Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music from ad

Options
  • 11-01-2001 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Whats that song from the drink driving ad where the car smashes the kid in the garden.
    Good ad btw.

(By good I mean effective)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

To be honest I don't think its effective. Its like all the other shock ads. They're disturbing but I doubt any one that decides to go drink driving thinks about that ad. Those ads are talked about and they get feedback from people saying how they're good and so the marketing company says "success", but the serial drunk driver wouldn't give a damn about it.
    Don't know the music either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

I don't know the name of the song either but I do think the ad is effective.

What the **** is a serial drink driver??
    Most people who drive have driven a car when over the limit and occasionally these people kill somebody.
    That ad is shocking enough to stick in peoples minds the next tiome they meet a friend in town and have a couple of unexpected pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

That ad has ruined the song for me, they shouldn't have been allowed to use it.

It's an old Peter Greene song called 'Man of the World'

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Ta Luc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

That ad hits home to anyone sober but
    with a few pints in yah!!
    AHHH FUGAH!! ILL DRIVE BUrP PUke

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ever notice how, in that ad, the car seems to defy quite a few laws of physics?

The bloke is driving home, and from the looks of it, is doing ~35-40 mph. Despite this the car seems to have the inertia to roll 5 or so times. Either one side of his car was loaded with lead weights or an impractical accident is being used to stop drink driving.

No, I don't like drink driving, I once had to punch my best mate to stop him driving home under the influence, but at least we could portray normal accidents in the ads.

P.S. I prefered the music in the English shock-horror ads..."You Don't bring Me Flowers Anymore"..."And you just ROLL OVER [car rolls] and then...." smile.gif

Rob.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"There are Britney people and non-Britney people." - Britney Spears
    </font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

normal accidents while drunk?
    what like hitting a lamppost because a cat ran across the road?
    dont think that would deter anybody now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Its a good ad, if a little graphic.
    But its getting on my nerves how they constantly blame young men. frown.gif

because they make up the bulk of the statistics.
    ever wonder why your insurance is just that little bit higher than your sisters? now you know smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I have been living in a really really small country village the past few months, and every single young man here that I have encountered who drives, seems to have no problems with driving with a belly full of ten pints (or the equivalent) on a Saturday night. A few weeks ago, a couple of guys in their twenties from here were killed in a crash - and they also seriously injured a mum and her kid. The village was devastated since the population is tiny and everybody knew all parties involved...but there has been no change in the attitude of the drinkdrivers - even the guys who were best friends with the men that were killed. Everyone says things like "Why did God let this happen?" but it was hardly God who made them drink drive (and take speed, too) and ram into another car that they were trying to overtake on a corner.

Sickening and saddening. frown.gif

• Advertisement

dont want to sound biased but nobody really cares about it in the country and will continue to drink and drive because its easier than trying to organise alternative transport (which in most cases in the country doesnt exist).. ye just have somebody whos only having a few pints or such and then theyre driving everyone back.
    on the plus side theres not as much traffic as in town suburbs or the like so accidents will be rare but they're still in no state to drive..

Advertisement