Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The extreme averageness of Limp Bizkit.

Options
  • 26-12-2000 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

well title says it all. Anyone noticed how uninspiring and average they are? Durst cant rap for a start,if thats what hes trying to do. Credit to the guitarist,he sure can lay down some riffs("take a look around" esp),aswell as having cool contact lenses smile.gif.
    listen to the lyrics in "rollin",or "nookie". oh come one, its ****ing embarrassing.americans have no shame. heres a sample of "rollin"'s lyrical ingenuity: "u wanna mess with limp bizkit? u cant mess with limp bizkit,becoz we get it on,every day and every night" or "hot mamas,pimp daddys etc etc." im embarrassed,and im not the one writin or singin it. I swear that Wes Borland and his talent is the only thing that even merits a mention when it comes to Limp bizkit,he rescues the songs from being downright sh1t.
    goin to listen to limp bizkit?
    check ur brain at the door....

This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

The Lyrics are pretty damn crap and I just love (sarcasm) the way he reuses the lyrics from other Limp Bizkit songs.
    Well they're loud, which is good. I love ( not scarcasm) Hotdog on the new Album. Its nice and heavy. Using the lyrics from Closer by NIN is sad really. And the bit too in it where he boasts about how he's used fu<k 47 times so far in the song. Very Intelligent.

The guitarist saves the day alright but lots of the songs are very alike. Their DJ sucks too. Scratchy Scratchy, squeek - Its like DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Dj Lethal? well he was in "house of pain", what do u expect biggrin.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think I've said it in a couple of other posts that Wes Borland is indeed the best thing about Limp Bizkit. They are average. That is all.

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Alright par-t-ner , keep on rollin'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

oh well sorry kharn. i only recently plucked up the courage to leave the CS and half life boards in the last couple of weeks smile.gif so i havent seen too many posts here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

heeheehee - didn't mean to sound mean and cross wink.gif

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Limp Bizkit suck c**s in hell!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

For some reason, the name "Limp Bizkit" always seems to remind me of a soggy McVites digestive - without the chocolate. That's about as exciting and inspiring as I find the band themselves wink.gif

bard2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I think you all are taking them too seriously, they're not brilliant but i don't think they try to be, most of their songs are saved by wes borlands brilliance, otherwise they are below-average.

Fred durst is a bit of an *******, slagging off kid rock, trent reznor and everyone else.

"If i say fu<k 2 more times, thats 46 fu(ks in this Fu[ked up rhyme"
    thats the funniest lyric i have heard in ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

i like em i know there **** but ... i like em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well the intro to their Mission impossible rendition is exceptional but goes swiftly downwards when Fred takes the mike.

"I know why you want to hate me... cos hate is all the world has seen lately"

No Fred, it's cos your crap.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 04-01-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

i agree with amp, that mission impossible intro is rather good - as is the whole song
    they were lucky to have that song to launch themselves but they're only just hanging on in there now
    oh, i do like 'My Generation' though --nice and loud and a bit crazy, just the kind of song you want to hear sometimes smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

all the new a.d.i.d.a.s metal bands suck....Korn....limp d**k.....slipknot....they are completely repetitive and boring they all have sh!t lyrics and samey riffs....i mean taking korn for e.g they have wrote what is it 3/4 albums about him and his fu<ked up childhood....get on with it man new lyrical content needed.....the only "new metal" band that has any air of originality is system of a down.....all the others are just copying the sepultura album roots i.e using heavy down tuned guitars and slow chuggy riffs....that album started that style of music and it has'nt changed a bit since then......so much for originality eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Black Wizardd:

I dont agree with you about korn and slipknot, but system of a down are a truly breath taking metal band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

hey get tool and a perfect circle albums
    thats!! excellent metal
    limp bizkit are just dum heavy stuff to headbang to
    their guitarist is good but whats with that
    "7 alter egos" ****e i saw in a guitar mag once/?//??:?
    their drummers quite good too
    if u like slipknot(which i don't really but its "nu!! metal" genre aswell) check out "Mudvayne" bit cartoony(as in freaky facepaint) but excellent musicians

get "queens of the stone age" and loads of
    tool and the perfect circle album "Mer de Noms" ****ing great music!

Advertisement