Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Myths & Mysteries of GTA... Bigfoot found in GTA

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Where to get the nightvision / predator type goggles in SA? Twould be good for the hunt. Also to those that didnt know you can spawn a jetpack on any bike. It sucks though.

Edit: Nevermind, found them in area 69.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Gah I want this game :(
    Played about an hour of it on my bros PS2... waiting for the PC version though.
    30 eastereggs though, nice one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

SantaHoe wrote:
    Gah I want this game :(
    Played about an hour of it on my bros PS2... waiting for the PC version though.
    30 eastereggs though, nice one :)

wish i had your willpower.

ps2 5 weeks old only 1 game , god ps2 sucks monkeys wheres ICO dammit.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭L!aM

Think of it as a sub-par DVD player with expensive extras :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

ok
    lets clear this up
    the UFO's are not the sterotypical UFO looking saucers
    if im right in what people are talking about, ive seen the coloured balls of light that fly around the whole map, they go too fast to catch but u can get close with the fighter jet i followed one around for a while, you can see them any time but its best at night in the desert, from the ground up on a hill i cud zoom with the camera and take pics. they fly past every two mintues too.
    ya know them lines u see in the sky? thats them. they leave that line. but i guarantee they are not planes. i got right up to one theyre just balls of coloured light.
    so i assume they are the UFO's everyone talks about.

as for bigfoot? well the big hairy sh*t doesn't appear to be in the game.

and ghosts? hah i doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

GTA SA Release date for pc June 2005 !

Quick google revealed this.. its not true. is it? fs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Show us the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

-AlcoholicA- are they not rockets from the military? SAM's or LAM's...something like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Mear wrote:
    GTA SA Release date for pc June 2005 !
    I remember GTA3 PC coming out in June aswell, fingers crossed... actually wait, six months?! bastards hurry up :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DieHardGamer

I have found some easter eggs you guys might be interested in, havent seen bigfoot although i did see the ball of light in the sky.
    As for some easter eggs well here they are:
    -There is a sign at the top of the Gant bridge that says,
    'there are no Easter Eggs up here. Go away'.
    -There is a resturant south of the Gant Bridge,
    to the west of it is a sign that says:
    'BRIDGE FACTS
    Length - 150.7 m
    Height - 60.3 m above sea level
    16000 polygons Inc LOOs
    600 m draw distance
    11 textures
    Takes up a staggering 1.27 MB of disk space'

- There's a diner below the start of the bridge
    in San Fierro that has "An Acutal Piece of the Cable" featured as a tourist
    attraction. On the sign is says:
    'Ooooooooh amazing...
    Isn't it fantastic?
    No, it's just simple physics.
    I don't know why we're making such a fuss.'

- not really an easter egg 'cos it's on the paper map but there's a rock north of Palomino Creek entitled Northstar Rock. (Rockstar North) get it!

- At the train tunnel near Unity Station there's an ad for a company called 'True Grime', with a tagline about getting rid of 'old rubbish'. Hee Hee!

- When doing the mission 'Madd Doggs Rymes' where you have to sneak into the mansion, there's a guy sitting on a couch playing what i persume is Driver 'cos he's shouting at the TV saying 'Screw you Tanner, damn how could reflections make this game so crap'. Or something along those lines. Very cool and daring by Rockstar.

thats all for now, be back soon with some more hopefully.
    (By the way check out the signs on all sides of the pointy building near Vank Hoff hotel for some laughs). Vank Hoff Hotel is funny in itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭irldavem

I have found some easter eggs you guys might be interested in, havent seen bigfoot although i did see the ball of light in the sky.
    As for some easter eggs well here they are:
    -There is a sign at the top of the Gant bridge that says,
    'there are no Easter Eggs up here. Go away'.
    -There is a resturant south of the Gant Bridge,
    to the west of it is a sign that says:
    'BRIDGE FACTS
    Length - 150.7 m
    Height - 60.3 m above sea level
    16000 polygons Inc LOOs
    600 m draw distance
    11 textures
    Takes up a staggering 1.27 MB of disk space'

- There's a diner below the start of the bridge
    in San Fierro that has "An Acutal Piece of the Cable" featured as a tourist
    attraction. On the sign is says:
    'Ooooooooh amazing...
    Isn't it fantastic?
    No, it's just simple physics.
    I don't know why we're making such a fuss.'

- not really an easter egg 'cos it's on the paper map but there's a rock north of Palomino Creek entitled Northstar Rock. (Rockstar North) get it!

- At the train tunnel near Unity Station there's an ad for a company called 'True Grime', with a tagline about getting rid of 'old rubbish'. Hee Hee!

- When doing the mission 'Madd Doggs Rymes' where you have to sneak into the mansion, there's a guy sitting on a couch playing what i persume is Driver 'cos he's shouting at the TV saying 'Screw you Tanner, damn how could reflections make this game so crap'. Or something along those lines. Very cool and daring by Rockstar.

thats all for now, be back soon with some more hopefully.
    (By the way check out the signs on all sides of the pointy building near Vank Hoff hotel for some laughs). Vank Hoff Hotel is funny in itself.

How very familiar to the guide on faq.com.
    Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Further to the thread I started a while ago I want to start a list of the common myths and legends floating around about GTA SA. If you come across anything weird or confirm anything listed below then spread the wealth....photos of yer telly would be best.

I know a band of us are looking for Bigfoot but until we come across him, here's some other paranormal beauties to get us going:

1.) BIGFOOT - supposedly around Mt. Chilliad and the San Fierro airport
    - known for knocking down trees
    - screeches
    - It can kill you with one hit but you can't kill it at all!
    - I heard you have to wear certain clothes and drive a pickup for him to appear.

2.) UFOs - Seen various fake pics and some that look pretty real....I heard you can fly one if you get into 'Area 69'.

3.) SEA SERPENT - I have heard numerous reports of a loch ness monster type of creature in the sea around San Andreas. You have to really fly in the middle of nowhere around the ocean to spot this.

4.) GHOST PLANES AND CARS - I really don't know how to explain this one. The ghost car mostly occurs in an area know as 'Back O Beyond' near the two horse shoe shaped formations. Driverless vehicle chases you.

5.) THE GHOST OF CJ'S MOM - In CJ's house between 00:00 - 1:00 at night there is a ghost of CJ's mom wandering around the house. I have heard she appears in the living room but I also have heard she appears in her bedroom as well.

6.) PHONE BOOTH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DESERT - There is a phone booth that constantly rings in the desert but as soon when you pick it up nobody is on the other line!

7.) SERIAL KILLER BURIAL SPOTS - Around the desert there are a few holes in the ground that are full of body bags.

8.) PEOPLE WITH NO EARS - There are several people in a certain hick area with no ears. Probably just a modelling mistake, but I like to think of them as horrendously inbred.

9.) JIMMY SAVILLE - Apparently our favourite tracksuit wearing, jewellery jangling fix-it monster lives in the suburbs and can grant you wishes....perhaps a tribute to the 'North' of Rockstar North!?*

10.) LEATHERFACE - I've read loads of rumours that our favourite chainsaw-wielding maniac lives in a remote shack somewhere in the game. No pictures or confirmed sightings yet though. I love to think this one is true....

I read on 2 forums that GTASA uses the PS2s internal calendar, much like some sports games and the paranormal stuff was only set to happen around Halloween.....hope not.

Karl.

*made number 9 up....just wishful thinking.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

karlh, the above has been merged to the thread of the same subject YOU started.

why how silly of me. :rolleyes:

karlh wrote:
    8.) PEOPLE WITH NO EARS - There are several people in a certain hick area with no ears. Probably just a modelling mistake, but I like to think of them as horrendously inbred.

I dont think this one was a modelling mistake. Theres an area near the VERY large satellite dish on top of a hill in LV desert.
    Its called The Big Ear.
    The story goes that there's a lot of radiation in that area, and hence a lot of people are born with only one ear.:eek:
    Mystery solved.

thats what i'm talking about, quality reporting!!! :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

karlh wrote:
    well was trying to start a DIFFERENT SUBJECT.

dick.

I may have one, I may not. But it's not an excuse to call me (or anyone) such.

You’re now banned from the Games board for a week. After the week is up PM me asking to be un-banned.

Once un-banned, before you post again on the games board I'd advise you to read the charter of the games boards, and the general rules of boards.ie.

If you have a problem with your with your banning visit the 'help', or 'feedback' board.

Regards,

Monument

I've posted this on a different website, but I may as well post it here too.

As some of you may know, the legend of bigfoot is somewhat fuelled by the inclusion of the name Big Foot in the "Thanks to" section at the back of the manual that you get with GTA:San Andreas. One idea that I have as to why this is included is the following:

This company may be involved with the making of SA or with providing information on the specs and physics of the vehicle "Monster". http://www.bigfoot4x4.com/news03.html

Also, if you check this particular vehicle out, http://www.bigfoot4x4.com/bf11.html it looks very similar to the Monster that spawns outside the stadium in Los Santos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Rockstar released a statement saying Bigfoot and the "lochness monster" aren't in the game. Just rumour.
    UFO's exsist though.

Isn't Big Foot in the thank you section of GTA: VC as well? Any one with the game care to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Isn't Big Foot in the thank you section of GTA: VC as well? Any one with the game care to check.

But was Bigfoot in Vice City?

I've never seen or heard about him in VC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

"bigfoot" is apparently some rapper guy or something - he might do a voice or something i dont know, buts he not a big hairy hill walking tree smasher.

"bigfoot" is apparently some rapper guy or something

I think this rumour needs to stop as well as the giant hairy big foot rumour.

You say it's possible that big foot is a rapper. Great. But this has been mentioned here before. No new info.
    You should have found out for yourself if a rapper named big foot exists.

I've searched for rapper's and artists of all kind by that name and didn't come up with anything.

Maybe he is a rapper, but wouldn't someone have found out by now if he was?

Found him where? Just because he's in GTA doesn't mean he will have his own website that you can look up.

Mabye he's not a rapper, mabye he's just a friend of one of the programmers or someone who helped out on some small bit of the game, or mabye it is reffering to the company Bigfoot. They might have licensed a bigfoot for VC and never put it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

mabye the rockstar machine is leaving this ambiguity on purpose so more people will be buying and playing the game...

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Just because he's in GTA doesn't mean he will have his own website that you can look up.

or mabye it is reffering to the company Bigfoot. They might have licensed a bigfoot for VC and never put it in.

LOL :D

I wasn't looking for his website, I was looking for an artist or rapper named Big Foot. If he has made songs, surely you could find out about him somewhere.

And about the company Bigfoot. Very original. It wasn't just posted by ME on the previous page of this thread. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lloydos

Hey i was searching on the internet about the myths and mysteries of gta:sa and then i came across this website regarding the myths.So i read the this thread and then went on gta and came across two things that were unusual with the game.I was walking on mount chiliad were i thought the yeti was and as i walked up to the old abandoned cabin i heard a loud squeel and then a thump.I died!!! so i thought it might have been the bigfoot everyone was talking about and then i respawned at the local hospital as usual and i looked up at the sky and saw a large white flashing thing zoom across the sky leaving a large trail of smoke so i was wondering one of you guys could help me and explain what i saw and heard plz.

Advertisement