Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Limit.

Options
  • 26-11-2004 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Right guys and gals.. Tell me this. How often does your limit get increased and what sort of expenditure do you need

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

My limit is automatically upped by BOI each year and they send a note saying to contact them if you don't want this increase. The past 4 yrs or so it's been upped by over €1000 a year.
    I use my card for both private and business use (fair bit of travel/flights on it) and clear it every month - so don't know if this influences the limit or if it is your salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

AIB have upped mine every 6 months, about a grand a time :D

( :(:(:(:(:(:(:( )

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you max out your card and make some effort to repay, they are likely to increase your limit (so they can make more from you in interest).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

MBNA up my limit every now and again by a grand or two. Don't mind as it's handy if I ever need to make a very large purchase and cash isn't an option. BOI are a bit scabby on the limits although they did give me an increase recently when I asked them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

MBNA have upped my limit without telling me :mad: and i wish they wouldnt,i only found out when i got my statement and i was after spending the extra money that was on the card (not knowingly) out of order i think.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i believe its doubled what your current limit is every 6 months, thats what i was told anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

people who are up to the max of their limit and struggle to make the minimum monthly payments and/or miss the occasional monthly payment tend NEVER to have their limits increased

ironically - as they're the people who need them most

Advertisement