Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cameras

• 26-11-2004 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Are there such things as standard cameras, that when you get the film developed there is a date stamp on the picture - or am I just think of digital cameras?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

No, you're right. I have it on my camera, but it's disabled at the moment and I can't remember how to enable it.

It's very handy, cos in years to come when the memory is gone you'll know when it's taken!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

any pointers on what models/makes to look for with this facility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

Dont all APS prints have the date printed on the back? Mine always did anyway ...

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

You could buy a crayon, for that toddler on a sugar rush effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

otron wrote:
    Dont all APS prints have the date printed on the back? Mine always did anyway ...

AFAIR you have to buy special APS film that has a tiny memory chip in it to store the date and obviously have a camera that supports the feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

APS cameras have the ability to have the date on the front and back, but not all chemists who develop these films will have this facility. If you use fuji film it is best to go to a fuji developer for example.

I personally turned the date/time thing off on the front of the photo as took away from the picture in my opinion.

There are some cameras which produce horendous big orange numbers on the photos, so you would want to find out how the date/time is displayed before you buy the camera. On mine it displays them is small little white numbers on the bottom right of the photo.

the camera I have is a Fuji nexia 265 ix Z

hope that helps

as for buying film with memory chips. dont know about that. but you do have to buy different film to the normal 35mm film. its handy too as there is no rolling of the film you just drop it into the camera and bobs your uncle.

the date and time are stored on the camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You should be able to get a 35mm that "burns" the date on the front, although I suspect a lot of that market has gone APS or digital. APS cameras / film is not compatible with other 35mm film and is more expensive, although for a similar camera, you do have more options (panoramic shots, date and time).

Digital cameras are killing 35mm for the general public, but is killing APS in the womb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

My Canon IXUS APS wil put several modes of Date Time or Combos of same front or back of your photos. Nice camera,tiny so easy to bring with, and takes a great photo even when I'm hammered :)

Advertisement