Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa World Player Of The Year ? The Final Decision

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Sorry but the premiership is not the center of the soccer universe!
    The only reason in my opinion Henry is so highly rated is because of theexposure we have in ireland to the english league!
    If we had the same coverage and media talk of the spanish and italian leagues i reckon no one would be talking about Henry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

The only reason in my opinion Henry is so highly rated is because of theexposure we have in ireland to the english league!
    If we had the same coverage and media talk of the spanish and italian leagues i reckon no one would be talking about Henry!
    To be honest, Sky show almost as much Spanish football as English football.

Do you think that the fact that Henry scores 30+ every year, some of which are truly stunning goals, domestically, in the CL and at international level might be the reason that he is highly rated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

complete rubbish. Henry bluffed ppl like you with his two goal against chelsea and then sed "some people say I only score in the small games so this must be another small game"

Henry's record and in the manner he gets this record speaks for itself.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    If Henry had've played well at Euro 2004 I've no doubt he would have got won it though.

possibely yes though the whole team played poorly, only zidane and pires were trying but thats a different matter.

You see thats the thing i cant remember the last time he did anything with france or even the last time he impressed me in the champions league!
    Oh but he is stunning against crap lowly premiership opposition!
    That must be the true sign of the worlds greatest player!
    Yes sky show spanish football but the english papers dont go barmy over it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

You see thats the thing i cant remember the last time he did anything with france or even the last time he impressed me in the champions league!
    Oh but he is stunning against crap lowly premiership opposition!
    That must be the true sign of the worlds greatest player!
    Yes sky show spanish football but the english papers dont go barmy over it!
    :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2209089&postcount=29

Congratulations Ronaldinho, but any of the players who were on the shortlist would have deserved it. They are all great players.

Dont get me wrong here i still beleive he is a fine player just not the best in the world!
    And i do concede he has scored some good goals against some of the top flight premiership teams too!
    But i also beleive he had an awfull big part to play in arsenals slump his attitude towards the back end of the slump was terrible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

What's this? Slate Henry day?

two stunning goals against PSV and Panathainikos. There's no point in argueing against your complete ignorance.

This isn't the "Is Henry only good against lowly opposition" its the "Fifa World Player of The Year" thread. stick to the title.

Im not on here to slate Henry ,im just annoyed at the fact that people cant accept that ronny is a better player!

you are. nothing in your posts back up your statement.

• Advertisement

Im not on here to slate Henry ,im just annoyed at the fact that people cant accept that ronny is a better player!
    Gangsta is an Arsenal supporter which would explain it.

Heres a suggestion give ronaldinho is credit since he has been crowned the world player of the year!
    Im sick of the complaining "henry should have won" there is no fix or anything he was voted the best!

I watched the awards last night and just thought, Ronaldinho has a match tonight, it just goes to show that the players do rate this award if he is flying to and from Switzerland less than 24 hours before an important game.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Gangsta is an Arsenal supporter which would explain it.
    So? I'm just argueing against some pathetic posts slating Henry which is not the topic of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Gangsta wrote:
    So? I'm just argueing against some pathetic posts slating Henry which is not the topic of this thread.

bahahhahahaha @ gangsta in general. Stop crying rivers cos it is pointless. The best man got it and the votes reflect that. Henry did not deserve it which is why he did not get it.

cheesedude wrote:
    bahahhahahaha @ gangsta in general. Stop crying rivers cos it is pointless. The best man got it and the votes reflect that. Henry did not deserve it which is why he did not get it.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement