Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw a 3G phone today

Options
  • 26-11-2004 6:19pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Had a demo if a 3G phone today the V980 and it was class the quality of the video downloads was class anybody else have any thoughts on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

felt sorry for the person giving the demo - i stood around listening before taking a look myself and there was a lot of apologising that the other handsets weren't in stock and that they didn't know the prices of all of them yet etc...

video quality was very good alright - pity only the Moto was available though...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I was very surprised at how much better the handset way than I thought it would be..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Is it possible to do video calls yet?

A voda rep showed me a video call about 3 weeks ago, but i dont think its available to the public yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

you just have to find someone else with a 3g phone - i cant find anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

Any sign of a Nokia 6630 demo from either O2 or Vodafone?

- Neil

• Advertisement

Is it possible to do video calls yet?

A voda rep showed me a video call about 3 weeks ago, but i dont think its available to the public yet?

Been working for at least 9 months ;)

Just a matter of finding someone else with a 3G phone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

I have a 3G Nokia 7600 but Voda won;t let me use it as a 3G so its throttled back to 2g at the moment :(

Does that count ?

M

3G phone that supports video telephony.. Does the 7600 support VT?

I assume you have the Three UK 7600 that is on special offer in CPW in the UK? Are you able to reconfigure the WAP settings away from Three UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

3G phone that supports video telephony.. Does the 7600 support VT?

Nope ... The 7600 does not support VT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Nope , VT not supported as the single camera is on the back , 384k data would nice though ! . I have a partially unlocked one and can't reconfigure wap yet.

M

• Advertisement

You should be able to get a USIM (3G Sim) in an agents store if you are a Postpaid customer. Its impossible for an agent or cust service agent to add a 3G sim onto a RTG account the last time I checked..

Finally got a chance to play with the 663o yesterday evening too.. How impressive it was really caught me off guard.. The UI is so quick and responsive when compared to other S60 handsets its beyong belief.. The camera is also very good, the zoom especially..

Advertisement