Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Taking tips

Options
  • 26-11-2004 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

I've been free taking ability on ps2 pro evo 4 any tips

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ai for the goal.

too ahrd to explain but every free you get within shooting distance you MUST work the keeper.

Therefore go to training and do the free kick session ,its a **** but it will learn you.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

This is one part of the game that annoys me to no end.
    And they make it harder which each game, mastered it in 2, was iffy in 3, can't hit the target in 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's great being able to beat the keeper at his near post that he's covering. Generally hit it at about just under half way and press up so that it's kept down a bit. Don't always try and score from free kicks, a bare tap of the cross button and some after touch can set up some nice goals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

if you're at the edge of the box hold down circle and down, it'll skim along the ground and sometimes it catches the keeper out. either that or cause a scramble

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

LOVE doing that :)

Circle and hold Down and if the wall jumps it slides under them and creeps into the corner. Comedy Goals :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Scored with my first ever kick, a curler into the far post. From the left hand side, edge of the area. Aim a little past the far post, then power to a smidgen under half, hold up and left and it should either work the keeper or creep into the top corner.

Of course it helps if the freekick taker has high curling, accuracy and power. But you all knew that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

DRakE wrote:
    LOVE doing that :)

Circle and hold Down and if the wall jumps it slides under them and creeps into the corner. Comedy Goals :D

I also try this a bit , but sometimes players stand behind the wall and block the ball .

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have not been able to shoot a free kick along the ground holding down...hodling down makes it go higher. :S

But hey, I am utterly pants at free kicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

UP is down and Down is up :/

Add bend as ball leaves foot.

Seriouslydo the training , should at least work the keeper everytime unless you overhit a smidgen.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 misdog

From 25m or less, aim above the smallest player in the wall, hold down on the D-Pad, and press shoot just over 1/3 way on power bar (while still holding down). When or if the ball makes it over the wall press L1 to dip the ball. Note the CPU will always put a small player in the wall and if that player is positioned nicely (ie second from right where you are aiming for the right corner and keeper is positioned on the left) you will have a decent chance of scoring. Only started doing these a couple of weeks ago but I have scored quite a few.

The circle trick worked for me in previous evo's but I'm not too keen on it.

Another method is to use the select button to switch player and lay (pass)the ball off to the left/right of the wall. Then the 'other' player positioned ready to take the free kick can run onto the ball and strike it at goal. Need to practice this more myself but it does work also.

Practice is the only real way to learn though...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Big Ears wrote:
    I also try this a bit , but sometimes players stand behind the wall and block the ball .
    Yeah, thats the worst thing about it.. leading to frantic scrambles tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Beat the goal keeper at his near post, hold R2 and point in the direction of the side he's covering. Place the ball outside the post, hold R2 and shoot half way with some spin. With lots of practice you can take him out of the game with a lob into the top corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Not a free kick i know but i did score a great corner with Alonso on LFC the other day.
    also scored a free with Diouf to seal a 7-0 drubbing of Manure :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

You scored directly from a corner and you beat Man Utd 7-0 with Bolton (or was it Liverpool)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

been a big problem for me also
    maybe if i read the instruction booklet that came with the game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Makaveli wrote:
    You scored directly from a corner and you beat Man Utd 7-0 with Bolton (or was it Liverpool)?

Yep scored from a corner, placed Alonso to face just between the peno spot and the goal with power at 35% ish held the right pad and it floated over the keeper.

Beat manure with LFC before i changed the teams over, but ist not that hard to beat teams on 4 stars just pass and move and look for the runner with the killer through ball, also I set the team up with Risse and keweel pushed far forward on the wings, when they get the ball to the by line i whip in a double tap on the O button and smack a header with Baros running into the box, if the defender gets there first and makes a mess of the clearence i have cisse to smah a shot in from outside the box. man they look good

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

used to score free kick freq. on pes3 but took a while to get it on pes4...now can nearly score at will......depending on the distanc of course. the best free kick taker has to be zito for classic brazil

Advertisement