Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID3 Tags

Options
  • 27-12-2000 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

Is there a stand alone program for manipulating these tags ?
    In my winamp player, the file info registers the different ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags and sometimes I'm unable to change the settings on the files so the song appears as something like "village_people_-_Y_M_C_A".
    So in these cases I'd prefer to change the tags to something a little less stupid looking, but as I said, sometimes it doesnt let me change the settings, any reason ?

"Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

dont really know fidelis,but i tried winamp,and think u shud change to real jukebox,or musicmatch jukebox. i have em both no probs changin the details with em.well not with real juke neway. or maybe i dont know what im talking about. i use the napster player neway.

This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

...you should be able to just right click the track name in the playlist and click 'file info' in the popup menu...it may take until the next time you open WinAmp for the changes to take effect in the file and so show in any visualisation plugins, etc. ...

bard2.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Maybe the MP3 files were read-only?

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Fixed !
    Smart man Dav, thanks wink.gif

Advertisement