Duplo these days though...

<== See Journal for details...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

In Primary School, we (myself and three other girls) won the All Ireland Cadburys table quiz. The prize for that was a three day trip to England, where we went shopping, to Stratford Upon Avon and then a VIP tour around the Cadbury Factory in Bournville, Birmingham. We also got some funky trophies and goody bags with lots of Cadburys merchandise. Oh, and we each won 200 bars of chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I came third in the Cadbury's Primary School Table Quiz when I was twelve. We got a thirty quid voucher for Golden Discs and a big box full of chocolate bards.

Also when I was twelve I won a Discman on Scratch Saturday on Network 2. This was 1991 so it was a pretty big prize for the time.

Won a weekend in Milan from some pasta company about four years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Oh yeah! I won a spellathon too when I was in 6th class! I got a trophy and £20 (a lot in those days).

I was awful at spelling in primary school because I never bothered paying much attention to it but the day we were having the team trials it all clicked and I started to remeber the spellings of words I didn't even know I knew!

Wow, such heady days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I won an Oxford English Dictionary on RTÉ TV Quizshow Talkabout. But actually that was the prize you got when you lost... the whole show was rigged though... the people who did win were actors.

I got the host of the Show, Alan Hughes, to sign the dictionary for me... wow...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Damn JackieChan, knew I hadn't posted in this...

erg, LOTS of things, and if I listed them, this would be the third time I listed them and got a list of "omfg you bastard"'s , so I'll refrain :p .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭johntf008

I won a Goldstar 3DO with Fifa Soccer and Need for Speed. Ah, the original Need for Speed, best game ever, if you're into em (which I was when I was fourteen)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

When I was about 8/9 there was a competition outside St Stephen's Green to taste the difference between pepsi and coke, everyone who got it right got a scratchcard and on most of the scratchcards you'd win a bottle of Coke but on mine it said I'd won a sony walkman! *Le Gasp* :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

£50 on a scratchcard
    £50 on Prize Bonds
    Exciting, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I try and enter every free contest I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I won a colouring competition when I was 6 or so... I think I won a big colouring set, heh...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Won a sports bag on Radio Nova many, many years ago. Even the mention of Radio Nova should give some indication of how long a decent win is overdue. I'll settle for the lotto by way of compensation :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I recently won a national poetry competition... a silver plate with my name engraved on it, the poem printed and €30s worth of book vouchers... wooo!!! Lol... well it got me a few issues of PCFormat in Easons anyways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

a few years ago I worked in a travel agents and won a competition for highest sales of 'sandals' holidays in Ireland and I 'won' a 4 day trip to Jamaica!!

I worked bloody hard though over there and it sounds more impressive than it actually was!!

Oh and I won a few years later 2 free flights to America with Continental airlines. Since leaving the travel business I have won nothing....ever...

the moral of the story is????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I finished top player at a lan party and won loads of goodies.... Only thing in me life I have ever won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bubbs

Years ago the place where my aunt worked had a x-mas party - and because she didn't have any children of her own she used to take me and my cousin. Anways, I was about 7, and everyone was given 5 raffle tickets. Later that evening the raffle is held and i won a big wodden rocking horse!

It was hell lugging it accross town to the car... hell. Stupid raffle.

*bubbles is that you*??? i won a box of chocolates last night \0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Oh yeah, I won a car draw a few years ago. A Ford Sierra it was at the time, I took the cash though. It was a week before Christmas. What a Christamas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

about 4 years ago i won 2 tickets to see Nick Warren play in Galway... ended up being one of the best nights out i've ever had :D

recently, i won a game called D-Day and a snazzy promotional hip flask :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I won €350 worth of vouchers of Vodafone last week.

They called me up as I entered a "Reward me competition" during this summer and I was being asked for my address. 10 days later and they sitll haven't come! :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement