Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mobile on the market for €200-300?

Options
  • 26-11-2004 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Birthday's coming up, and for it Im getting a new mobile off mother dearest.. I've been told to get an N-Gage QD, as of its mp3 and avi playing capabilities.. But I wouldnt mind one with a camera on it either.. And the big screen is also a jubly addition..

Can anyone suggest me a good phone?
    (note that the N-Gage QD's big downside is the fact that I have no interest in playing games on my mobile)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Check out the Sony Ericsson K700i or the Nokia 6230. Both are small and neat phones that can play mp3's and video files (mp4 and 3gp). They both have a camera aswell. The K700i camera is slightly better than the Nokia one. The 6230 has expandable memory, whereas the K700i has 41MB of internal memory but it's not expandable.

If you're a pay as you go customer you should be able to get either handset sim-free from the UK for sub €300. If you're a contract customer and entitled to an upgrade you'll get one much cheaper. The K700i is only available on O2 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I should note that Im looking for a credit mobile... which unfortuntly limits me greatly. Suggestions? (bar smart-arsed "buy a bill phone" comments)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

6230 brand new unlocked
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22325&item=6344975657&rd=1

£165 which is about €235 delivered now buy say a meteor 3100 for €89, unlock it and keep the sim for your new phone with €80 free credit. You should be able to sell the 3100 for 70-90 as a sim free, brand new boxed phone. So now you have a 6230 with €80 credit for about €150-170, while meteor sell it as ready-to-go for €379

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Your best option is to buy Sim-free as if you're looking for mp3 capabilities, the p.a.y.g market is very limited. The 6230 would be a good option although if you want to store a good few cds on it rather than just a few songs you're going to have to shell out for a memory card as well, price depending on how much you want to store in it, but approx e50-100.

Advertisement