Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Netopia question

• 26-11-2004 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

hello all

ive tried searching and cant find any help on this subject
    my problem is that when i try using a primary connection on Winmx the program connects to primary with several connections but when i try searching it brings back no results.
    it works fine with a secondary connection
    so i assume its a problem with the netopia recieving UDP packets etc...

anyone got a solution
    cheers
    ian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Sorry i cant really make out what your trying to say.
    Could you possibly re-word the previous question and i will try and help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

sorry m8
    the problem is that i cant get any search results with winmx primary connection.i can with a secondary connection.
    so the only problem i can see is that a primary connection uses ports 6699 and 6257 to recieve udp packets for searches etc i think.
    so i think its a problem with the netopia modem not allowing certain ports????

and im not 100% on how to configure netopia for port forwarding??

cheers m8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Add a pinhole. You have to put in a destination address (your IP), an external start and end port (say 6000 and 6010 to forward 6000-6010) and a starting internal port (usually the same as your external start port (6000 in this case). Nothing else to it. I'd dump any software firewalls while troubleshooting this...
    Of course that should only really be necessary if the connections are initiated externally, if you're client is 'listening' they should be open already. I don't use WinMX so don't know how it actually works...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

cheers zenith i will give it a go.i tried it b4 but didnt fill in my ip address so that wouldnt have helped.

Advertisement