Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song making software ?

Options
  • 07-01-2001 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

whats the best song making software and i was wounderin if i cud hook up my guitar to my computer in anyway and record and edit etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Kurt kobain would turn in his grave if he heard you talk of such blasphemous musical activities! smile.gif

Do your limbs ever get tingly, eh? eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

To start with try Future Tracker. It allows you to sequence samples pretty easily. has some Midi support (Which you'd need for the guitar link) but not much.
    A good way to get hold of some samples to start with is to look for "MODS" - modules are the name these songs usually have, it's a hold over from the amiga days. Just DON'T take your samples from Amiga MODS as they were 8-bit and low frequency. There are plenty of newer PC ones out there. You can save the samples used from each to your own system.

Midi progs I'm not sure about. Cubasis and Cakewalk are 2 popular big-hitters but they're very expensive, and are aimed at professionals. There are others out there but I don't know how well they stack up. They're not too hard to find, Just do a search for Mods/trackers/Sequencers etc.

Advertisement