Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ooohhh the hypnotic qualities of YMCA

Options
  • 13-12-2000 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

YMCA is probably the most played song in history, wherever more than 10 people and 10 pints are in attendance, YMCA is nearly gauranteed to be played...

That's a fact, but, has anyone else noticed the way people feel compelled to do the dance, no matter what their opinion on the song is?

A case in point: the Green Day concert on monday (great concert, played all the old stuff...) But while nobody was on stage, and they were playing background music, what came on but YMCA, at a Green Day Concert? weird enough but then, all the slipknot t-shirt bedecked, studded collar wearing youths, started doing the dance, the entire mosh pit was doin' it!

anyone else notice this phenomenon? maybe with other songs?

JAG owes me money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yeah... most songs by the Spice Girls coming on the radio give some people an almighty urge to f*ck the radio out the window.

...or maybe thats just me. wink.gif

bard2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

.. but i thought the old lady threw it in the ocean at the end of the film.
    Well, i went down and got it for you babe..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sixpack's little hat:
    .. but i thought the old lady threw it in the ocean at the end of the film.
    Well, i went down and got it for you babe..
    </font>

s'cuse me .. but ..

WHAT???!!!

bard2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

isnt that off the britney spears song? that "well i went down and got it..." part is a anyway....

This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

sorry i've just got that bit from the end of one of her songs stuck in my head.I'm actually beginning to like hearing it which is a bit worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I also notice that "I will survive" will always get sung by the girls if theres a karaoke machine nearby.

Its very very popular with the Bitter ones that get dumped, a lot. The rest of the female audience dance along to it and give "You Go Girl" type gestures to the singers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I never ever sing "I will survive", I always sing "Sabotage". It's because I am a victim. Throw me a dime and I'll be dancin' for hours.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You should sing Breakout like me and win a holiday at your Christmas party wink.gif

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

a copy of dav's version of breakout can be gotten from here:
    http://www.ebeon.com/illegal-stuff/mp3's/kharn-breakout.mp3

wink.gif

Advertisement