Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farewell Phantom FM

Options
  • 03-01-2001 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

the only half decent radio station and im losing it.
    im being forced back to the realm of fm104 and 98fm.
    god help my soul.
    anybody else listen to this jem of a station.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Won't they still be broadcasting programs over the web from PhantomFM.com ?

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

Posted by Pete Reed on January 1, 2001, 14:16:35

Hello and a happy new year to you all. May you get all you hope for :-)

Just a quick reminder about our closedown party which is taking place this Thursday night January 4th in Whelans. Doors open at 8.30, admission £6, runs until 3am. Live bands (Bran'do, Blink and more) and great music. Also, the closedown itself, live from the venue at 11pm. Please be there and help us show the IRTC that even if they doubt an audience exists for good music, that we do!

Also, if you get the chance, please fill in the survey form on the webpage, and if you can, download a petition form and get some signatures. All your help and support is genuinely appreciated and a million thanks to everyone who has helped so far. :-)

Finally, dont forget to stay tuned to Phantom all week this week. We're live from 7am with Steve each day. And after the closedown, we resume live Net broadcasts on Saturday January 20th.

Once again, thanks!

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

PS I'm not Pete Reed............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Phantom FM is the only station I used to listen to when I was living in Dublin.

The only station where you could hear the Pixies and the Breeders at 8:30am (except for American stations)

Remember one day when they played loads of old Scrap Saturday episodes. Great stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

eah I'll miss it. Might go on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

:'( ff's sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

i'm sick of this ultimatly lazy view that phantom are the only good radio station in dublin. They're great if all you want to hear is wilt, bell x1 and the frames along with some late eighties early nineties grunge type stuff that is beginning to sound like it really is 10 years old.
    Fair play to them, they are doin' it for themselves and are not 98fm, but as far as reaching to and playing from contemporary underground bands, xfm and power do a hell of a lot better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

it was my understanding that they were going to be coming back once they got that itc approval or whatever it was that pulled therm off the air.??

Advertisement