Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling vodafone shares

Options
  • 26-11-2004 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭

I have 160 vodafone shares after the eircom shares were sold a few years ago. The value now is £1.435 and the sterling rate is about 0.69, so they should come to about €332. Where is the best place to sell them, ie. get the most amount of money back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I think Vodafone used to offer a service to shareholders to sell at a reduced commission rate. Not sure if they still do as I sold mine several months ago, but that's how I got rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭digiman

How much did they charge you for selling them blackjack?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Can't remember to be honest. I don't believe it was any more than a tenner though, if even that.
    Sorry I can't be more specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

At the moment, they are at the highest price since February... and with depending on 3G sales in the UK and the exchange rate... now might be a good time to trade. I'd see if they get closer to £1.50stg, but sell before Christmas.

Some high street banks offer share dealings across the counter, I dont think it will set you back more than €20-30, but I'm not 100% on the price.

http://www.goodbody.ie/products/execution.html#aib might be a good place to start for AIB customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Call Computershare in Dublin and ask them to send you a Small Shareholding Dealing Facility form for Vodafone shares.

Fill it out and send it back along with your share cert. It costs €19, if I remember right.

This only applies if you have less than 1000 shares and are selling all of them at once.

• Advertisement
Advertisement