Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music to climb mountains to...

Options
  • 12-01-2001 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me the name of the artist/tune playing in Tom Cruise's headphones as he climbs the side of that mountain/cliff-face/whatever at the beginning of M:I2?

It's not on the soundtrack, ...is it?

bard2.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It is, there are two discs, the first being the 'music from and inspired by' which is a bit crap, and the other being the far superior Hans Zimmer soundtrack.

Zimmer also did Gladiator and you can hear that in this, there is some nice flamenco guitar, techno, and the best ever cover of 'Iko Iko' too. Recommended smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ok... so what's it called then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Iko Iko by The Belle Stars. Also on the Rainman soundtrack. At least, thats what it sounds like..

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by plastic membrane:
    Iko Iko by The Belle Stars. Also on the Rainman soundtrack. At least, thats what it sounds like..
    </font>

Sounds like you're right, PM...

/me goes off to find CD's full of that kinda music...

*boppa boppa boppa chikka chikka boom boom*

bard2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The version of 'Iko Iko' on the soundtrack cd is by Zap Mama (whoever they are), however it does note that a different version was used in the film.

As it's six months or whatever since the film was in the cinemas I can't remember if the version in the film is the Belle Stars one - it's been covered by quite a lot of people.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    The version of 'Iko Iko' on the soundtrack cd is by Zap Mama (whoever they are), however it does note that a different version was used in the film.
    </font>

Having downloaded, listened to (and deleted!) the song on mp3, I'm pretty sure it's the Belle Stars version thats in the movie. Thanks again lads... and thanks for the recommendation, Castor - must go get that second soundtrack CD when pay day arrives...

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 18-01-2001).]

Advertisement