Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Myths & Mysteries of GTA... Bigfoot found in GTA

Options
  • 26-11-2004 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

dunno if this is a repeat thread etc, apologies if so, havent got time to look too far.

anyways, for those of you who don't know, Bigfoot is in GTA SA. He lives in the mountains and there has been a challenge to photograph him and get it online. think it was on the Rockstar site.

long story short, someone found him :)

http://www.geocities.com/hacker_pro_wizard/fyid0.jpg

what a game!
    Karl.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

havent seen that before pretty cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Many of these up and most of them, like this one look faked, has it been confirmed as official?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

yeah thats obviously a guy dressed in a suit. if you squint you can see his watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

LOL

seriously though, i never ceased to be amazed what bored nerds do in their spare time but i draw a line at faking a bigfoot in a video game.

anyways, heres another close up is one:

http://img68.exs.cx/img68/4193/bigfoot3.jpg

i really love the fact that this game even has its own paranormal encounter :)

and just in case the conspiracy theorists have a field day on this one, the red writing was added to the picture afterwards.

our 'source' did not, i repeat, DID NOT write near, or on his television.

• Advertisement

There are several supposed paranormal encounteres in san andreas bigfoot, leatherface, ghosts, ufo but none of them have been confirmed by rockstar but the jury is still out. I must admit that the second pic is the 'realist' looking one ive seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

is that a mountain bike race the second pic shows ? where can i do that ?

Mount chiliad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think these probably count towards the pictures taken statistic. Like the maoh head in the canyon area. Some Konami influence anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Man that is awesome. Can not wait until this comes out on PC!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Many many modders/interested people have been through the games code etc, and found nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭L!aM

Oh ffs you show me this on the week where I have a report and 3 essays due. Must....Find....Bigfoot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ave wrote:
    Many many modders/interested people have been through the games code etc, and found nothing.
    yes because in the code it's in the "bigfoot" sub proceedure. it's probably just a normal person with a hairy skin.

apparently there's ufo's too, in the desert.. and they interrupt your radio. haven't gotten it at all but now with bigfoot being seen, i will be looking. the truth is out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hehe, the truth is out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭L!aM

To: rnewkirk
    Subject: Q: Does Big foot Exist?

Dear Consumer,

Thank you for your interest in our technical support, Unfortunately at this time we are unable to release full details about all the hidden surprises Grand Theft Auto San Andreas has to offer, however i can promise you we have hidden a bunch of easter eggs. Be on the lookout, because you are bound to find something lurking on the mountain tops, or swimming on the ocean floor. You might even see some unwelcome bodies hidden in the wheat fields. There are over 30 Easter eggs that are not discussed in the Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Official Strategy guide, however we will most likely post them at a later date. Thank you for your E-mail and i hope this helped solve some of your problems

Thank you,

Rob Newkirk

Now this sounds promising.

also notable:
    I've Been doing me some snooping around the wed, and have come acros a faction message bored called GTA: SA Myths and Legends and in one of the threads, the Admin has put up some vital info (if i'ts true), which he received from this guy:

- You can only find Bigfoot between the hours of 12:00 to 20:00

- You also must be wearing a Trucker Cap, a Plaid Shirt, and blue jeans

Dunno if this works, but the guy claims he has only seen it in Back O' Beyond, in them cloaths, and never in the Airport. Anyway it is still worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i read this and got excited
    went on a bigfoot hunt, found nothing yet though.

heres something freaky though
    theres a place ive been
    and them kinda hovercraft boats appear by themselves on the beach and drive by themselves..
    they keep doing it too.......
    ghost drivers oOOoOOoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I SAW!!!
    I BELIEVE!!!

Starting at Angel pine caravan park about 15.00 head north east across the wooden bridge, then heading east towards back o beyond (i looking at the map now)when you cross river and in back o beyond, head south the last hill before the road (U shaped on map) i seen him walking across top of it , in my panic to get photo i tried to drive up , car flipped bounced rolled by time i ran up he was gone , spent another 2 hours looking , nowt.

But he was there :D

kdjac

ive been searching mostly the back o beyond and anywhere east of mount chiliad....
    even just searching is freaky especially when its dark or raining and stormy......

Dear Consumer,

Thank you for your interest in our technical support, Unfortunately at this time we are unable to release full details about all the hidden surprises Grand Theft Auto San Andreas has to offer, however i can promise you we have hidden a bunch of easter eggs. Be on the lookout, because you are bound to find something lurking on the mountain tops, or swimming on the ocean floor. You might even see some unwelcome bodies hidden in the wheat fields. There are over 30 Easter eggs that are not discussed in the Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Official Strategy guide, however we will most likely post them at a later date. Thank you for your E-mail and i hope this helped solve some of your problems

Thank you,

Rob Newkirk

anyone seen anyting in the ocean or the wheat fields?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Ive been looking no luck with anything yet!
    If i spot something im gonna blow its head off :D

it's such a genius - i heard there were fake web sites etc made to promote the game.

i'm willing to bet that there is a big foot and Rockstar released a 'screen grab' and the 'real screen grab' Krusty linked to. they have started their own mini conspiracy theory the best type of viral promotion you can get.

if it's true about the close encounters in the desert, interfering with your radio etc, i'm going to marry this! :)

just saw an new zealand games mag has put a bounty on the bigfoot and the first person to slay and photograph the critter gets it.....im goin a huntin tonight :)

yeah theres a load of websites and gaming mags who are offering money and prizes etc for the first person who gets him..... and video tapes it or something.
    all im doing now is hunting the fecker...

think how funny it would be if there was network play. bands of hicks in pickups raoming the countryside to put this creatures head on a plinth.....id play just to watch.

ive been raking all forums etc. found a few emails apparently from rockstar stating bigfoot rumour is false....
    however why then in the back of the book does it say thanks to bigfoot?
    do they mean the monster truck making people?... surely not because no cars are associated with real manufacturers.....

even if it is false, and he doesnt exist - i will still find him .

i am that sad

im going to give my guy a full week in the gym, eat like beejaysus, get him a big wooly jumper and roam around the forest at night.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ive been raking all forums etc. found a few emails apparently from rockstar stating bigfoot rumour is false....
    however why then in the back of the book does it say thanks to bigfoot?
    do they mean the monster truck making people?... surely not because no cars are associated with real manufacturers.....

even if it is false, and he doesnt exist - i will still find him .

i am that sad

He is there trust me, must get pic evidence.

kdjac

here's another pic, seems to match the size/look of the other pics. we're through the looking glass here people... :P

http://img60.exs.cx/img60/4905/DSCF09876.jpg

• Advertisement

OMG!

I'll stop now. promise.

http://www.imageark.net/image.php?id=80319

Advertisement