Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa World Player Of The Year ? The Final Decision

• 26-11-2004 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Now the that award for the Fifa World Player of Year draws closer who do you believe deserves it based on their performances and skill not who they are or represent.

My Nomination is with out doubt Ronaldinho.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't think it even needs asking, Ronaldinho without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

You wait and give it a while and we'll get the arsenal fans on with their nomiantions with Thierry Henry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Ronaldinho all the way

Hooray for small ronnie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Agreed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Willem D wrote:
    You wait and give it a while and we'll get the arsenal fans on with their nomiantions with Thierry Henry.

I honestly think this thread may result in a rare occurence...a boards footy consensus!

Ronnie all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I honestly think this thread may result in a rare occurence...a boards footy consensus!

Ronnie all the way.

Roy Keane Is not in the running so I will go with the general consensus.

Ronaldinho is a shoe in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ronaldinho without a doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Willem D wrote:
    Now the that award for the Fifa World Player of Year draws closer who do you believe deserves it based on their performances and skill not who they are or represent.

My Nomination is with out doubt Ronaldinho.

It's normally based soley on reputation, which one look at the short list would tell you.

But you have to go for Ronaldinho, simpley unbeliveble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Willem D wrote:

Titti Henry :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yeah, gotta be Ronnie really, no one else comes close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

has to be ronaldinho, He single handidly saved Barca's season last year. No one is even close to him at the minute.

He single handidly saved Barca's season last year

Edgar Davids might disagree with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

I cant honestly think of any one else who is on the same level at the moment as ronaldinho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Its gotta be Ronaldinho for his impact on Barca since he moment he arrived. Cant be easy to go there after expressing an intrest in United who have to be seen as Barca's rivals for the Champs league. Among others of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Nedved or Ronaldinho, probably Nedved cause while Ronaldinho is just amazing, he doesn't fight in theg ames that they are losing mostly.

Juve have been amazing this year, with 31 points out of 36 in Serie A and full marks in the champions league, I think Nedved has been the driving force behind that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Ronaldinho, no one else is really trying :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Its a pity for henry, he deserves to win it sometime. He came close last time. Id go with ronaldinho. He's amazing, one of the best players I've ever seen. Probably as good as ronaldo was a few years back.

Ronaldinho can not even be compared to Ronaldo. They are both absolute Gods in their own right. Ronaldo is just an ultimate striker. Ronaldinho the ultimate creative playmaker/finisher...

I drool thinking of Ronaldinho...

cheesedude wrote:

I drool thinking of Ronaldinho...

I sincerely hope you meant to finish with '......playing football' rather than the statement on its own :eek: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Ronaldinho .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

roberto kilbano!!! :D after that ronnie

PHB wrote:
    Nedved or Ronaldinho, probably Nedved cause while Ronaldinho is just amazing, he doesn't fight in theg ames that they are losing mostly.
    You should have seen him when Celtic were holding Barca in the Nou Camp last season, he was trying to get his team mates really riled up. I think you just stuck that in there as your a bit bitter that he's not playing in the red and white right now. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Is Kevin Kilbane on the list? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Shevchenko.

I'd put money on it.

He is by far the best striker in the world at the moment and he eclipses anyone on any stage.

I sincerely hope you meant to finish with '......playing football' rather than the statement on its own :eek: ;)

But he is a really handsome fellow too...;)

No seriously, he is amazing! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

feck I forgot about Shevchenko. he is playing well alright !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Definately Ronaldinhio but i think that Eto`o deserves a look into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Seaneh wrote:
    He is by far the best striker in the world at the moment and he eclipses anyone on any stage.

agreed , but I pitty him sometimes , he scored 10 goals in qualifying for the last world cup (thats the best of any striker in Europe ) , and Ukraine didn't even qualify .

According to football manager he would be egible to play for Italy had he not been capped by the Ukraine , is this because of the length he's lived in Italy ?(he was an international before he went there , just incase anyones wondering)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Eto`o deserves a look into.
    Hardly. Yes he has had a great start to the season. But last year he didnt even score 20 goals. And Mallorca hardly set the world alight did they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Ronaldinho.

If only for the absolute destruction he made of Salgado (who i rate as a great right back) in the Real Barca match not too long ago.

He just skinned him, inside and out.. poor Michel must have been praying for the final whistle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

ronaldinho.

X

No that would be quite a stupid assumption to make eirebhoy.

I'd love to see him in a red and white shirt right now, but I still don't think he is a consistant player in all games yet, while Nedved is

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

PHB wrote:
    No that would be quite a stupid assumption to make eirebhoy.

I'd love to see him in a red and white shirt right now, but I still don't think he is a consistant player in all games yet, while Nedved is

So if both were available for 15 mill you would choose Nedved?

I do not see the logic in that,Nevded may stop a few goal's going in,in a season but Ronnie would create or score a lot more!

X

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Adriano - marginally the best striker in the world at the moment.

Adriano - marginally the best striker in the world at the moment.
    Again, just because he has started this season well he hardly deserves world player of the year. He only played a handful of league games last term and only scored 6 goals.

thats a silly question to ask since Ronnies nice and young while Nedved only has a few more years too it.

Juve are having the best season of any side in all of Europe, and I think its largely down to Nedved

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Again, just because he has started this season well he hardly deserves world player of the year. He only played a handful of league games last term and only scored 6 goals.

True enough. Seven in the Copa America this summer and four so far in the champions league isn't too shabby though.
    PHB wrote:
    Juve are having the best season of any side in all of Europe, and I think its largely down to Nedved

As much down to Cannavaro and Capello as anyone, I reckon. There's been little sign of Nedved's creative flair in any of the stiflingly dull encounters I've seen Juventus in this season.

I certainly don't think Adriano deserves world player of the year but his 7 league goals for Inter came in their last 8 games and he has 10 goals for Inter already this season. 7 goals in the Copa America too. He certainly looks like a future World player of the year.

• Advertisement

Im not doubting that Adriano is a talent, and a possible future world player of the year. I just think people tend to get sucked into the hype of who is currently on form when it comes to these things. Having said that I didnt know he performed so well in the Copa America (even though some teams did not send all of their players).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

PHB wrote:

That's because in 2004 they've rarely been in that situation. :D
    But, in all fairness, he does get stuck and try to pull the team up when they are struggling.
    Anyway, yeah, Ronaldinho fo' sho'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

I cant believe henry is in the final 3 thats crap!
    He has done nothing in europe or even for france,he scores a few goals against poor premiership defences big deal...

Very true man but Arsenal fans wouldn't say that nor would Andy Gray and Martin Tyler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

1. Ronaldinho
    2. Nedved
    3. Adriano
    4. Kilbane
    5. Juan Sara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It has to be Ronaldinho doesnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    4. Kilbane

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    1. Ronaldinho
    2. Nedved
    3. Adriano
    4. Kilbane
    5. Juan Sara

Sara below Kilbane!? You're mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Slash/ED wrote:
    Sara below Kilbane!? You're mad!

Its just that towards the end of the Irish season, I thought that Juan Sara started to suffer a lot from fatigue, having played so many games back-to-back without so much as a breather. Other than that he would have been higher up my list.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement