Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FM2005 Too easy

• 26-11-2004 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I know I'm only in November but it just seems too easy, I'm joint first with Arsenal with W8 D1 L1.

I know I don't want it to be too easy but this just seems way too easy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Arsenal. Nuff said. Hardly expect them to be in a relegation battle do you? :D

It's harder that CM4 imo (the only other one I've had). I waltzed thru the Champions League with Shels in that, got thrashed 8-1 by Leverkusen in this one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Away games are notoriously hard to win.

Playing as Charlton, goals seem to be like gold dust to me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sorry I meant I'm playing as Aston Villa (of course) and I'm joint first with Arsenal. Now my beloved villa are good but this just seems too easy, I'l get a few hours in today so we'l see how I shape up half wy through. I won away at Arsenal by simply playing 5-3-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

... too easy then?

Too easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

W8 D1 L1

Well in real life they went about 50 games unbeaten you couldnt manage 10 so it cant be that easy

• Advertisement

Well in real life they went about 50 games unbeaten you couldnt manage 10 so it cant be that easy
    HE'S PLAYING AS VILLA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

DRakE wrote:
    HE'S PLAYING AS VILLA!

****ling hell

altough I am starting to think he is right ivbe scored 82 goals in 20 games in the league with milan my attack is good but shurley not that good

Well I finished the season in 4th spot well ahead of 5th and only 2 points behind Arsenal in 3rd. I bet Chelsea in the last game of the season to give United the title, I also won teh league cup. So wasn't as easy as I thought but still too easy.

Whats with the transfer money though, I got only 3.6 million to spend in pre-season then the week before the season starts back the board give me another 15 million to spend!!! Had I known that I wouldn't have signed so many bosmans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Its mid April for me. Im managing Boro and im second on goal difference to chelsea. I think i have 5 league games left, none against teams in the top half of the table so i am cautiously optimistic. Souness from newcastle tried to wind me up telling me i wasnt going to win the title, so i told him i was, now half my team are unhappy saying the pressure is too great! I also have a uefa cup semi final to look forward to against Inter.

Too easy? I dont know about that yet, its still all a bit 'different'. I think it is a bit harder than the last one though as player moods tend to swing a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Aye, they're all grumpy bastids! When I got knocked out of the 3rd CL quali round by Leverkusen literally my entire Shels team screamed to be on the transfer list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Started a new game which worked thanks to not having the Irish league running 3rd season i cant buy a goal with Henry ronaldo Adriano (sp) kezmen robben etc its crazy the amount of sitters top class strikers sky over the bar 31 shots 1 on target ? wtf like. Won the title the year before by 8 points but now my players can’t play because their so tired 7 games into the frigging season! Must be because i forgot to set pre season training tad over sight on my part :confused::( .The board is already pissed with me after only 7 games cant blame them tbh my defense has turned to **** as well 2 win 4 draws 1 loss would of won them all if my strikers could just put the ball in the back of the net........i could cry

Defo to easy, won the Champions League in my second Season with Villa, although I won 21 games in a row in the premier laegue and United stil bet me by 4 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

European fottball does seem easy - when the teams you play arent in selected leagues (ie when you start the game) they are a lot easier to beat - even the biggest names. They dont seem to use tactics to the same extent and are generally rubbish at set pieces. Its like watching shadow players playing for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

the league is very easy but i cant buy a champions league.always get beaten in the semis by invariably italian opposition

ya i can win the leage (3 times in a row now) but cant win any thing else other than the commuity sheild (3 times in a row now)

ive won community shield ok and fa cup but thats it.i need a european cup before i crack.if i draw inter in another semi final ill break the disc

Ya they beat me in the final this year they got so luck 1 free kick and a peno for a 2-1 win bastards

i got absolutly anhiliated by them the last time i met them but it was 2-2 on agg the first time with them winning it on pens

Bah i just read the stadium expansion is still broke so that 19 million the board spent on 12,000 extra seats will have been wasted big time :( i so badly need a 70,000 - 80,000 seater stadium at this stage

you said youre managing with chelsea, do the board give you a ridiculous amount of transfer funds?then just randomly during the season they give even more.i have a big expansion of old trafford underway,17000 seats i think

• Advertisement

they have given me around 200 million in 4 years nice enough tbh.

I think yours and my money has been wasted on stadium expansion because of the bug wish there was some tool i could use to alter my stadium size i have every right to do it myself if the feature isn’t working.

true.stadium expansion is expensive business.this is more like a delayed msn conversation between us.have you played with any lower league teams yet?im yet to lead any to promotion.

Na not in fm2005 i have in cm4 and before.....I was going to go to cork city after i got bored with chelsea but was forced to start a new game with out the ireland league on because of the crash to desktop prob :( so now i dont know what im going to do when i get bored winning the english league maybe go to spain or italy seeming my reputation is world class :D

yea, same here.i got yeovil to the premiership and then deleted my game accidentally.twas too annoying to put into words.might try ucd or someone like that and see what happens

won my first double today Fa cup and league couldnt hack it in europe though which is a pitty thats 4 league wins in a row now liverpool pushed me all the way to the last game though in which i beat them 3-1 and drew with blackburn for a 4 point league win then beat liverpool in the fa cup final for my first double in 6 years :confused:

GET A ROOM :p

Its good to share :):p

im no FM slut i'll have you know!!! :D

Advertisement