Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for House Alarm Fitter

Options
  • 26-11-2004 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend an alarm fitter that would be interested in a nixer? My house is prewired and I have the alarm system all I need is someone to fit it. Its an hours work and a handy way to make an extra few quid. Please PM me if anyone can help. Im in Dublin 15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

would you not try it yourself? They're not that difficult..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Just out of curiosity what type of equipment did you get. Can you post a list of what you got, make of panel, sensors (m/c or not) bell box etc. I might be able to help you out. I think an hour is a little bit optimistic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

If your elecrically / mechanically minded it should be possible for you to fit it yourself. As for taking an hour i'm afraid your way off. It takes me 3-4 hours to do a standard two bed apartment properly and I'm eight years at it.
    Interested to see what equipment you have for the job though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I have to agree with Redshift and jnealon on the time to do it. I recently installed 5 extra shock sensors on various windows on my house for extra security on top of the standard mechanical reed swicthes. I'm not an alarm fitter but know the electrical side of it and how they function and it took me a good few hours. By the time you figure out which way to wire them in, dress the cables neatly on the window frame and eventually get around to test the system, it'll take a lot more than an hour.By the way Redshift, would you drop me a PM and let me know what you charge to do a 2 bed apt. I'll be buying one in Feb in Wexford and don't think I'll have the time to wire it myself. I'm gonna see if I can but I'll have all the equipment.
    Aritech CS350 box with separate keypad.
    PIR in back room, front and back door sensors. Window sensors one 1 front window, one back window.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Real

Here is the link to the system I bought a few weeks ago on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3204&item=5539389115&rd=1

I paid 100 sterling for it.

Your all right too. I am probably being a bit optamistic with my 1 hour installation time but it shouldnt take too long to get up and running. It is designed as an easy to install system. A plug and play type of thing!!

Are any of you interested in installing it for me???

• Advertisement
Advertisement