Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Wall, Dublin 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Berama wrote: »
    Earth Worm Jim, you are very angry and you need to cool it a bit and look at this a bit objectively. You'll frighten people away from having anything to do with the community. I live in East Wall and love it for various reasons but you must admit that it's pretty filthy - dog c**p and litter everywhere and kids flying around on tiny motorbikes. Lots of anti-social behaviour around the local shop and the chinese. And no, this does not happen everywhere - take it from someone who has lived in other areas. It has many advantages though.

(#1) - I am not angry (quite the opposite) Me actualy very happy living here!:D - I am not the one slating it or its LOCALS!

(#2) - As I said before I welcome people to the area - and have met some great people moving into the area - especialy young families, young couples and all sorts of people - If you read my previous posts - I was reacting to people whom stated the either they were moving in to the area or thinking of moving in to the area and thought the place was a kip, the locals were dirty and the kids were all criminals (well thats the way it sounded??)

(#3) If you knew anything about the area - you would know we have a motorbike track thats actualy shared by the whole northside and its based between fairview, eastwall and clontarf - this was made smaller to accomadate REGENERATION (Office Blocks) - And I never see kids riding their bikes up the roads and I live here - Maybe they push their bikes up the road? - Also you seem to ignore the fact there is lots of great kids in the area and great people working with them - you would know this if you participated in your community??

(#4)You also state you live here and love it and then go on to slate it?? -
    I live in East Wall and love it for various reasons but you must admit that it's pretty filthy - dog c**p and litter everywhere and kids flying around on tiny motorbikes. Lots of anti-social behaviour around the local shop and the chinese. And no, this does not happen everywhere - take it from someone who has lived in other areas. It has many advantages though.
    What I would like to know is what do you do about all this?? |Don't ever remember seeing many dogs round east wall, never mind their crap and the litter you speak about would this be around the new appartment block?? the one near the new shops ( I will go up and sweep out side that just for the new residents) Must ask them to move their cars parked on the footpaths so we can clean them (funny thing that the carkparks in these gated communities are empty?) And as for the chinese - its a takeaway you show me any takeaway that does not have people hanging around and should the chinese and shop owners not be responsible for sweeping the outside of their shops? or will I go over and do that too?:D

(#5) Anti social behaviour? Have yet to see this? Any stories to let me know? have you seen this? What did you do about it? When was the last community meeting? What was it about? Where was it? If you are living in the area surely you should know all this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Isn't there a scrambler bike track down on some of the waste ground near the Alfie Byrne? Perhaps that explains the high numbers of kids on their bikes.

spurious wrote: »
    Isn't there a scrambler bike track down on some of the waste ground near the Alfie Byrne? Perhaps that explains the high numbers of kids on their bikes.

Yes - we used to have a great track out that way for the bikes and it was also used for a jet ski/boat jetty but most was taking back and built on! there is a small track out that way now - built and mantained by the LOCALS as an place for the kids to use - after all its their community - are they not better off using amenities like this ( rather than hanging round street corners) - Or maybe not - it might spoil the view of the pent-houses and office blocks - maybe we should put a wine bar in instead of the motor cross track and just bar kids from the streets altogether?

And it was an actual dump (for yrs it was neglected) but its now expensive land worth 10's of millions an acre:eek:

And this track is as close to fairview and clontarf yet its only the residents of east wall and their anti social kids who are supposed to be bringing the area down (well thats the verdict of some posting on here)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

(#1) |Don't ever remember seeing many dogs round east wall, never mind their crap and the litter you speak about would this be around the new appartment block?? the one near the new shops ( I will go up and sweep out side that just for the new residents) Must ask them to move their cars parked on the footpaths so we can clean them (funny thing that the carkparks in these gated communities are empty?) And as for the chinese - its a takeaway you show me any takeaway that does not have people hanging around and should the chinese and shop owners not be responsible for sweeping the outside of their shops? or will I go over and do that too?:D

(#5) Anti social behaviour? Have yet to see this? Any stories to let me know? have you seen this? What did you do about it? When was the last community meeting? What was it about? Where was it? If you are living in the area surely you should know all this?

I walk through the East Wall twice a day, and the footpaths are covered in Dog Crap - Church Rd, East Rd and The East Wall Road. Have to admit that I very rarely see the Dogs either.

The Litter is a joke - and from what I can see its a 50 /50 mix between builders eating in their cars and throwing rubbish out on the streets when finished, and the kids, they just drop their rubbish on the ground and don’t give a sh it. I have challenged a one child about it and was told in no uncertain terms where to go by a child no older than 7

As for anti social behaviour –
    The area is covered in graffiti – and I don’t think that’s the new residents to the area.

On my way to work a 5 or 6 year old kid that tried to trip me has kicked me on the shin.
    On my way home I have been hit with an apple butt, thrown by a kid outside the Church
    And the tops of them all is being spat on walking by the post office / shop on Church Rd.

Now I’m not saying that these things could not happen anywhere else – but they happened to me in the East Wall.

Then there are the mini bikes and scramblers – I’ve seen them, heard them, and they are been driven on the footpaths and roads. I had my wing mirror snapped off by a kid on a scrambler driving down the footpath on Church Road. While I was parked and in the car I might add

One other point on community spirit.
    There are kids on Church Road not yet in their teens openly smoking on the street as they walk or cycle around. Now its only an observation, but if community spirit is as good here as some make out these kids parents know they smoke as at a minimum their socially responsible neighbours would have informed the parents of what is going on. Which begs another question – do they care? Neighbours or parents? You tell me. Now to put a bit of balance on that I smoked as a teenager (not my greatest decision) – the 1 fundamental difference being it was done behind a derelict shed, hidden away for fear of getting caught.

Having said all that it’s a price I am willing to pay for living where I live. Some of the locals are great, have met a few in the Seabank on Saturday afternoons, and the occasional midweek evening, and all without exception have welcomed me to the area.

Although this as turned out to be a rant, that was not my intention. It’s just that I have eyes, I both see these things and they have happened to me. There is no benefit to any one by denying that the area has issues, and weather it is better or worse than somewhere else is not an argument worth having.

The major plus is there are no issues of a very serious nature, and nothing that can’t be fixed with a little time and effort.

whatnext wrote: »
    I walk through the East Wall twice a day, and the footpaths are covered in Dog Crap - Church Rd, East Rd and The East Wall Road. Have to admit that I very rarely see the Dogs either.

I haven't noticed a lot Dog Crap in east wall ( well no more than anywhere)
    The Litter is a joke - and from what I can see its a 50 /50 mix between builders eating in their cars and throwing rubbish out on the streets when finished, and the kids, they just drop their rubbish on the ground and don’t give a sh it. I have challenged a one child about it and was told in no uncertain terms where to go by a child no older than 7

So builders are throwing rubish - Who would be responisble for that then? The "LOCALS" and the Kids throw rubbish on the ground - I am assuming you mean outside the shops n chippers etc - well show me one place this does not happen? - That mainly the responsibility of the shop owners - unlike d4 and the likes where tax payers money pay for people to sweep the streets, people in areas like east wall sweep outside their own house.
    As for anti social behaviour –
    The area is covered in graffiti – and I don’t think that’s the new residents to the area.

Don't see too much of that either - might be some but no worse that anywhere else.
    On my way to work a 5 or 6 year old kid that tried to trip me has kicked me on the shin.
    On my way home I have been hit with an apple butt, thrown by a kid outside the Church
    And the tops of them all is being spat on walking by the post office / shop on Church Rd.

Now I’m not saying that these things could not happen anywhere else – but they happened to me in the East Wall.
    sounds like you are being picked on for some reason, not sure why but its not the norm and I have never witnessed anything like that at all.
    Then there are the mini bikes and scramblers – I’ve seen them, heard them, and they are been driven on the footpaths and roads. I had my wing mirror snapped off by a kid on a scrambler driving down the footpath on Church Road. While I was parked and in the car I might add

That bike track is a good thing for the whole of the city - where would you like the kids to go - the whole point of it is to keep the kids entertained and give them something to do - And as for them driving down footpaths, I have seen this a few times but yet again not worse than any community. And if you saw a kid on a scrambler drive on a path in a carpark where you park your car do damage to it(Your carpark has a path running trough it?? I live in east wall and thats a puzzler) why didn't you stop them or phone the gaurds? Also if you live beside a park and a dirt track - would that not mean you could see motorbikes??
    One other point on community spirit.
    There are kids on Church Road not yet in their teens openly smoking on the street as they walk or cycle around. Now its only an observation, but if community spirit is as good here as some make out these kids parents know they smoke as at a minimum their socially responsible neighbours would have informed the parents of what is going on. Which begs another question – do they care? Neighbours or parents? You tell me. Now to put a bit of balance on that I smoked as a teenager (not my greatest decision) – the 1 fundamental difference being it was done behind a derelict shed, hidden away for fear of getting caught.
    I get your point with this but do kids not smoke everywhere - or do we just think its only the kids in east wall smoke - I work with the kids in east wall and sherrif street and find the way kids are being portrayed in some of these threads very offensive and totaly untrue - Plus the fact some think we are the worst parents in the country - Like one of them Big developers once said THEY EAT THEIR CHILDREN DOWN THAT NECK OF THE WOODS - yet still they buy land and sell gate communtity life to anyone with the funds??
    Having said all that it’s a price I am willing to pay for living where I live. Some of the locals are great, have met a few in the Seabank on Saturday afternoons, and the occasional midweek evening, and all without exception have welcomed me to the area.
    Do you live there or walk through it on twice a day - as that sounds like you live in one of the gated communities and you run the gauntlet through the battle ground of "LOCALS" to and from work - if so you are exactly what is bad for the area - if you think participating in a community means living there behind gates complianing bout the "LOCALS" is a pain - why live there?? And I make sure you tell the "LOCALS" you met in the seabank house - whom you think are great what you think of their area, kids and parenting skills!
    Although this as turned out to be a rant, that was not my intention. It’s just that I have eyes, I both see these things and they have happened to me. There is no benefit to any one by denying that the area has issues, and weather it is better or worse than somewhere else is not an argument worth having.
    Nobody is saying the place has no issues (where has) and I am not saying its the best place in the world but when people come on ans say I am thinkin moving to an area or living in an area but then go on to slate the area and its people are we not entitled to defend ourselves? Why are these people living here or thinking of buying if its a WARZONE full of Dirty people, criminal kids and unfit parents??

The major plus is there are no issues of a very serious nature, and nothing that can’t be fixed with a little time and effort.

More crap about fixing things - What are you and all these people who wish to change things doing about all these issues? - Or will we just knock the place down and build appartments and just ban kids altogether - maybe we will end up with hundreds of small gated communties and we can all be happy:D

• Advertisement

Just read what you have written Jim.

1/ Have a look at the footpaths - there’s plenty of dog crap - how much more or less than other places is irrelevant.
    2/ "and the Kids throw rubbish on the ground - I am assuming you mean outside the shops n chippers etc - well show me one place this does not happen? " Because it happens somewhere else is it excusable????
    3/ Have a walk down Church road and Shelmalier Road tomorrow and tell me you don’t see much Graffiti. Or is it OK because there is more somewhere else?
    4/ As for me being picked on, well I'm sure every sane person on here will assume I have done something to provoke you little angels it some act of retaliation. Give over. I can assure you I did nothing to instigate any of these incidents - oh, unless wearing a suit counts, should I change before I walk home????
    5/ The little pr!ck that knocked my wing mirror of was off down the road on a green motor bike / scrambler or what ever before I realised what had happened. Do you think that because "you think" I live in a Gated Community what happened is OK??
    6/ Yes kids smoke all over the world -again does that make it ok???? The way the kids are being portrayed is as they are - no different to most of the country - but can you honestly say that is something to be proud of??
    7/ I apologise for the use of the word "Local" - I didn't realise it was an offensive term. What I should have said was, people who lived in the East Wall longer than I have.............
    8/ As for you last comment "More crap about fixing things - What are you and all these people who wish to change things doing about all these issues? - Or will we just knock the place down and build apartments and just ban kids altogether - maybe we will end up with hundreds of small gated communties and we can all be happy" Is it not every person / community and states duty to try improve?????? There is no perfection anywhere, but it should be at a minimum be an aspiration for everyone. Its called progress.

Thank you and good night

Just read what you have written Jim.

1/ Have a look at the footpaths - there’s plenty of dog crap - how much more or less than other places is irrelevant.
    2/ "and the Kids throw rubbish on the ground - I am assuming you mean outside the shops n chippers etc - well show me one place this does not happen? " Because it happens somewhere else is it excusable????
    3/ Have a walk down Church road and Shelmalier Road tomorrow and tell me you don’t see much Graffiti. Or is it OK because there is more somewhere else?
    4/ As for me being picked on, well I'm sure every sane person on here will assume I have done something to provoke you little angels it some act of retaliation. Give over. I can assure you I did nothing to instigate any of these incidents - oh, unless wearing a suit counts, should I change before I walk home????
    5/ The little pr!ck that knocked my wing mirror of was off down the road on a green motor bike / scrambler or what ever before I realised what had happened. Do you think that because "you think" I live in a Gated Community what happened is OK??
    6/ Yes kids smoke all over the world -again does that make it ok???? The way the kids are being portrayed is as they are - no different to most of the country - but can you honestly say that is something to be proud of??
    7/ I apologise for the use of the word "Local" - I didn't realise it was an offensive term. What I should have said was, people who lived in the East Wall longer than I have.............
    8/ As for you last comment "More crap about fixing things - What are you and all these people who wish to change things doing about all these issues? - Or will we just knock the place down and build apartments and just ban kids altogether - maybe we will end up with hundreds of small gated communties and we can all be happy" Is it not every person / community and states duty to try improve?????? There is no perfection anywhere, but it should be at a minimum be an aspiration for everyone. Its called progress.

Thank you and good night

Good Night "whatnext" I look forward to a communty full of forward thinking people like yourself - I look forward to your contribution to our community - sure our kid free, rubbish free, grafity free and motor bike free community will be great when we sort out the issues
    I look forward to hearing your ideas at the next community meeting;)

I also hope your appartment in LH2 (Lighthouse 2) has increased in value over the period you own it as I would hate for you to be stuck in a place with all these problems such as East Wall while not be able to profit or worse maybe you won't be able to sell your appartment at all - seeing as your living in the GHETTO - sure you will be alright if you dress in tracksuits and pyjamas like the natives :rolleyes:- maybe its the suit sure we don't know what they are at all down here - we are too busy throwing litter off our scramblers while walking all our dogs to let them crap everywhere;)

And I like the term LOCALS - its a nice homely feeling to it - sure we are like pigs in muck down here with all the dog crap knocking about:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭merrionsq

Good Night "whatnext" I look forward to a communty full of forward thinking people like yourself - I look forward to your contribution to our community - sure our kid free, rubbish free, grafity free and motor bike free community will be great when we sort out the issues I look forward to hearing your ideas at the next community meeting;)

Jim, he made some valid points there, if people live in an area they can't help seeing this stuff with their own eyes.

It's too late for me now, but I'd love to hear your contributions at these meetings. I presume you're clapping everyone on the back on what great community spirit there is. Announcing yet again that everything is grand, and it should never, ever, change. In any way. The main cause of concern is "new people", and dissenters, some of them maybe even from the mysterious land of "d4".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I walk through East Wall everyday to get to work too and I have to say I admire the community and the friendliness of the people in the shops. You just don't get that anywhere else in town. Sure there is also the dog crap and the rubbish and the ugly kids but that's what Dublin is to me. Not all the wannabe anyothercity in the planet manicured areas everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

@ Earthworm Jim and Whatnext... Apart from minor disagreements on small issues the two of you seem to be singing off the same hymn sheet to be honest.

• Advertisement

I am going to state this again - We WELCOME new come'rs to our community - what I was being Vocal about was people stating I am moving or thinking of moving into East Wall but I think its a kip, the locals are dirty, bad parents, and the kids are animals - just read some of the previous posts - Now If you want to join a community thats not the way to start, I have also spoke of the new come'rs being active in their new community (not just their residents assoc for their gated community)

As for the community meeting were we all back clap and say things are grand (as said by merrionsq) for a start the whole of the inner city and most of dublin was plaqued by drugs and crime for years (no too long ago) and it was not the police or politicians who sorted this, it was communities like East Wall who stood up to the scourge and hence improved their community for both young and old, new and long term residents;)

In one post you have someone saying the kids smoke and then going on to blame the parents and neighbours?? - And complaining about litter everywhere too - well just to clear things up - we sweep our own streets - the problem with the litter is mainly around these new developments, the shops and the building sites - but this is a problem caused by the dirty locals and their kids (FFS) maybe if people looked at it from a locals side you could see most of the litter is not caused by any of the locals but hey sure once its outside the gates its the locals problem:confused:

I am going to state this once again - WE WELCOME NEW PEOPLE TO THE COMMUNITY - just don't state we will have a nice community if the locals were not there - as thats basicaly what some are saying:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

East Wall getting bad press from a tabloid about alleged racist attacks.
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/racist-attacks-force-asian-families-to-flee-their-homes-1438807.html

gurramok wrote: »
    East Wall getting bad press from a tabloid about alleged racist attacks.
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/racist-attacks-force-asian-families-to-flee-their-homes-1438807.html

Cant wait to see the response to this!!!

I'm sure Jim will think its not an issue because something simillar happened somewhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Though to be fair, its mostly a small group of kids causing trouble, not really adults.

They would still attack you for wearing a different coloured shirt and that can happen anywhere.

Cant wait to see the response to this!!!

I'm sure Jim will think its not an issue because something simillar happened somewhere else

No I think it is terrible actualy - any sort of anti-social behaviour or racist behaviour is to be frowned on :mad:

But before you go on and blame the "locals" or say the parents were to blame there is a couple of facts you may like to hear -

(1)
    He added that the gardai were "quickly on the scene" because of recent crimes such as two armed robberies of local businesses.

The culprits in both these crimes were arrested (money and guns recovered) and funny enough they did not come from East Wall - I know this for a fact - and is there not plenty of armed robberies in the more affluent areas of dublin - does the fact that an armed robbery occurs mean its a bad place or the "locals" are responisble.

(2)
    Local Councillor Christy Burke said he was "not surprised" by the incident, saying the area had been plagued by a group of youths from "all over the inner city" who were intimidating locals.

Now while I know this happened in East Wall and its a very serious matter - but I also know for a fact that one (maybe both) of the youths arrested for this was not even from East Wall - that doesn't mean its right but it wasn't a "local" so It was NOT caused by one of the
    bad parents or neighbours who let them smoke and don't care about their kids at all.

Now while yourself has such a low opinion of the area and its people - why do you live there? - If I thought a place was as bad as you discribed I would move - I am not trying to defend what happened but just stating some facts - do you now think we are all racists aswell as dirty unfit parents with criminal kids and owners of dogs that just sh!t everywhere.

I also noticed earlier tonight that there seems to be plenty of rubbish and dog sh!te around the IFSC, Fairview and Clontarf - seemed like there where a good few kids hanging round too - sure there was even "Gangland Killings" in both the IFSC and Clontarf in the recent past - Three armed robberies in the clontarf/bayside/baldoyle area - Now who is to blame for this? Would it be the people from your new community causing all these problems?

Also while you may have some sort of problem with me picking up for the area I grew up and live in and you seem to imply I think that there is no problems in the Area - you are very wrong - I KNOW that it ain't all rosey in the community and have never said different - its just I and plenty of people from the community participate to try to improve the area for the better, I don't sit back and hope someone else will do it for us - Its yourself who seems to be delighted at the bad publicity in your new community (probably just so you could get the balls to give your smart arse comment implied at me;) and to have a dig at your new community:D Nice move;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Madge07

Hi All

I was also thinking of buying in east wall, It seems like a great area, walk through it as much as i can to try get a feel for the place. Would like to get involved with the community if i decide to buy there, at present i am involved in my resisdents ass were i live now. so hopefully i might be able to give some of my experience to my new community.

At the moment i am looking at two different apts on east road,

I was wondering about the apts called Teeling Way, I have been told they are Dublin City Council owned. They seen a bit run down do they not have a management company. I have no problem with Council homes, i had my name on AF housing list. I have been down that road at all times of the day and night sussing out the area before i commit to buying.

I had a friend that rented on caledon Court and he has told me its a bit of a mad place, noise at all hours of the day and night especially night time.

As i said i have no problem with council homes, but all the same i would not like to be woken during the night, on a regular basis. I don't mind the odd time.

If anyone can advise.
    Cheers
    Madge

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Madge07 wrote: »
    Would like to get involved with the community if i decide to buy there, at present i am involved in my resisdents ass were i live now. so hopefully i might be able to give some of my experience to my new community.
    Wait, what?

Childish of me I know :)

Madge07 wrote: »
    Hi All

I was also thinking of buying in east wall, It seems like a great area, walk through it as much as i can to try get a feel for the place. Would like to get involved with the community if i decide to buy there, at present i am involved in my resisdents ass were i live now. so hopefully i might be able to give some of my experience to my new community.

At the moment i am looking at two different apts on east road,

I was wondering about the apts called Teeling Way, I have been told they are Dublin City Council owned. They seen a bit run down do they not have a management company. I have no problem with Council homes, i had my name on AF housing list. I have been down that road at all times of the day and night sussing out the area before i commit to buying.

I had a friend that rented on caledon Court and he has told me its a bit of a mad place, noise at all hours of the day and night especially night time.

As i said i have no problem with council homes, but all the same i would not like to be woken during the night, on a regular basis. I don't mind the odd time.

If anyone can advise.
    Cheers
    Madge

Teeling way is a mix of social housing and affordable housing (no private housing at all) also 90% of the houses in east wall are/were corporation houses so anyone thinking of moving wouldn't want to mind council houses.

There will be two big-ish developments opening on that road soon - island key and another one (name escapes me) AFAIK 20% of these will be social and affordable housing - parking and traffic are the main problems on that raod at the moment and it seems it will get worse - a fair few industrial yards are still situated on that road and it very busy in the day time.

One thing I would point out to you is the fact you could probably buy a 2/3 bed house for the price of an appartment;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭merrionsq

are/were corporation houses

That could be the difference between buying and not buying.

People who bought their houses tend to look after them better. Also, some of the houses in East Wall have already been re-sold a few times, which each new owner adding improvements to them.

If the potential neighbours have front/back garden/yard space - check out how its maintained. Do the usual checks on who you could expect to be living beside.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Replicate

Am in the process of moving to a house in East Wall (currently doing up the place). Before we decided to go through with the purchase I had a look through this thread (yep, all the way from the start...) and also checked out the development plan.

I have to say a few things...first, I am so happy to soon move into a house which I find amazing (large 3 bed and a huge garden). :)

Second, East Wall is probably the best location in Dublin (being a bit self-centered here as I work in East Point) and I think it will be even better when the metro has been built and the horrible printing place and the cement factory are gone...

Last but not least, I think it is time for people to move from the discussion as to whether East Wall is a place of thugs and badly behaved kids to how we can make the neighbourhood ours. The fact is that East Wall has (had) a bad reputation and some of the kids are very badly behaved. But that is the case everywhere else I have been in Dublin (currently live in a rented flat off Griffith Avenue). The difference is not as to whether there are people who are missbehaving, but what we do about it. Right?
    So, I think it is about time we actually start being a bit more creative and positive and start discussing how the area can be improved and what we as both "old" and "new" locals can do. We cannot rely on the city counsil to do it for us...

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 turtleb

Good day to you all ... I'm presently putting together a short history of the Docklands and have of course found plenty going on in East Wall and North Wall, as well as the whole Poolbeg - Ringsend - Irishtown - Pearse Street area ... I'm uploading new information all the time but always interested in feedback ... the relevant page is http://www.turtlebunbury.com/published/published_books/docklands/pub_books_docklands_index.html ... oh yes, anyone with any suitable photos, I'm game on ...
    Best for now, Turtle

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

Replicate wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

Well whoever torched the car on my street the night before last made a start in 'cleaning up' the area anyway - it had been searched by the guards three or four times in the last few months, at least. Now I just wonder how long the car will be left there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Were it to have 'lost' its plates in the fire, it wouldn't stay there long at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

spurious wrote: »
    Were it to have 'lost' its plates in the fire, it wouldn't stay there long at all.

Was gone when I got home. The noise from that house has dropped considerably although I'd say if it wasn't done by the owner for insurance and the whole garda interest in it he's probably well aware of who it was and a little revenge may be coming. Nothing like a game of tit for tat on your street to brighten things up at 3am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 NickyNin

Try Quinn Direct - they quoted me even though some houses in my area have flooded and my house is pre 1900 AND hasn't been re-plumbed

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

we bought a 2 bed in island-key and got the snag date for the end of september/early october....i was really looking forward to it and had put asside the bad things people had said about the area (it always seems ok when we walk down) - but i see last Sunday night at 10am there was a shooting on West Road in East Wall....i hope the area is ok, more worried about my girlfriend walkin home etc...anyone any experience with the area in general? I realise shootings etc can happen anywhere. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Dmaurice wrote: »
    we bought a 2 bed in island-key and got the snag date for the end of september/early october....i was really looking forward to it and had put asside the bad things people had said about the area (it always seems ok when we walk down) - but i see last Sunday night at 10am there was a shooting on West Road in East Wall....i hope the area is ok, more worried about my girlfriend walkin home etc...anyone any experience with the area in general? I realise shootings etc can happen anywhere. thanks.

she'll be fine. East Wall is a lovely quiet area. I walk along it 4 nights a week after dark. Never a sinner around.

thanks - i hope so! do you live in the area? we cant wait to move in and get sorted! Do you know the nearest dart? some people say Connolly and some say Clontarf...i have to get the dart to shankil for work so need to figure that out! thanks for your help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I do indeed live nearby, not 'classed' as East Wall but is between North Strand and there :D

I would go for Connolly, just to stop myself going backwards to go forwards to Shankhill, however I am not 100% as to which is nearer, it's a very close call.

I would hate to commute to Shankhill every day though, or even 5 times a week :pac:

• Advertisement

cheers..i guess i'll have to do a trial to each dart! i get the dart now to shankil from grand canal dock - its grand once your on the train! Thanks for the advice on the area...we were actually thinkin of pulling out! I hope your right anyway! Sure, there is so much development going on there right now anyway what with the Point, Spenceer Dock and the LUAS... we paid 340k for a 2 bed (with all the appliances included etc). I hope its nice, we havent seen it yet!!! Even though the prices have dropped i still think 340k is a good buy for city centre. Fingers crossed!!! :)

Advertisement