Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

East Wall, Dublin 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

I am going to state this again - We WELCOME new come'rs to our community - what I was being Vocal about was people stating I am moving or thinking of moving into East Wall but I think its a kip, the locals are dirty, bad parents, and the kids are animals - just read some of the previous posts - Now If you want to join a community thats not the way to start, I have also spoke of the new come'rs being active in their new community (not just their residents assoc for their gated community)

As for the community meeting were we all back clap and say things are grand (as said by merrionsq) for a start the whole of the inner city and most of dublin was plaqued by drugs and crime for years (no too long ago) and it was not the police or politicians who sorted this, it was communities like East Wall who stood up to the scourge and hence improved their community for both young and old, new and long term residents;)

In one post you have someone saying the kids smoke and then going on to blame the parents and neighbours?? - And complaining about litter everywhere too - well just to clear things up - we sweep our own streets - the problem with the litter is mainly around these new developments, the shops and the building sites - but this is a problem caused by the dirty locals and their kids (FFS) maybe if people looked at it from a locals side you could see most of the litter is not caused by any of the locals but hey sure once its outside the gates its the locals problem:confused:

I am going to state this once again - WE WELCOME NEW PEOPLE TO THE COMMUNITY - just don't state we will have a nice community if the locals were not there - as thats basicaly what some are saying:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

East Wall getting bad press from a tabloid about alleged racist attacks.
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/racist-attacks-force-asian-families-to-flee-their-homes-1438807.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭whatnext

gurramok wrote: »
    East Wall getting bad press from a tabloid about alleged racist attacks.
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/racist-attacks-force-asian-families-to-flee-their-homes-1438807.html

Cant wait to see the response to this!!!

I'm sure Jim will think its not an issue because something simillar happened somewhere else

Though to be fair, its mostly a small group of kids causing trouble, not really adults.

They would still attack you for wearing a different coloured shirt and that can happen anywhere.

whatnext wrote: »
    Cant wait to see the response to this!!!

I'm sure Jim will think its not an issue because something simillar happened somewhere else

No I think it is terrible actualy - any sort of anti-social behaviour or racist behaviour is to be frowned on :mad:

But before you go on and blame the "locals" or say the parents were to blame there is a couple of facts you may like to hear -

(1)
    He added that the gardai were "quickly on the scene" because of recent crimes such as two armed robberies of local businesses.

The culprits in both these crimes were arrested (money and guns recovered) and funny enough they did not come from East Wall - I know this for a fact - and is there not plenty of armed robberies in the more affluent areas of dublin - does the fact that an armed robbery occurs mean its a bad place or the "locals" are responisble.

(2)
    Local Councillor Christy Burke said he was "not surprised" by the incident, saying the area had been plagued by a group of youths from "all over the inner city" who were intimidating locals.

Now while I know this happened in East Wall and its a very serious matter - but I also know for a fact that one (maybe both) of the youths arrested for this was not even from East Wall - that doesn't mean its right but it wasn't a "local" so It was NOT caused by one of the
    bad parents or neighbours who let them smoke and don't care about their kids at all.

Now while yourself has such a low opinion of the area and its people - why do you live there? - If I thought a place was as bad as you discribed I would move - I am not trying to defend what happened but just stating some facts - do you now think we are all racists aswell as dirty unfit parents with criminal kids and owners of dogs that just sh!t everywhere.

I also noticed earlier tonight that there seems to be plenty of rubbish and dog sh!te around the IFSC, Fairview and Clontarf - seemed like there where a good few kids hanging round too - sure there was even "Gangland Killings" in both the IFSC and Clontarf in the recent past - Three armed robberies in the clontarf/bayside/baldoyle area - Now who is to blame for this? Would it be the people from your new community causing all these problems?

Also while you may have some sort of problem with me picking up for the area I grew up and live in and you seem to imply I think that there is no problems in the Area - you are very wrong - I KNOW that it ain't all rosey in the community and have never said different - its just I and plenty of people from the community participate to try to improve the area for the better, I don't sit back and hope someone else will do it for us - Its yourself who seems to be delighted at the bad publicity in your new community (probably just so you could get the balls to give your smart arse comment implied at me;) and to have a dig at your new community:D Nice move;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Madge07

Hi All

I was also thinking of buying in east wall, It seems like a great area, walk through it as much as i can to try get a feel for the place. Would like to get involved with the community if i decide to buy there, at present i am involved in my resisdents ass were i live now. so hopefully i might be able to give some of my experience to my new community.

At the moment i am looking at two different apts on east road,

I was wondering about the apts called Teeling Way, I have been told they are Dublin City Council owned. They seen a bit run down do they not have a management company. I have no problem with Council homes, i had my name on AF housing list. I have been down that road at all times of the day and night sussing out the area before i commit to buying.

I had a friend that rented on caledon Court and he has told me its a bit of a mad place, noise at all hours of the day and night especially night time.

As i said i have no problem with council homes, but all the same i would not like to be woken during the night, on a regular basis. I don't mind the odd time.

If anyone can advise.
    Cheers
    Madge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Madge07 wrote: »
    Would like to get involved with the community if i decide to buy there, at present i am involved in my resisdents ass were i live now. so hopefully i might be able to give some of my experience to my new community.
    Wait, what?

Childish of me I know :)

Madge07 wrote: »
    Hi All

I was also thinking of buying in east wall, It seems like a great area, walk through it as much as i can to try get a feel for the place. Would like to get involved with the community if i decide to buy there, at present i am involved in my resisdents ass were i live now. so hopefully i might be able to give some of my experience to my new community.

At the moment i am looking at two different apts on east road,

I was wondering about the apts called Teeling Way, I have been told they are Dublin City Council owned. They seen a bit run down do they not have a management company. I have no problem with Council homes, i had my name on AF housing list. I have been down that road at all times of the day and night sussing out the area before i commit to buying.

I had a friend that rented on caledon Court and he has told me its a bit of a mad place, noise at all hours of the day and night especially night time.

As i said i have no problem with council homes, but all the same i would not like to be woken during the night, on a regular basis. I don't mind the odd time.

If anyone can advise.
    Cheers
    Madge

Teeling way is a mix of social housing and affordable housing (no private housing at all) also 90% of the houses in east wall are/were corporation houses so anyone thinking of moving wouldn't want to mind council houses.

There will be two big-ish developments opening on that road soon - island key and another one (name escapes me) AFAIK 20% of these will be social and affordable housing - parking and traffic are the main problems on that raod at the moment and it seems it will get worse - a fair few industrial yards are still situated on that road and it very busy in the day time.

One thing I would point out to you is the fact you could probably buy a 2/3 bed house for the price of an appartment;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭merrionsq

are/were corporation houses

That could be the difference between buying and not buying.

People who bought their houses tend to look after them better. Also, some of the houses in East Wall have already been re-sold a few times, which each new owner adding improvements to them.

If the potential neighbours have front/back garden/yard space - check out how its maintained. Do the usual checks on who you could expect to be living beside.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Replicate

Am in the process of moving to a house in East Wall (currently doing up the place). Before we decided to go through with the purchase I had a look through this thread (yep, all the way from the start...) and also checked out the development plan.

I have to say a few things...first, I am so happy to soon move into a house which I find amazing (large 3 bed and a huge garden). :)

Second, East Wall is probably the best location in Dublin (being a bit self-centered here as I work in East Point) and I think it will be even better when the metro has been built and the horrible printing place and the cement factory are gone...

Last but not least, I think it is time for people to move from the discussion as to whether East Wall is a place of thugs and badly behaved kids to how we can make the neighbourhood ours. The fact is that East Wall has (had) a bad reputation and some of the kids are very badly behaved. But that is the case everywhere else I have been in Dublin (currently live in a rented flat off Griffith Avenue). The difference is not as to whether there are people who are missbehaving, but what we do about it. Right?
    So, I think it is about time we actually start being a bit more creative and positive and start discussing how the area can be improved and what we as both "old" and "new" locals can do. We cannot rely on the city counsil to do it for us...

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 turtleb

Good day to you all ... I'm presently putting together a short history of the Docklands and have of course found plenty going on in East Wall and North Wall, as well as the whole Poolbeg - Ringsend - Irishtown - Pearse Street area ... I'm uploading new information all the time but always interested in feedback ... the relevant page is http://www.turtlebunbury.com/published/published_books/docklands/pub_books_docklands_index.html ... oh yes, anyone with any suitable photos, I'm game on ...
    Best for now, Turtle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

Replicate wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

Well whoever torched the car on my street the night before last made a start in 'cleaning up' the area anyway - it had been searched by the guards three or four times in the last few months, at least. Now I just wonder how long the car will be left there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Were it to have 'lost' its plates in the fire, it wouldn't stay there long at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

spurious wrote: »
    Were it to have 'lost' its plates in the fire, it wouldn't stay there long at all.

Was gone when I got home. The noise from that house has dropped considerably although I'd say if it wasn't done by the owner for insurance and the whole garda interest in it he's probably well aware of who it was and a little revenge may be coming. Nothing like a game of tit for tat on your street to brighten things up at 3am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 NickyNin

Try Quinn Direct - they quoted me even though some houses in my area have flooded and my house is pre 1900 AND hasn't been re-plumbed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

we bought a 2 bed in island-key and got the snag date for the end of september/early october....i was really looking forward to it and had put asside the bad things people had said about the area (it always seems ok when we walk down) - but i see last Sunday night at 10am there was a shooting on West Road in East Wall....i hope the area is ok, more worried about my girlfriend walkin home etc...anyone any experience with the area in general? I realise shootings etc can happen anywhere. thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Dmaurice wrote: »
    we bought a 2 bed in island-key and got the snag date for the end of september/early october....i was really looking forward to it and had put asside the bad things people had said about the area (it always seems ok when we walk down) - but i see last Sunday night at 10am there was a shooting on West Road in East Wall....i hope the area is ok, more worried about my girlfriend walkin home etc...anyone any experience with the area in general? I realise shootings etc can happen anywhere. thanks.

she'll be fine. East Wall is a lovely quiet area. I walk along it 4 nights a week after dark. Never a sinner around.

thanks - i hope so! do you live in the area? we cant wait to move in and get sorted! Do you know the nearest dart? some people say Connolly and some say Clontarf...i have to get the dart to shankil for work so need to figure that out! thanks for your help! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I do indeed live nearby, not 'classed' as East Wall but is between North Strand and there :D

I would go for Connolly, just to stop myself going backwards to go forwards to Shankhill, however I am not 100% as to which is nearer, it's a very close call.

I would hate to commute to Shankhill every day though, or even 5 times a week :pac:

• Advertisement

cheers..i guess i'll have to do a trial to each dart! i get the dart now to shankil from grand canal dock - its grand once your on the train! Thanks for the advice on the area...we were actually thinkin of pulling out! I hope your right anyway! Sure, there is so much development going on there right now anyway what with the Point, Spenceer Dock and the LUAS... we paid 340k for a 2 bed (with all the appliances included etc). I hope its nice, we havent seen it yet!!! Even though the prices have dropped i still think 340k is a good buy for city centre. Fingers crossed!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ronnieboy

[hi tony im also from east wall and its still a kip. ive moved away also do you no me my name is <SNIP> and im from <SNIP> gardens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ronnieboy

i was born in east wall and i am glad i grew up there. ive learned to take no crap. ron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭merrionsq

A man was shot dead outside his home last night by a gunman as young as 15 after he confronted a group who had been tormenting him.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/teen-gunman-shoots-man-dead-outside-his-home-1566878.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

arrested a 13 year old...

Judging from the addresses of where the incident happened and where some people on this thread have bought apts/houses, i think one or two here might even know the victim and/or perpetrator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭andywozhere

Táck wrote: »
    arrested a 13 year old...

How the hell does a thirteen year old get a gun. Unbelievable. Used to live in East Wall, never seemed that dangerous. Eggs I would expect, guns in the hands of 13-year-olds, I would not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭notjim

I used to live in the East Wall and liked everything about it except the difficulties caused by some groups of kids; rallying cars, throwing stones, shouting abuse. I chased some kids once who broke a window of the house and ended up arguing with them, one said that I was lucky his brother wasn't with them since he had a gun and would shot me. I didn't take that seriously at the time, though I didn't get far giving out about my window. I can't help but think about that now.

The poor man, terrible for him and his family and friends and for the people in the area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Little pricks..the only thing they understand is a good hiding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Thaleus_

I wasn't at home last night but I it's a end of terrace on Shelmalier so it's one of two houses within a couple of yards from my home. It's totally tragic for his family and it could have been me or a neighbour of mine on Shelmalier.

The anti-social behaviour of locals from the community (and they are NOT outsiders as is so often peddled) has got to be tackled by all of us as this is out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭professorpete

Jesus that's scary, just moved in around the corner from where that shooting happened last night; I always said about the spate of recent shootings in Dublin that it's between rival gangs, etc and that "civilians" aren't usually affected, bar being in the wrong place at the wrong time -

This, though, is just crazy; you could look at someone the wrong way and lose your life in seconds flat... teenagers that hang around in gangs around East wall can be intimidating, but I always thought they were harmless really; just trying to impress their mates; this puts a different complexoin on things if they're using guns to impress....

Realy hope it's an isolated incident, and that the community comes together- old residents and new- to make it clear that it's not going to continue..

PS my thoughts are with the man's family; I read that he lived with his son on Shelamier Rd. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember a very similar incident on church road about ten years ago. Two brothers chased a gang of teenagers from their house which the teenagers were vandalising and they got badly beaten up.

Shocking stuff, terrible for the community. Looks like parents will have to start caring about what their little angels are at at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

lightening wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember a very similar incident on church road about ten years ago. Two brothers chased a gang of teenagers from their house which the teenagers were vandalising and they got badly beaten up.

Shocking stuff, terrible for the community. Looks like parents will have to start caring about what their little angels are at at night.

You might be talking about the incident, something similiar when a guy was stabbed through the heart on Caledon Rd with a poker from a fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Scallop

I live there myself and see the SAME youths involved in every incident mentioned here. I myself have been a victim of there taunts and stone throwing

Something needs to be done to rid them from the chinese and the area. They are instilling fear into people, terrorizing them and now this MURDER.
    That poor man and his family.

If nothing is done..Whats next.
    There are roughly 5 of them that are the rotten core of the youths that are involved.

The garda told me they have had them up in court several times but the judge said on one of the occasions...get this...the parents of this child cannot afford a proper dinner for him and this is where the child eats (the chinese). So in effect the child (youth) can continue to hang around the shop. The case was struck out. It seems the garda cant do anything about it.
    These kids are rabid animals.

Dont people think its time to do something other than hiding behind their net curtains waiting for the next batch of eggs to hit their house???

Scallop wrote: »
    I live there myself and see the SAME youths involved in every incident mentioned here. I myself have been a victim of there taunts and stone throwing

Something needs to be done to rid them from the chinese and the area. They are instilling fear into people, terrorizing them and now this MURDER.

There are roughly 5 of them that are the rotten core of the youths that are involved.

The garda told me they have had them up in court several times but the judge said on one of the occasions...get this...the parents of this child cannot afford a proper dinner for him and this is where the child eats (the chinese). So in effect the child (youth) can continue to hang around the shop. The case was struck out. It seems the garda cant do anything about it.

Dont people think its time to do something other than hiding behind their net curtains waiting for the next batch of eggs to hit their house???

Run the ****ers out of the area.They did it often enough with drug dealers and it should be the same with these scumbags.Anybody spoken to SF about them?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

My earliest memory is when I was 2 and a half (1972)standing outside the corner shop that was midway down West road eating a curlywurly and looking across the road at a gang of bootboys lighting a bonfire against the railway wall. Then being ushered into our house (which was next door to the shop) as a hail of stones came flying over. We moved house shotly after. The place hasn't recently gone mad...it just hasn't changed much. Pity as it's a cracking area with good people.
    It always struck me as a place that goes along...quiet, quiet, quiet...MAD EVENT!, quiet, quiet, quiet.

I love the area so much but its time, otherwise they will walk over everyone there with **** covered runners.

When the racist attacks happened a while back. THe family had to move out around 11pm that evening. 6 or so taxis for their worldy goods came while garda kept it safe for them. All there gear was taken from the house and they were gone.

THe kids that terrorized the family were laughing at the garda and everyone else earlier that day.
    They dont care.

Theres far too much apathy and people sitting on their hands nowadays.

The racist attack and running out of that family was a particularly shameful episode in East Wall, or so I thought until this murder. Since then I've witnessed racist taunts on Shelmalier Road and started receiving minor verbal abuse from the lads that hang around outside a house on Caledon Road (terraces nearest East Road junction).

I take what you say about sitting behind the net curtains but it's the Gardai that need to taking responsibility for this. I'm heading home and if there's a community meeting I'll be attending and do my bit to pressurise all guards and politicians.

Can you tell me where the community meetings are held?
    I would like to attend.

As my previous post mentioned re the Garda bringing them to court. Its the age these kids are at which is making it difficult for the Garda (and judges that havent a notion of whats really going on) to do anything on a long term basis

Irish times ealrier:
    Sinn Féin Dublin City councillor Christy Burke said East Wall residents have been "crying out" for action in recent months as the area slid further out of control”.

“People on the street will tell you that youngsters in the area are regularly carrying guns with them. We cannot allow such a situation to continue. We need action,” he said. He called for a “robust” Garda response, including increased patrols and the strategic use of CCTV in flashpoint areas.

I've been absent for a while but my pal on Shelmalier was at the last couple of meetings -- I'd say there'll probably be some movement when you go home -- perhaps a leaflet drop or go to the centra and see if there's anything on the noticeboard or just call into the neighbours to find out.

If I hear anything specific I'll post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Thaleus_ wrote: »
    The racist attack and running out of that family was a particularly shameful episode in East Wall, or so I thought until this murder. Since then I've witnessed racist taunts on Shelmalier Road and started receiving minor verbal abuse from the lads that hang around outside a house on Caledon Road (terraces nearest East Road junction).

I take what you say about sitting behind the net curtains but it's the Gardai that need to taking responsibility for this. I'm heading home and if there's a community meeting I'll be attending and do my bit to pressurise all guards and politicians.

I too have been subject to some abuse from those lads. Beforehand it just seemed like idle chat, a bit of slagging etc. Just last week their tone appeared to change. One of them stood up to me and I was taken aback at first but now I realise how lucky I was to have laughed it off. I feel appalled at what has happened to that poor man and I feel so sorry for his family.

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    Pity as it's a cracking area with good people.

I've actually never seen a community spirit like it anywhere else.

You know the sad thing about Eastwall, there's ONE family and its friends who are responsible for the vast majority of social problems in the area.

Of course I won't name them here, but anyone from Eastwall will know who I'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Berama

Scallop wrote: »

If they're so poor and undernourished maybe they could eat some of those eggs instead of throwing them
    What's all this about a Polish family - what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

Enjoy livin in da ghetto Earthworm Jim!! Somehow a gated community sounds quite comfortable!!:D

The community there should protest or something to show their anger at the scummers families.
    They should unite in the open and show no fear, there is weight in numbers to say we're taking no more crap.

Degsy wrote: »

That poor lad Tony, he's a harmless git. Love's Liverpool and Elvis, I'm not sure what his handicap is exactly. Years ago he'd have been described as ''a little slow''.

But he's a lovely bloke, lives with his elderly dad and in the last few years his life has been made hell by the same shower of **** stains we're all talking about here.

To think, the person who posted that on youtube went out of his way to goad Tony into doing this just so he (the scumbag youtube poster) could get cheap kicks.

Absolute bastards. They'll put Tony and his Dad into early graves too.

Thanks for digging that up Degsy, but my blood is boiling now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Tony and all his badges. Can't believe someone videoed himself taunting and jeering a special needs person who is obviously scared.

His full name is on the comment's of the youtube clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Mairt wrote: »
    That poor lad Tony, he's a harmless git. Love's Liverpool and Elvis, I'm not sure what his handicap is exactly.

probably close to scratch judging by the quality of that swing

I know that guy who was shot and he was one of the nicest chaps you could ever meet, he was into fixing up bikes and cars, even worked on all the young lads mopeds and scramblers for free, he and his son never bothered anyone, but some lads(kids) were acting the bollox messing with his cars and he stood up to them, not totaly sure what went down but it seems he was shot by a young teen, probably 13yr old, now where are 13yr olds getting hand guns? they ain't getting them in lucky bags! There seems to be a free for all on access to handguns at the moment and everywhere not just the innercity..

Plus this place is on lock down at the moment, must be 20 armed response vehicals plus lots of gaurds on patrol, yet 13-16yr olds are allowed hang round and cause mayhem.. I agree that this has gotten worse and is mainly caused by drugs and drug dealers.. the guns are comming from somewhere!

And that TONY clip is disgraceful and should be reported to utube, tony and his eldery father had trouble before and it was dealt with, it won't be happening again!

At the moment there are a few different groups working with in the community, there are meetings and drop in centres in the youth centre at strangfort place(lane beside post office) plus a youth centre in the playground on russel avenue(based for the younger kids) anyone from the area should know of the new community centre whhich will be open early next yr, there is also meetings for the eldery in both the credit union and teeling way.. there are lots of actions being taken to twart anti social behaviour and inprove the overall area, including some of the new "gated communities" and new developements, a handfull of youths have cause havok and this is and will be dealt with at some stage, maybe sooner than later after the sad events of last night ( my sympathies go out to the family and you can bet they will have plenty of support from the community)

If people really care about getting involved in this community, the best thing to is attend all "docklands DDDA meeting" and voice your anger opinions and ideas, i attend these and 20 people turn up mainly eldery residents, more people would help and the guards and the community of north wall have a policing board and regular meetings were opinions are voiced and listened to.

There are local TDs too, Christ Burke(SF) Cryprian Brady(FF) Joe/emer Costelo(labour) People need to stand up and be counted. I can see some sort of action being taken but what I don't know, some of these kids do actualy come from good families, its just gone crazy everywhere with the drug culture of some of the youths and adults alike, its happening everywhere.

Also a lot of people blame the parents, which can have a some factor on how there children behave, but some kids from good families do just go off the rails no matter what good parents do, plus this sensless murder was committed by teens on a sunday night which ain't exactly anti social hrs, how could a parent know their 13yr child could be armed and going to commit such a crime? especialy at that time of the day in broad daylight in front of loads of people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Clarity_Process

This latest killing is shocking, its getting serious if 13 year olds are able to freely get hold of firearms, whether they are legally or illegally held.

Christy Burke is a Sinn Féin city councillor I think. He has a clinic down in Fassaugh Avenue in Cabra and the Larkin Centre in Sean MacDermott Street on Tuesdays.

Advertisement