Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever heard of...

Options
  • 03-01-2001 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Anoyone ever head of Limerick singer/songwriter extraordinaire ( biggrin.gif) Siobhán O'Brien? About 3 - 4 years ago, she used to perform weekly in what was then the Newtown Pery on Thomas Street (where you will currently find a bar/nightclub called "Aubars")... and if you've heard of her... does anyone know if she's still gigging/recording?

bard2.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

.......y?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ummm... thought it was obvious that I asked because I'm curious as to whether she's still gigging or if she's released any new stuff.

One of her better known songs would be "Mumbo Jumbo Bla Bla Bla", by the way wink.gif

bard2.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

niall good news and bad news!!!!

Good News
    Wednesday nights – Siobhan O’ Brien

Siobhan O’ Brien along with her guitarist/collaborator Robert Callopy has played Reardens each and every Wednesday night since it opened its doors two years ago. Siobhan is a young talented live act performing her own rock/folk compositions for over ten years. Unlike her heroes Dylan and Leonard Cohen, whose lyric-focused style she has mimicked, Siobhan has a voice that many have described as ‘enchanting’.

She started her own record company under the title ‘Little Red Hen Music’ in February 1996 to release her 1st EP entitled ‘Mumbo Jumbo bla bla bla’ which received phenomenal airplay for an artist with no plugging, pushes or financial backing. The 2nd release on her ‘Little Red Hen’ music label was the single ‘Like A Habit’, which reached no. 5 in the Irish Indie Charts, again without any plugging! Most recently, in March 1999, Siobhan and Robert performed at SXSW in Austin, Texas. This was a showcasing Festival with Representatives from every side of the music industry attending and at which Siobhan was reviewed by Hot Press Magazine.

Siobhan O’ Brien has received seal of approval from such great artists as Donovan, The Cranberries, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan which she met a number of times. One listen and her talents quickly become apparent, not only as a performer but as a gifted writer as well.

So why not come along and enjoy the experience of Siobhan O’ Brien every Wednesday night at Reardens.

Bad News
    its in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Frodo@work

she sounds a bit like jemma hayes.
    any of you seen here yet.
    she is fantastic she playes whealens all the time. if you get the chance go see her.
    mmmmmmmm me thinks her band is made up of the old guitarist from something happens ,
    the drummer/singer from bellx1/juniper and the bass player was in a little none band from australia called (bah i cant remember but i think they sang 'everyway you go you always take the wether with me' ie not a very small band.
    and shes just been signed to the same label as ahhh il put itdown when i remember

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Cheers for that MiCr0...

I used to work in the Newtown Pery in Limerick you see and knew Siobhán back then. I have her Mumbo Jumbo EP @ home and I like it biggrin.gif It's good to see her still at it.

bard2.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement