Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spinal Tap

Options
  • 08-01-2001 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Watched it for the first time last night, havent laughed as much for a film in ages. It IS rock and roll.
    Key moments:
    The bassist getting stuck in the cocoon.
    The Drummer(s) and their unfortunate deaths " He choked on vomit. Wasnt his"
    Stonehenge
    "This goes up to eleven"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

hee hee...

I remember the reeeeallly tiny Stonehenge monument...

what a class film biggrin.gif

bard2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Hehe. Seen it in the ifc a couple of months ago. Classic stuff. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Bloody BRILLIANT film, one of the funniest films EVER

too many lines to pick a best one..but..

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

Marty (interviewer): Lets talk about your reviews a little bit...regarding 'Intravenus de Milo': 'This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The music growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad peotry'

Nigel: That's..that's nit-picking isn't it

Marty: The gospel according to Spinal Tap: 'The pretentious ponderous collection of religious rock psalms is enough to prompt the question: 'What day did the lord create Spinal Tap and couldn't he have rested on that day too?'

</font>

Bloody brilliant.

Get the DVD if ya can..over an hour of extra footage with great lines like
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Regarding monkeys eating bread in the zoo

David: It's amazing that, although they eat bread every day of their lives, they have never developed any real baking skills

</font>

vince1.gif
    I LiKe JaM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Great, great film. Best mockumentary ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

what a film smile.gif
    Youve really got to see it at least 5 more times wink.gif
    "You think the cover is bad? You should have seen what they WANTED, and it wasnt a glove she was smelling let me tell you."
    "We were playing the Isle of ,,, ehh, the Isle of Lucy wasnt it?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

you can't finger print for vomit

the only bad thing about the film is that the nanny is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Shes a p1ss take of Yoko Ono and what she did to the beatles and John lennon.

Woman :If I told them once i told them a million times. Its supposed to be spinal tap first and puppet show second

Bassist : Its a real morale booster

Woman : Well you do have bigger dressing rooms

Lead singer: Than the puppets?!? I should f*cking hope so

Advertisement