Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem= cowardly skank?

Options
  • 15-12-2000 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Im watching eminem on TOTP right now...singing "Stan" live,and oh lord...the words have been altered.
    "****ed" became "messed", even "****ty" became "crummy", i'm not a fan of swearing for the sake of it,but this felt cheap and totally contradicts what he has said before in some of his songs and interviews,about how he cant get on TV etc,so what has he done, agreed to perform *******1sed versions of his songs to get some airtime?? u can handle radio stations dubbing out the curse words(it was obvious what was meant) but this left me feeling dirty frown.gif. What do ye think?
    p.s Isn't eminem playing shows in london soon? i know he would hardly need publicity to sell em out but still.....

This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Bucon

Well considering eminem is just a money grabbing-wannabe controversialist type person, it doesnt surprise me.

He'll do anything for publicity...which is just totally pointless....its like ads for cd's on the telly.

He is only in the music business to make a million or two(and i dont believe all musicians are) as fast as possible. I dont think he cares/believes anything that he writes....about murder being so cool, along with underage sex, rape, and doing drugs.

If this is the kind of w4nk3r some ppl want to support by buying cd's etc...then its the blind leading the blind....theres too many talented bands/musicians out there to be supporting a muppet like eminem.

And as for Dido backing him in stan, i think it must have been temporary insanity...cos her musics pretty good neway, doesnt need a ***** like him to promote it.

Bucon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Do you prefer brown bread or white bread?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

ffs bucon do you not listen to his music at all?!! It's not about the money all, HE CARES ABOUT THE MUSIC MAN!!

. . . . Ok I'm sorry I couldn't keep a straight face when I was typing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

roflmao hobbes smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Why does everyone assume that they can know anything about the guy.you've never spoken to him( i assume) so u don't know whatb the **** he's like, and its a bit presumptuous to decide he's a murderer or even a muppet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Bucon

lol! not that many of his fans/ppl in the world have talked to him.

And how does any one form an opinion on a band/song...by listening to it....and by what they see/read in newspapers or magazines.

From what ive read about eminem...he is a total luser smile.gif

Bucon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

From listening to his music alot and reading quite a bit about him personally I like his music. I haven't formed any opinion about him pertaining to his moral make up or about him as a peron. Again I don't want to enter into the argument that simply because he is such a public figure we should all be allowed to judge him as a person.
    BUT THE MAN ROX

hehehe sorry I had to

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hey man - Eminem tells it like it is to his fans. I mean, all the middle class white boys can relate to the hardship and the pain and having a great big chip on their shoulder for no real reasons and coming from the hood and gangbanging and dealing with all those *****es and just keeping it real and singing in a near cartoony voice and complaining about how tough it is being so famous.

Yeah - keep it real EMINEM. You the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

post was never intended to be about whether or not hes for real per se,more about the fact that he accepted censorship to get some exposure,it wud seem. Sell out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

i second this good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

ah theres only one decent rapper wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Yes, he's a sellout. Though, you have have had to be genuine to sell out. The guy is intelligent and knows how to market himself. His breakthough single was rejigged for airtime too, so he's been at it for ages.

Its just Dr Dre's music with M&Ms words and a load of press. At last a rapper that white middle class kids can feel comfortable listening to and who's album they're parents would prefer to some angry black man.

He's a marketing gimmick, thats all. If you want proper Hip Hop listen to Dead Prez. The first track on their album is fantastic.(Warning to White America: you may not like what these intelligent and articulate black people have to say, so stick with Eminem)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I think he's alright but he never wrote me back so I'm driving my vw caddy off the eastlink.

Yours in whitetrash hell,
    Stan

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

ahh now Eminem is a good rapper himself .. although he doesn't play any instruments himself ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SickBoy:
    Do you prefer brown bread or white bread?</font>

yes, I do

Do your limbs ever get tingly, eh? eh?

I'd like Eminem if the lyrics weren't such unrhyming and tunnel-brained crap. He's a bit of a tardo with a taste for money if you ask me. Good rapper all t'same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hmm dont you all get that the music business is totally abiout money. The only decent music is the kind that makes just enough miney in the charts to survive, like offspring, greenday, and less than jake. Dont go raving about emenin being a publicty guy, hell dr. dre made him. guess who made him, hint MTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Offspring are sellouts tho. Nuff said. They're last few albums were not too bad before americano came out. Then after "pretty fly" the became just another pseudo pop-punk band with bugger all origionality and even less talent.

vince1.gif
    I LiKe JaM.

[This message has been edited by Zapper (edited 06-01-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Who cares if he sold out or is keeping it real? If you like his music listen to it if you don't, don't. I personally think the guy sucks.

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

dont worry about forming opinions of him or anyone else. Just make up your mind whether you like his music or not.

It is about the music.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darthmise:
    dont worry about forming opinions of him or anyone else. Just make up your mind whether you like his music or not.

It is about the music.
    </font>

I genuinely respect that sentiment, but I would disagree. the lyric content of his stuff really is despicable - alot of homophobic references that influence kids to be little bigots. so, even though i enjoy his music, i have to say i don't think he's any good because his lyric content, when i took the time to listen to it, really disgusted me. no doubt though, he is very talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I have to agree. I think Stan is a truly brilliant song, but the man himself, he's a complete and utter muppet..

Im going to the bear fights tomorrow, want to come with ??

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

From The Real Slim Shady:
    "But if we can hump dead animals and antelopes then there's no reason that a man and another man can't elope"

that doesn't sound homophobic to me

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Correct me if im wrong but didnt Dida write that song and slim shady was just rapping to it?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sixpack's little hat:
    "But if we can hump dead animals and antelopes then there's no reason that a man and another man can't elope"

</font>

sixpack, i think what eminem was saying in that lyric (which i had never noticed before in a song of his) is that he equates people humping dead animals to homosexuality. i think he was trying to highlight there how disgusting he believes homosexuality is. he was being sarcastic, as far as i could see.

maybe i am wrong, but i don't think so. listen out for some other lyrics.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Winning Hand:
    Correct me if im wrong but didnt Dida write that song and slim shady was just rapping to it?</font>
    well.....she wrote the female vocalist part...which is just a sample,granted song wudnt be the same without it,but its not the sample that makes the song. Its pure class,the whole concept of it. To say eminem "just raps to it" is a bit unfair to say the least,and im not even a really big fan of his.
    also,he says worse in some songs about gays than that little piece. They knew that wud be a single and so the reference was probably toned down a bit by his standards.

prop6.gif

[This message has been edited by bugler (edited 11-01-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sixpack's little hat:

</font>

Listen to the next line and you'll get it.
    Stan's a good song, he's a twat QED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

he is hardly in it for the money when he was rapping at the age of 15 and in a **** load of rapping competitions (where he was found) and before eminem no white person would DREAM of making it in the rap industry

Vanilla Ice!
    lol.these music board topics are slow burners.

prop6.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bugler:
    Vanilla Ice!
    lol.these music board topics are slow burners.
    </font>

hahahah... you think Vanilla Ice 'made it' in the rap industry? ... no way, dude... not as a performer anyway.

He murdered Queen and Bowie's 'Under Pressure' and should never achieve forgiveness for that terrible feat!

As for Eminem, - I believe I've said before that he's fairly talentless, - relying on sensationalism and bull****ting his way through life - he's just relatively lucky in some respects and has the odd good (& catchy) choons and lyrics.

There are many better.

Very many.

bard2.gif

Advertisement