Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo DS "online" soon...

Options
  • 26-11-2004 10:50pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=5666
    However, a translation of Miyamoto's comments in Famitsu which has been posted on the Internet reveals that he expects the Nintendo DS to get online games in the near future, which would lead Nintendo's movement into the online space.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sweet ass.

/me owns tman at Hunters

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Nice one.
    can't wait until it gets its release date here. Prob would order online but want to see how the games fair out and future releases.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Rabies wrote:
    Nice one.
    can't wait until it gets its release date here. Prob would order online but want to see how the games fair out and future releases.

Nintendo are announceing the European details in Early Jan. Its expected to retail at £130/€185 but thats TBC. Nintendo have revised their projected sales of the DS to 5 mil units and 15 mil games by the end of March so id say the Euro launch will be Feb/March.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

/me owns tman at Hunters
    /me owns Jimeatsmenu at Hunters...
    Online sounds cool, imagine Advance Wars DS online...
    *sweet*

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I wonder if they plan to do any marketting for this in Europe, or do they still think they dont need to?
    I'd be surprised if they don't learn their lesson from Metroid Prime 2, that should have shifted hardware like GTA:SA and Halo 2 did, but only people looking for it knew about it.

(I'm still itching to get my hands on a DS though, ads or not!)

flogen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

/me owns Jimeatsmenu and rainbow kirby at hunters

... definitely gonna have to get myself a ds and a wap

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

How about BoarDS (boardsies meet up and play DS when the thing launches...)? Twould be a laugh.

How about BoarDS (boardsies meet up and play DS when the thing launches...)? Twould be a laugh.

I was wondering how it wold be beore there was the first DS Lan. :D
    I reckon if it was going to be in the true spirit of the DS it would have to be on a train or spread out over Stephens Green (shopping centre or park).

mmmm much Metroid Hunters ownage in public places....

Think of those N-Gauge adds, "This is where I stuck a rocket up Samus's ass..." ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nessup

I am currently working on a project that will bring the Nintendo DS Online. You can read the story here.

nessup wrote:
    I am currently working on a project that will bring the Nintendo DS Online. You can read the story here.

How you getting on with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

flogen wrote:
    I wonder if they plan to do any marketting for this in Europe, or do they still think they dont need to?
    I'd be surprised if they don't learn their lesson from Metroid Prime 2, that should have shifted hardware like GTA:SA and Halo 2 did, but only people looking for it knew about it.

(I'm still itching to get my hands on a DS though, ads or not!)

flogen

were you not in work when keith came over with his? was sweet. only saw a tiny bit of mario 64 but looked nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

Rew wrote:
    I reckon if it was going to be in the true spirit of the DS it would have to be on a train or spread out over Stephens Green (shopping centre or park).

Alrighty then, buy out the DART!

Imagine the look on the 1st non-DSer to enter the train, and he just sees 30-odd people sitting with their DSs (or is it DSes) open, furiously tapping their screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

wicked, i may pick up a ds at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I like the idea of BoarDS. :) Who's going to be the first to photoshop up a logo and stick it on places. DartDS would be great. I'm still not sure about when to get one.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    were you not in work when keith came over with his? was sweet. only saw a tiny bit of mario 64 but looked nice.

Ill be in Dub mon/tue next week and should have (all going to plan)

Ridge Racer
    Mario
    Spiderman
    Feel the Magic

Im in Trinity for the two days could drop up and give ya a look if you want.

Syth wrote:
    I like the idea of BoarDS. :) Who's going to be the first to photoshop up a logo and stick it on places. DartDS would be great. I'm still not sure about when to get one.
    Hey, turns out I was bored.

boarDS.png

Syth wrote:
    Hey, turns out I was bored.

boarDS.png

LOL.

Seriously though what would be a good location for a DS LAN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

1. A workplace with cubicles like in Dilbert or Neo's office.

2. A traffic jam. 16 cars packed together, all with a DSer in them, all connected with LAN. Ahh the Perspective shot into there windshileds whould look cool. A good DS poster I think.

Rew wrote:
    LOL.

Seriously though what would be a good location for a DS LAN?
    I think Stephen's green is a good idea. Though it'd be cold for a good while yet. We could take over some restaurant, but the owners would get mad. :) The problem is that there are very few public places where you can sit or stay for a while. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

liffey valley or blanchards town shpping centre would do do...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nessup

Rew wrote:
    How you getting on with it?

It's going quite well, actually. We'll be buying a domain shortly.

Wired article on Wireless hand held gaming.

http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,65984,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_2
    "The wireless LAN capability of (the) DS is great for head-to-head games between units in range," said Karthik Bala, CEO of Vicarious Visions, which co-developed a Spider-Man 2 game with Activision. "The truly exciting future comes from its use of the Wi-Fi 802.11 capability ... for broader communication and online-based handheld games. This could really bring about some unique games and online handheld game communities."

Advertisement