Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The lack of naming oneself and women boxing

Options
  • 24-11-2004 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Chick wrote:
    Name :Chick (sorry folks:()

Boo-urns!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i was going to address the fact you wouldn't give us a name, but i'm not opening that can of worms again.

boxing? lol girls can't box. they can put stuff in boxes, but they certainly can't box. female pugilists... yah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Kev I'm surprised.. Didn't you know boxing is the new Atkins?
    Yeah if I recall correctly David Bowie's hot somalian wife took it up after spoutin a few sprogs. A last ditch attempt to lose weight after apparently trying 'everything' else. She then told all her model friends who got on oprah and told the world.. Or something to that effect. It is the most fitness intensive training I'm aware of anyway.

Afaik, DU boxing club has more female than male members (or so TN would have me believe). Though when it comes to competition/sparring, there's less participation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Didn't you know boxing is the new Atkins?

God, all these stupid twats should take their fad diets and shove them up their fat arses. I'm sick of seeing "low carb" labels on everything in supermarkets. If you're too dumb to read the nutritional information labels on the food you buy, then you deserve to stay a fat blimp.

/rant

Haha I agree with you. I hate people who haven't a clue about nutrition goin on about things just drilled into them by ads n such..

"It's ok to eat raw suger.. It has 0.00% fat!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

****ing spas and their ****ing stupid diets. Sheep! Sheep! That's what they are. They'd eat pig **** if you said it was zero carb. ****'s sake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

you shouldnt use the word spa!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

emm no Atkins diet4me, am doing boxing cos its a great way to keep fit and you do a bit of self defence! they do about 100 press-ups and sit ups every class, brillant for keeping fit !

Keeping fit, keeping slim. Women rarely differentiate in fairness.
    Yeah no atkins for you cos it sucks, and everybody (well most) know that now. Boxing is the new atkins (for the mo n anyway).
    Aye I agree it is a great self defense. Though if do (god 4bid) happen to have to use it for that reason, watch your hands. You'll crush them. Make sure your fists are clenched dead tight and practice hitting the bag bare-fisted a bit 'til you can get the same power etc. as usual without destroying your hands.

the instructor keeps tell me to "put all my 6stone (which im not) behind my punches", he seems to think a wisp of wind would knock me over (not!).

anyway no mad excercise/ crazy diets for me, i couldnt put on weight even if i tried.

anyhow you should just be happy with what you got and make the most of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

good looking girls can kick my ass any day of the week

• Advertisement

snorlax:
    anyway no mad excercise/ crazy diets for me, i couldnt put on weight even if i tried.
    bitch

charmed im sure!

so snorlax do u do the preboxing warm up or whatever it is before training in the squash courts on wednesdays?

nope try and go and go mondays or fridays but am a little busy at mo so havent been for week or 2, have xmas exams(ugh!)

ah ok. the boxing crowd are generally sound and very helpful on wednesdays. there's some chick that does the warm up. she's sound.

yeh, she's super fit! i think boxing must be one of the most popular sports, and its one of the few sports where its 50.50 male2 female, the pressups are tough to do, would love to be able to do them on my finger tips!~

yeah i hate press ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

press ups are easy to do!

*presses up on keyboard*

see, I did that with my fingertip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

vinks wrote:
    good looking girls can kick my ass any day of the week

Oh God, I have a nasty image of you knocked to the ground, bloodied lip and writhing orgasimically with dirty great big grin on your face.

snorlax wrote:

anyhow you should just be happy with what you got and make the most of it!
    Spoken like a true ignorant :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Spoken like a true ignorant :rolleyes:
    ??? :confused:

huh?!

Imagine you were really really fat, and it made you depressed. You should just accept that? People make fun of you, you are unhealthy/unfit, unnattractive etc. Speak to my hoop.

There's nothing wrong with trying to lose weight if you're overweight..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

guess whos back fom london kids!!!!!!!

i wasnt saying there was, i was saying that people shouldnt go out of their way to please other people by trying to make themselves skinny, besides do you not aggree that crazy diets like atkins/excessive excercise routines just make people more insecure as they'rs always going to be a suggestion there thats it not normal or excepted in society to be fat so therefore you should change yourself for the benifit of ignorant ppl who are probably just going to slag you off about smtg else even if you are thin.
    iwas very sick when i was a baby so thats why iv never managed to put on any weight so don't bare a grudge against me simply for simply stating the fact that physiologically i actually cant put on weight, and yes ppl slag off skinny ppl more then fat ppl and think its actually more acceptable to do so, im not perfect but im happy with what i have so i think overweight people should be aswell.

There's a bit of a difference I suppose between being overweight, being fat, and being obese. Being overweight is having a couple of pounds too many but not really being unhealthy. Being fat is being noticeably, detrimentally overweight. And being obese is being REALLY overweight.

Overweight people shouldn't automatically throw themselves into a diet to get rid of the pounds. If they have a healthy enough lifestyle and they're happy with themselves, then what's the problem? Even so, they should keep themselves in check, in case it gets out of control.

But I have to say, I think that (non-genetically) "fat" people (and obese people) should lose weight. It is difficult I'm sure, but there is absolutely no advantage in this day and age to being overweight. You have nothing to lose except the weight itself by slimming down.

There ARE special cases, some people (including people I know) are genetically predisposed to being fat, and will probably never be thin. That's not their fault (I watch one or two people I know eat nothing but vegetables and fruit for weeks, to little effect), and they should not be blamed for it. It's their cross to bear I guess.

I'm lucky enough to be naturally quite skinny, it's in my genes too, but it does mean that I'm very light, and can't take my drink for sheit..I also get comments from time to time, but it doesn't bother me too much. Everyone gets them about something..

But if you're a lazy blimp who does nothing all day except sit on a couch watching tv and eating fast food, then I have no respect for you. You're only making yourself unhealthy inside as well as outside (risk of diabetes, colon cancer, liver problems, heart disease, high blood pressure, impotence/infertility..etc etc). There is so much information these days about healthy food, exercise regimes, etc that there's no excuse.

/my €0.02

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

I know quite a lot of people (girls) who are really into the whole dieting thing and it really bugs me, only because they are all really skinny already and the damage they are doing to their body by starving themselves is awful. Maybe studying science makes me more aware of stuff like that, but anyhoo I agree with Pet that if you are fat/obese whatever you wanna call it that you should def try and help yourself, with balanced diet/excercise etc. But as for the Atkins fads.....not good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

go away for the weekend and everone starts spouting crap while i'm gone...hrmmm

Advertisement