Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Converting Audio files

• 26-11-2004 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have an audio file that I want to convert to .mp3.

the file is in 3 different parts:

filename.ape
    filename.cue
    filename.ape.cue

I also want to split this file into smaller files. Will this be done automatically on conversion to mp3 or will I have to do it manually with another programme?

I would also like to transfer a file I have that is .mpeg (it says movie file but when I play it, there is no movie or image) and split it into MP3 files. It plays on Windows media player and winamp but wont play on my iRiver H-140.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rattlor

Your are using 3rd party audio compression software for this "APE" file thingy. Download this software, and see if it will extract it for you *(it's like Winzip, and seems to be the software associated with these crazy "APE" files): http://www.monkeysaudio.com/files/MAC_399F.exe

For your MPEG issue, download this software (http://www.dudemasters.com/software/mp3_to_wav.zip) to convert your MPEG file - install the software, then just "right-click" on your MPEG file and click "Convert to WAV". That will sort out that problem.

Advertisement