Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commission return from mortgage broker?

Options
  • 26-11-2004 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

say I have a mortgage provider in mind. Is there a broker that I can go to that would refund me some ot the commission he/she would gain from my business with that mortgage provider. I tried Rea, but for their services (inc solicitor) it was costing us €1200. Pretty expensive seeing how I can get a solicitor for €900 on my own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ask for them to get a fixed fee where you pay them and they get no fee. It's the usual advice for pension advisers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Bambam,who is the solicitor that quoted you €900? is that including vat,searches etc? was thinking of going with this crowd www.moving.ie anybody any experience of them? living in dublin at the moment.

Cheers in advance.
    Col.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

The details for the solicitor I was on about are in my work inbox. I'll post them up Monday. He was 900 excluding searches and probably vat.

btw, askaboutmoney.com recommend another solicitor for €850 : http://p200.ezboard.com/faskaboutmoneyfrm4.showMessage?topicID=73.topic
    "(The cheapest solicitor I know is Dermot Deane & Co who specializes in conveyancing and charges the same fee - €850 + VAT irrespective of the price of the house. (Price correct at 25 March 2004) His phone number is 01 231 4600. I have used him on two occasions and I have referred him to others, most of whom have found him extremely efficient as well as being good value. However, two people were put off by his abrupt manner and felt that he was not customer orientated.)"

they also mention a broker ferga.com who apparently refund commission. I need to ring these guys and see what their story is. They are mentioned on the same url as above : "Some discount brokers such as www.ferga.com will refund you part of the commission or will apply the commission towards paying for the legal costs."

Hey, that moving.ie looks interesting - http://www.moving.ie/legal_surveys/legal_details.htm#mort
    " Simply let Mortgages Direct arrange your mortgage for you and they'll subsidise your legal fees, so you'll only have to pay 675 euros (+ vat + outlay). "

I wonder how much money they want upfront?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Crikies that was quick,
    Cheers for the info,www.moving.ie are €975 all in.got stung back in june for €1850(and that was with a discount),First house purchase and also the family solicitor so stupidly of me I didn't ask for a price,once bitten twice shy as the say.Sorry if I hijacked your thread.

Cheers,
    Col.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

that's prety cool http://www.moving.ie/legal_surveys/legal_details.htm#mort
    bambam wrote:
    The details for the solicitor I was on about are in my work inbox. I'll post them up Monday. He was 900 excluding searches and probably vat.

btw, askaboutmoney.com recommend another solicitor for €850 : http://p200.ezboard.com/faskaboutmoneyfrm4.showMessage?topicID=73.topic
    "(The cheapest solicitor I know is Dermot Deane & Co who specializes in conveyancing and charges the same fee - €850 + VAT irrespective of the price of the house. (Price correct at 25 March 2004) His phone number is 01 231 4600. I have used him on two occasions and I have referred him to others, most of whom have found him extremely efficient as well as being good value. However, two people were put off by his abrupt manner and felt that he was not customer orientated.)"

they also mention a broker ferga.com who apparently refund commission. I need to ring these guys and see what their story is. They are mentioned on the same url as above : "Some discount brokers such as www.ferga.com will refund you part of the commission or will apply the commission towards paying for the legal costs."

Hey, that moving.ie looks interesting - http://www.moving.ie/legal_surveys/legal_details.htm#mort
    " Simply let Mortgages Direct arrange your mortgage for you and they'll subsidise your legal fees, so you'll only have to pay 675 euros (+ vat + outlay). "

I wonder how much money they want upfront?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I would recomend First Credit. Legal Fee's of €690 and free valuation. And they definitly get the best rates, by far, there was a difference of 0.2% between First Credit and the others. There Dun Laoghaire office is 2845851

Advertisement